Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

72 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Horror Movies, Discussing and Sharing Frights!! (Movies)

views

mssv19
post Jun 28 2009, 02:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Best HORROR MOVIE!!

Angel of Deth
post Jun 28 2009, 03:14 PM

Regular
Group: Validating

I want to ask, somebody know this movie title :- The scene start with a group of teenager partying at an apartment. After that there are ghost/zombie went out from TV and infected all people at the apartment.

This movie quite old maybe from early 90's, i haven't finish watch it because my cd is damaged and lost.
TSMov_freak
post Jun 28 2009, 03:35 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(ray148 @ Jun 28 2009, 01:50 PM)
old horror slasher movie is more iconic than good actually...Friday The 13th only got like 2-3 good movies...not counting the remake...which is good btw...

can anyone recommend me any good horror-comedy movie (not spoof movie)?? the only i can think of rite now :

-frighteners
-braindead
-shaun of the dead
If anyone were paying attention to my list the following are pretty good horror-comedy:

An American Werewolf in London 1981
Ah, the good old 80s. Was a shock when it first came out. Also inspired Michael Jackson's (may he rest in peace) Thriller MTV. And launch John Landis career as a director. Be warn, a little racy...

Fright Night 1996
A silly like vampire movie, which I like

Slither 2006
I was horrified and rolled on the floor laughing as the same time. REALLY!!

Hope this is helpful

Added on June 28, 2009, 3:37 pm
QUOTE(Angel of Deth @ Jun 28 2009, 03:14 PM)
I want to ask, somebody know this movie title :- The scene start with a group of teenager partying at an apartment. After that there are ghost/zombie went out from TV and infected all people at the apartment.

This movie quite old maybe from early 90's, i haven't finish watch it because my cd is damaged and lost.
Have NO idea

Not even an inkling...

Er.. remember any of the actor's name....

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 28 2009, 03:37 PM
xy2610
post Jun 28 2009, 03:53 PM

Bachelor of Lostology (Hons)

QUOTE(Angel of Deth @ Jun 28 2009, 05:14 PM)

Demons 2

Asia Argento was in the movie too, but she was just a kid.
QuickFire
post Jun 28 2009, 07:36 PM

The more you sin the more you win

I watched The Descent again last night, and it's still great. This is a movie which is both scary and frightening. Scary because it plays on our most basic fears - fear of the dark, fear of small spaces, fear of the unknown. Frightening because the frights are.... well, frightening. The period between going into the cave and the monsters appearing is, for my money, the scariest part of the movie. Very well shot and utterly claustrophobic! After that it is a full-on onslaught of monsters, gore, and frights. The second half, comprising of these three elements, does diminish a bit with repeat viewings, but it's terribly effective still. One of the best recent horror movies. 4/5

Another one by Neil Marshall I've seen is Dog Soldiers. I know it's highly regarded by some circles, but I found it to be complete dog poo. It isnt cheap B-horror gold. It's cheap B-horror shit.

[REC] is one which is truly omg-I-need-to-cover-my-eyes scary, especially the last 15 minutes. It isnt as good the second time, but the first experience is just... whoa.

I'm not sure if Carrie is a scary horror movie, but what it definitely is is a brilliant movie. And there is one almighty fright at the end.

John Carpenter's The Thing is one friggin suspenseful ride. It's basically a whodunit with a gory twist, and it's executed perfectly. Some of the best practical effects ever. A favourite of mine.

Alien is, of course, a landmark film.

Both Repulsion and Eraserhead, which I saw not long ago, to an extent are pretty scary movies. Both have a great sense of unease.

Poltergeist is a pretty entertaining movie, but I dont find it scary at all. Except that one scene where a man literally tears his face off.

Nightmare on Elm Street. I've only seen the first, but the only good things I can say about it are its premise and some of the gore effects, which are still pretty stellar today. Freddie Krueger sounds good on paper, and he is good when we dont see him, but actually seeing him in the flesh he's just laughable.

This post has been edited by QuickFire: Jun 28 2009, 08:03 PM
TSMov_freak
post Jun 28 2009, 08:34 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Jun 28 2009, 07:36 PM)
[REC] is one which is truly omg-I-need-to-cover-my-eyes scary, especially the last 15 minutes. It isnt as good the second time, but the first experience is just... whoa.

I'm not sure if Carrie is a scary horror movie, but what it definitely is is a brilliant movie. And there is one almighty fright at the end.

John Carpenter's The Thing is one friggin suspenseful ride. It's basically a whodunit with a gory twist, and it's executed perfectly. Some of the best practical effects ever. A favourite of mine.

Alien is, of course, a landmark film.

Both Repulsion and Eraserhead, which I saw not long ago, to an extent are pretty scary movies. Both have a great sense of unease.

Poltergeist is a pretty entertaining movie, but I dont find it scary at all. Except that one scene where a man literally tears his face off.

Nightmare on Elm Street. I've only seen the first, but the only good things I can say about it are its premise and some of the gore effects, which are still pretty stellar today. Freddie Krueger sounds good on paper, and he is good when we dont see him, but actually seeing him in the flesh he's just laughable.
Wow. So many movie I have NOT seen ([Rec], Repulsion and Eraserhead). That simple WON'T do!! tongue.gif

Yes, Carrie is a great movie. Also interesting to know that it is one of the first movie that hints at of part 2 at the end!!

Yes, LOVE John Carpenter's The Thing (going to be release on Blu-Ray)

The first Alien movie, is definitely a horror movie. Can still remember going to the movies to watch that with my elder brothers. Scared the heck out of me!!

Poltergeist good!

If you like the 1st nightmare, would recommend the 3rd as well.

Also forgot to put Dreamcatcher in my list which is at the beginning of the forum. Again a rare Stephen King book to movie adaption I like.

Added on June 28, 2009, 8:42 pmJust watched The Covenant...

Not scary

It is actually MORE Dragonball then the actually Dragonball movie!!!!? Weird!

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 28 2009, 09:02 PM
QuickFire
post Jun 28 2009, 09:13 PM

The more you sin the more you win

Both Repulsion and Eraserhead are not horror movies per se. If you can broaden the term 'horror', Repulsion is psychological horror. Eraserhead is just weird. Watch it for the experience. Another recent psychological horror I can think of is The Machinist. Seeing a skeletal Christian Bale is scary enough!

I watched Dreamcatcher years back (when it came out I think). I thought it was horrible then. tongue.gif

Btw how old are you Mov_freak? I awsnt even born when Alien came out.

P/S: The Covenant is a piece of shit. Only good thing is the hot Laura Ramsey

This post has been edited by QuickFire: Jun 28 2009, 09:16 PM
aspire2oo6
post Jun 28 2009, 09:15 PM

Banned

user posted image

coming soon
TSMov_freak
post Jun 28 2009, 09:57 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Jun 28 2009, 09:13 PM)
Both Repulsion and Eraserhead are not horror movies per se. If you can broaden the term 'horror', Repulsion is psychological horror. Eraserhead is just weird. Watch it for the experience. Another recent psychological horror I can think of is The Machinist. Seeing a skeletal Christian Bale is scary enough!

I watched Dreamcatcher years back (when it came out I think). I thought it was horrible then. tongue.gif

Btw how old are you Mov_freak? I awsnt even born when Alien came out.

P/S: The Covenant is a piece of shit. Only good thing is the hot Laura Ramsey
Okay. You've peaked my interest. Will look for Repulsion and Eraserhead.

I'm sorry you did like Dreamcatcher. I kinda do. I like the way they intercut the character's childhood with when they grew up and things in your past can comeback a biting when you are an adult.

>Btw how old are you Mov_freak? I awsnt even born when Alien came out.

Ah! I've said too much... Let's put it this way... I was old when they built the Great Pyramids of Giza.... Now, I'm just ANCIENT!!! (Like the Crypt Keeper.... tongue.gif)

Still think it is more Dragonball then Dragonball!!?! (The Covenant) nod.gif

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 28 2009, 09:59 PM
randoMPark
post Jun 28 2009, 10:04 PM

Group: Newbie

the exorcist is one of the scariest movies ive ever seen, made me have nightmares in my sleep for 3 days..

and this one, im surpriced nobody mentioned this movie.. THE IT!
that damn pennywise the clown really scared the sh*t out of me when i was a kid.. i remember watching throughout the whole movie with my blanket in my hand, to cover my face whenever that idiot came out...

user posted image
n00b13
post Jun 28 2009, 10:13 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(ray148 @ Jun 28 2009, 01:50 PM)
can anyone recommend me any good horror-comedy movie (not spoof movie)?? the only i can think of rite now :
There's an old one called House, starring William Katt and George Wendt. There was also a sequel called House 2: The Second Story.

They're from the '80s, so there's plenty of crappy SFX - but that's not necessarily a bad thing with horror-comedy. smile.gif

TSMov_freak
post Jun 28 2009, 10:26 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon

QUOTE(randoMPark @ Jun 28 2009, 10:04 PM)
the exorcist is one of the scariest movies ive ever seen, made me have nightmares in my sleep for 3 days..

that damn pennywise the clown really scared the sh*t out of me when i was a kid.. i remember watching throughout the whole movie with my blanket in my hand, to cover my face whenever that idiot came out...

user posted image
Ah, I think someone did, in Page 2... If memory serves... (IT)

Yes, the ORIGINAL Exorcist was very good. The sequel wasn't much and the new ones were just BAD!!! sad.gif

Added on June 28, 2009, 10:28 pm
QUOTE(n00b13 @ Jun 28 2009, 10:13 PM)
There's an old one called House, starring William Katt and George Wendt. There was also a sequel called House 2: The Second Story.

They're from the '80s, so there's plenty of crappy SFX - but that's not necessarily a bad thing with horror-comedy.  smile.gif
The House wasn't bad. It is made by "Disney"! smile.gif

The S/F was okay, for it's time. Not sure if I've watch House 2, maybe it was THAT unmemorable! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 28 2009, 10:28 PM
maxizanc
post Jun 28 2009, 10:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(randoMPark @ Jun 28 2009, 10:04 PM)

user posted image
i too am surprised that you didn't noticed tongue.gif

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jun 28 2009, 10:26 PM)
Ah, I think someone did, in Page 2... If memory serves... (IT)

That was me!!
Angel of Deth
post Jun 28 2009, 11:07 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jun 28 2009, 10:26 PM)

Yes, the ORIGINAL Exorcist was very good. The sequel wasn't much and the new ones were just BAD!!! sad.gif

The remake and the sequel is bad?? because i not watch it yet..btw, the original is creepy but not so scary.
TSMov_freak
post Jun 28 2009, 11:56 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon

QUOTE(Angel of Deth @ Jun 28 2009, 11:07 PM)
The remake and the sequel is bad?? because i not watch it yet..btw, the original is creepy but not so scary.
Even when her head turn 360 degrees and when she shot pea soup out off her mouth!! tongue.gif

They didn't remake The Exorcist per se

Exorcist: The Beginning (2004) Renny Harlin
Exorcist: Dominion (2005) Paul Schrader

Are Prequels

Paul Schrader was original hired by Warner Brothers to make the prequel. Half way into production, the big wigs of Warner's weren't happy with the direction the director was taking. They fired him and hired Renny Harlin to finished the movie. Once the new director took over, there were story and character changes.

So if you watched the movie, there are characters who seems important at the beginning of the movie, suddenly disappears in the middle??

But it is a beautifully shot movie, just not much substance.

The movie BOMDED in the box office (*Surprise Surprise*)

So, Warner NOT satisfied with the results, rehired the original director back to reshoot the movie according to his visions (or was that recut, cannot remember) and after doing so, reissued to the cinema Exorcist: Dominion (2005) Paul Schrader, which SURPRISE, SURPRISE also bomded at the box office.... *Sigh*

So in short, don't waste your time. I certainly did!!! sad.gif

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 28 2009, 11:58 PM
xy2610
post Jun 29 2009, 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jun 29 2009, 01:56 AM)
Even when her head turn 360 degrees and when she shot pea soup out off her mouth!! tongue.gif

They didn't remake The Exorcist per se

Exorcist: The Beginning (2004) Renny Harlin
Exorcist: Dominion (2005) Paul Schrader

Are Prequels

Paul Schrader was original hired by Warner Brothers to make the prequel. Half way into production, the big wigs of Warner's weren't happy with the direction the director was taking. They fired him and hired Renny Harlin to finished the movie. Once the new director took over, there were story and character changes.

So if you watched the movie, there are characters who seems important at the beginning of the movie, suddenly disappears in the middle??

But it is a beautifully shot movie, just not much substance.

The movie BOMDED in the box office (*Surprise Surprise*)

So, Warner NOT satisfied with the results, rehired the original director back to reshoot the movie according to his visions (or was that recut, cannot remember) and after doing so, reissued to the cinema Exorcist: Dominion (2005) Paul Schrader, which SURPRISE, SURPRISE also bomded at the box office.... *Sigh*

So in short, don't waste your time. I certainly did!!! sad.gif
I heard that the second sequel (Exorcist 3) is actually not bad.
I never watch the full film but that head cutting scene is brilliant.

This post has been edited by xy2610: Jun 29 2009, 12:03 AM
TSMov_freak
post Jun 29 2009, 12:15 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon

QUOTE(xy2610 @ Jun 29 2009, 12:02 AM)
Wow, so many horror movie NOT watched yet!!

I have NOT watch Exorcist III

Will now nod.gif

Added on June 29, 2009, 4:26 pm
QUOTE(xy2610 @ Jun 29 2009, 12:02 AM)
Speaking of Head Cutting scenes, have you seen the one in the original The Omen!!?

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 29 2009, 04:26 PM
Angel of Deth
post Jul 5 2009, 08:32 PM

Regular

Yesterday i watched Night Of The Demons. Quite cheesy and boring, today i'll watch the 2nd series. Hope it will not disappoint me.
xy2610
post Jul 5 2009, 09:56 PM

QUOTE(Angel of Deth @ Jul 5 2009, 10:32 PM)
Yesterday i watched Night Of The Demons. Quite cheesy and boring, today i'll watch the 2nd series. Hope it will not disappoint me.
Ohhhh! A remake of that is in production.
Have not watched the original because it seems like it sells sex in its trailer.
Princess90
post Jul 5 2009, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Anybody watched the last house on the left?
Is it good?

72 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0813sec    3.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2019 - 08:36 AM