Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN stock market FAQs & Guide, T+3, Dividends, commissions/fees, etc...

views

htt
post Jul 8 2009, 09:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,305 posts

QUOTE(kmarc @ Jul 7 2009, 06:15 PM)
Ok. I'm planning to add a subtopic that covers declaration of dividend in our income tax. Just that I never did that before as my first dividend is in 2009!!!  sweat.gif

Anyway, going to put some examples in the guide, as follows :

BKAWAN - Interim dividend 10 sen Single Tier T.E.
KLK - Interim dividend 10 sen Single Tier
ALLIANZ - 1st and final dividend 2 sen

If I understand the STS/TTS correctly,
1) BKAWAN - gives out 10 sen, company not taxed and shareholder no need to declare in their income tax
2) KLK - gives out 10 sen, company was taxed 25% but shareholder no need to declare in their income tax
3) ALLIANZ - gives out 2 sen under TTS, company was taxed and shareholder still have to declare in their income tax.

Am I correct in this?  hmm.gif
I think all wrong tongue.gif
1. TE just to confuse you, actually taxed to company.
2. company tax not necessary 25%, think that's lower, couple with other tax deductible, can be even lower (or higher for some company).
3. TTS? Company got the tax credit to declare dividend & distribute profit to shareholders, shareholders can claim back excess tax paid based on individual tax rate/ bracket.

But I don't think we need in depth knowledge for this topic, as tax is hard for most & the more you provide will only end up confuse more tongue.gif Just know to claim back whatever should be claim back and pay whatever should be pay will do for most of us.

Also no use study tax in depth unless you are really interested or got great benefit by study that, because tax law change almost every year, what you study now might not be applicable in a year or two, waste brain cells tongue.gif
htt
post Jul 15 2009, 05:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,305 posts

QUOTE(lklatmy @ Jul 15 2009, 02:51 PM)
1.The rate varies according to the basis year,Y/A 2003 to Y/A2006 was 28 %,Y/A 2007 was 27 %,Y/A 2008 was 26 % and Y/A 2009 is 25 %.

2.The RM27 is the tax paid by the company to the IRB.

3.You setoff the RM27 against your tax payable and the unutilised amount will be refunded.

4.I don't use Nominee CDS so I have no idea on the subsidiary income tax certificate.Normal Dividend warrant is quite straight forward and it clearly states whether the dividend is taxed,TE or single tier.
As for the example/explanation,I am kind of lazy and hope other forumers can help you out.

Sorry for the late reply as I 've missed your post.
Good answer rclxms.gif
Something to add.
4. Nominee account dividend voucher might have 2 sections, one section stating tax information, the other stating charges etc, use the tax section for tax purposes.
htt
post Jul 29 2009, 12:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,305 posts

QUOTE(chin20350 @ Jul 29 2009, 11:24 AM)
Margin Question

If i have 100k capital and margin another 50k in a stock.
The price for the stock is RM 1 .

Lets say the stock market are going down and the stock need decrease to what price then i need to sell all my stock to cover the margin??
Wish you guys can understand what i mean >.< Sorry
Not all, but have to be enough to maintain the margin.
htt
post Aug 14 2009, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,305 posts

QUOTE(rstusa @ Aug 14 2009, 12:48 PM)
I got a question here about dividend, can you check my attachment the highlighted area there, is it the tax by govt? Why the tax so high until 25%? And only genting got tax but other company didn't charge for the tax. I thought the listed company already taxed by govt so their dividend to us will exempted from tax.
Those with tax is good thing, you can claim back some if you are not earning a lot of money.
Refer to other threads also, already discuss over for many times.

This post has been edited by htt: Aug 14 2009, 01:31 PM
htt
post Sep 18 2009, 04:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,305 posts

QUOTE(debbieyss @ Sep 18 2009, 02:14 PM)
Just a question:

It means any day can be a buying day; any day can also be the T+3 day, right?
Only day when market trade.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:01 AM