Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Why Maybank rejected my Credit Card application?

ckwhy
post May 13 2009, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Why Maybank rejected my Credit Card application?
I have good credit record. No outstanding in my current credit card. And also their housing loan customer.
Anyone know why?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Vinci777
post May 13 2009, 12:08 AM

:: Ultra-Husky-holic ::
Group: Senior Member

The easiest way is to call them =.= But as far as i know, Maybank cc application is strict compare to others.
+Quote Post
ckwhy
post May 13 2009, 12:10 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Vinci777 @ May 13 2009, 12:08 AM)
The easiest way is to call them =.= But as far as i know, Maybank cc application is strict compare to others.
It seems ridiculous as I have met all their requirements.
+Quote Post
Toriton
post May 13 2009, 12:10 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ckwhy @ May 13 2009, 12:02 AM)
I have good credit record. No outstanding in my current credit card. And also their housing loan customer.
Anyone know why?
ur yearly income meet minimum requirement or not? usually... that is the only reason app being rejected...

+Quote Post
ckwhy
post May 13 2009, 12:12 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Toriton @ May 13 2009, 12:10 AM)
ur yearly income meet minimum requirement or not? usually... that is the only reason app being rejected...
My yearly income is more than what they need (their requirement is RM24k). Salary every month being credited to MBB savings sumore.

+Quote Post
leyley
post May 13 2009, 12:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!

I have been using Maybank credit card for quite a long time too. Until recently get really mad at their service.
+Quote Post
ckwhy
post May 13 2009, 12:26 AM

Getting Started

I want to get Maybank CC because I want to pay it via Maybank2u, currently need to travel to UOB every month to deposit cash and pay online. Feel so troublesome.
+Quote Post
kokofai
post May 13 2009, 12:45 AM

Getting Started

why not just called them up? maybe they mistakenly rejected ur application since u said u fulfilled all their requirements.

Talk face to face is always good one.
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post May 13 2009, 12:47 AM

PeACe~~

QUOTE(ckwhy @ May 13 2009, 12:02 AM)
Anyone know why?
How many CC's do u have currently?

How much is your applied loan, and still how much need to pay back?
+Quote Post
JScomp
post May 13 2009, 01:36 AM

QUOTE(ckwhy @ May 13 2009, 12:26 AM)
I want to get Maybank CC because I want to pay it via Maybank2u, currently need to travel to UOB every month to deposit cash and pay online. Feel so troublesome.
actually u can pay ur UOB via maybank2u also..but rm 2 wil be charge from ur maybank acc...
but if u drive to UOB also more than rm 2 petrol right?
+Quote Post
jack2
post May 13 2009, 06:08 AM

Banned

call and tell them that you can place a FD pledgement as the security if they still don't approve you.
+Quote Post
encikcam
post May 13 2009, 06:13 AM

Getting Started

u shud be asking maybank. not us. how the ??? we know why. if they reject u they must have a reason. threatenen them to leave them while you're talking to their rep might do the trick
+Quote Post
Godek
post May 13 2009, 06:25 AM

On my way

BTW, theirs min income is RM2500 per month or RM30000 per year. The min income also must be basis salary not include other (commission, overtime, allowance).

So if u are fulfill the requirement I think u better call them.

Other better method is go to your maybank branch that you open your maybank saving account then ask them to pre-approve your application. They will ask reason and why, just tell your reason.

Lot easy because 90% will approve even your min income is low than requirement because they will go thru your saving account to analysis your spending behavior hehe (read: If thru online application or other branch, they cannot pre-approve as they cannot authorize to analysis your saving account)

This post has been edited by Godek: May 13 2009, 06:26 AM
+Quote Post
danmooncake
post May 13 2009, 06:55 AM

Market Up, Market Down...Wheee..

TS:
MayBank CC not needed for online payment.
CC from HSBC or Citibank also allow online paymeny and they're much easier to apply.
+Quote Post
CodeBasic
post May 13 2009, 07:27 AM

Getting Started

FYI, maybank CC very easier to apply and get approved...last time i tried apply citibank twice, HSBC as my 1st CC but failed even my salary is over RM1,500....but when i go to apply maybank CC, i get it within 3 weeks since it is preapproved as my salary went into maybank saving acc...Finally, get my visa wave...

you can try for second time n c or better check with Bank Negara whether u have clean record or not..cos u mayb have some other loan unpaid like study loan, or any bss loan..
+Quote Post
nothingz
post May 13 2009, 09:08 AM

6 Stars General

QUOTE(danmooncake @ May 13 2009, 06:55 AM)
TS:
MayBank CC not needed for online payment. 
CC from HSBC or Citibank also allow online paymeny and they're much easier to apply.
HSBC is kiasu bank, their CC is not easy to get. My friend 2.5k basic also cannot get....

CIMB is the easiest to get among them
+Quote Post
ch_teo
post May 13 2009, 09:13 AM

On my way

m*yb*nk kept calling me at least once for every few months for a around 1 year until i fed up then i will take 1 cc. get this cc as a backup for my direct access. thinking to complain as their staffs keep kacau-ing me but since they want give, then i take it as backup.

yes, also play the tricks when apply or talk to their staff. threat them to terminate if they want to charge you the annual fee or whatever charges, that what my ex-senior colleagues did when the staff want to charge them annual fee. also redeem those gifts.

This post has been edited by ch_teo: May 13 2009, 09:18 AM
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post May 13 2009, 09:18 AM

PeACe~~

QUOTE(Godek @ May 13 2009, 06:25 AM)
BTW, theirs min income is RM2500 per month or RM30000 per year. The min income also must be basis salary not include other (commission, overtime, allowance).

So if u are fulfill the requirement I think u better call them.

Other better method is go to your maybank branch that you open your maybank saving account then ask them to pre-approve your application. They will ask reason and why, just tell your reason.

Lot easy because 90% will approve even your min income is low than requirement because they will go thru your saving account to analysis your spending behavior hehe (read: If thru online application or other branch, they cannot pre-approve as they cannot authorize to analysis your saving account)
doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
Dood, their database is linked lah. anyone from any branch can access the info with appopriate access.

QUOTE(CodeBasic @ May 13 2009, 07:27 AM)
FYI, maybank CC very easier to apply and get approved...last time i tried apply citibank twice, HSBC as my 1st CC but failed even my salary is over RM1,500....but when i go to apply maybank CC, i get it within 3 weeks since it is preapproved as my salary went into maybank saving acc...Finally, get my visa wave...

you can try for second time n c or better check with Bank Negara whether u have clean record or not..cos u mayb have some other loan unpaid like study loan, or any bss loan..
HSBC with RM1,500 salary?
How would their sales person even entertain u in the 1st place?

For me HSBC is the most picky and action bank, their sales person only look for those rich potential ppl to sign up.
If u are not wearing branded or look rich, bet they wont approach u to apply card
+Quote Post
tinkerbel
post May 13 2009, 09:37 AM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
Finance, Education Essentials, Apple Byte
Group: Moderator

@ckwhy,
MBB's credit department might have flagged U as high credit risk. As they aren't able to tell how many other CCs U have out there in the market and the exact CL on each of them, when they do a tabulation and see you have too much outstanding loans and high-risk credit, they will automatically reject your CC application or CL increase.
+Quote Post
ckwhy
post May 13 2009, 09:37 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(JScomp @ May 13 2009, 01:36 AM)
actually u can pay ur UOB via maybank2u also..but rm 2 wil be charge from ur maybank acc...
but if u drive to UOB also more than rm 2 petrol right?
Its less than RM2 petrol, its on my way home, just that its troublesome to stop at UOB atm every month
+Quote Post
yeezai
post May 13 2009, 10:09 AM

-using no way as way-having no limitation as limitation-

apply other bank lor...i personally dun like maybank..they are abit lansi...
+Quote Post
Godek
post May 13 2009, 10:43 AM

On my way

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 13 2009, 09:18 AM)
doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
Dood, their database is linked lah. anyone from any branch can access the info with appopriate access.
Yup their database is linked but CC Department and Other branch cannot access the applicant saving account and give pre-approve for your CC application (read: pre-approve for your home branch is important).

True story because I myself am a Student with part time job, apply a Maybank CC thru online application. Then CC Customer Service called me said they need min salary of RM2500 per month (basis) not RM1500 anymore just increase it early this year.
Said to them that they can checked my saving account is heavily transaction (>100k per month) and my commission is around rm2000 per month (dont ask what job brows.gif ) .
They said like this can get pre-approve from my home branch to approve lot easy that way.
Even they know my account transaction also they cannot pre-approve my application only home branch can do it.
Now, I got my CC to do online purchase for international market flex.gif
+Quote Post
dvinez
post May 13 2009, 02:21 PM

Limited Edition

Last time, my basic only 1.1k + 900 allowance + comm, get around 3k+, worked for 3-4months.
approved for petronas card, maybe cos salary is credited into maybank saving ac and i have fd there.
+Quote Post
MilesAndMore
post May 13 2009, 02:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(nothingz @ May 13 2009, 09:08 AM)
HSBC is kiasu bank
And look where are there now ... same thing can be said to Singaporeans tongue.gif

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 13 2009, 09:18 AM)
For me HSBC is the most picky and action bank, their sales person only look for those rich potential ppl to sign up.
If u are not wearing branded or look rich, bet they wont approach u to apply card
I couldn't agree more. They are also very selective in choosing customers but they have been improving in recent years, not as picky anymore.

+Quote Post
yeezai
post May 13 2009, 07:34 PM

-using no way as way-having no limitation as limitation-

QUOTE(Godek @ May 13 2009, 10:43 AM)
Yup their database is linked but CC Department and Other branch cannot access the applicant saving account and give pre-approve for your CC application (read: pre-approve for your home branch is important).
True story because I myself am a Student with part time job, apply a Maybank CC thru online application. Then CC Customer Service called me said they need min salary of RM2500 per month (basis) not RM1500 anymore just increase it early this year.
Said to them that they can checked my saving account is heavily transaction (>100k per month) and my commission is around rm2000 per month (dont ask what job  brows.gif ) .
They said like this can get pre-approve from my home branch to approve lot easy that way.
Even they know my account transaction also they cannot pre-approve my application only home branch can do it.
Now, I got my CC to do online purchase for international market  flex.gif
hmm your commission not that much le considering >100k turnover monthly...you doing online betting issit..
+Quote Post
firadaboss
post May 13 2009, 07:42 PM

I have the same problem. Applied for 3 times already and all rejected.

My salary last time was 1.5k got increment now already 2.2k.
Credit record clean (CCRIS,CTOS, kris, atos, u name it... thumbup.gif )

Whereas Citibank, HSBC, DirectAccess, EON, UOB, MBF, Standard Chartered, Public Bank, RHB and CIMB all give me card.
The highest is 12k, the lowest is 8k.

Can you imagine how sombong Maybank is.

Since then I never deposit my paycheck through Maybank anymore, and register all my bills to Direct Debit (no more Maybank2u paybills anymore RM0.50 charge u know!).

I curse Maybank and all their sombong employees!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
+Quote Post
tinkerbel
post May 13 2009, 07:56 PM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon

@firadaboss,
Perhaps it's because U oredi have so many CCs and the available CL combined puts you as high credit risk - hence MBB rejected your application. For someone earning RM2.2k, U oredi have a minimum CL of 20k - that's quite a bit, don't U think?
+Quote Post
firadaboss
post May 13 2009, 08:43 PM

QUOTE(tinkerbel @ May 13 2009, 07:56 PM)
@firadaboss,
Perhaps it's because U oredi have so many CCs and the available CL combined puts you as high credit risk - hence MBB rejected your application.  For someone earning RM2.2k, U oredi have a minimum CL of 20k - that's quite a bit, don't U think?
Well, the reason I have so many cards is because I need to play Transfer-The-Balance game.
Or else my debt's interest will snowballing like mount Kinabalu oledi!

And the reason I want Maybank kredit kad also because their Bal Transfer plan right now is very attractive!

U might be rite, tinkerbell. However, I still curse them for not giving me a chance at all! If they afraid, just give me 3k credit limit also enough.
+Quote Post
tinkerbel
post May 13 2009, 08:45 PM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon

@firadaboss,
I hope you know what you're doing and that you aren't trying to cover 10 holes with 9 covers or Ur gonna get burnt.

If U really want the MBB CC, just keep applying smile.gif
+Quote Post
firadaboss
post May 13 2009, 08:49 PM

@tinkerbell

What's done is done. Right now I'm doing exactly that to survive. sweat.gif
Hoping some day my adsense will burst, or my boss suddenly give me big bonus... rclxm9.gif
+Quote Post
Malefic
post May 13 2009, 09:33 PM

Getting Started

Personally I prefer HSBC to remain selective in their choice of customers. The HSBC salesgirls that I dealt will are leng lui, well-dressed, speaks good English, well-trained and polite ... traits that are absent from many Malaysian sales people these days.

+Quote Post
MilesAndMore
post May 13 2009, 10:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(firadaboss @ May 13 2009, 07:42 PM)
I have the same problem. Applied for 3 times already and all rejected.

My salary last time was 1.5k got increment now already 2.2k.
Credit record clean (CCRIS,CTOS, kris, atos, u name it... thumbup.gif )
Whereas Citibank, HSBC, DirectAccess, EON, UOB, MBF, Standard Chartered, Public Bank, RHB and CIMB all give me card.
The highest is 12k, the lowest is 8k.

Wow ... 12K and you earn only 2.2k ? That's very high ... My mom is a government servant and she earns way more than you but her first credit card's credit line was no where near the 12K mark.

QUOTE(tinkerbel @ May 13 2009, 07:56 PM)
For someone earning RM2.2k, U oredi have a minimum CL of 20k - that's quite a bit, don't U think?
I personally feel the CL is way too high smile.gif So i think it makes sense why Maybank is reluctant to issue you more credit card.

QUOTE(firadaboss @ May 13 2009, 08:43 PM)
Well, the reason I have so many cards is because I need to play Transfer-The-Balance game.
Or else my debt's interest will snowballing like mount Kinabalu oledi!
This could well be the reason why your application is rejected. It's probably because you still have many outstanding ...

QUOTE(Malefic @ May 13 2009, 09:33 PM)
Personally I prefer HSBC to remain selective in their choice of customers.
HSBC can afford to do so simply because they are the only true global bank in the world and their financial position is still relatively healthy compared to other giant banking groups. Citibank is their closest rival for the term "true global" bank but they are not quite there yet. Besides, we all know how they are doing now ... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: May 13 2009, 10:57 PM
+Quote Post
ckwhy
post May 14 2009, 12:10 AM

Getting Started

For your information, called Maybank this morning and they are not allowed to give any reason for the rejection.

Now im transferring all my savings account to CIMB and they gv me pre-approved credit card without any queries.

really tired with Maybank already yet my girl friend is working with Maybank... sien la...
+Quote Post
b00n
post May 14 2009, 12:33 AM

delusional
Group Icon
Group: Staff

Topic closed.
Can carry on discussion in the existing pinned credit card topic: http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/953666
+Quote Post

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0832sec    1.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:34 AM