Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

123 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Clueless on which telco? Prepaid or postpaid?, Enquiries, discussions and suggestions

views

stanum
post May 22 2009, 11:28 AM

SharePoint enthusiast
692 posts

Hey guys,

just wanna ask your opinion on which telco should i subscribe based on below matter.

I currently using Maxis Postpaid Value RM80 plan. Been calling my gf everyday and the bill comes up around RM200++. It has been few months with bill around RM200++. Average calls is around 40hours based on the itemised bill for the last few months.

I'm cant stand it anymore to keep paying RM200++ just for the phone bill. I'm thinking of getting Celcom 1+5 which i studied that it much more beneficial for me and my gf. Just register new no for both my gf and i.

I will terminate my maxis no and change it to prepaid, and add with celcom number for family plan for my gf and i.

So, do you think my plan is good? or you have another ideas to share with me? Please do yeah... smile.gif
kingcom
post May 24 2009, 12:15 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

IMHO, Prepaid plans are having similar rates to postpaid plans - except Postpaid plans usually come with special free calls and sms bundles.

I've been using Celcom's Executive 50 plan, and I've been getting their 30% discount on my rates. Pretty worth it if u ask me. Why not try Celcom's family plans too? Your gf gonna be your wife some day what. laugh.gif
TSfruitie
post May 24 2009, 12:27 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
59,285 posts

QUOTE(stanum @ May 22 2009, 11:28 AM)
Hey guys,

just wanna ask your opinion on which telco should i subscribe based on below matter.

I currently using Maxis Postpaid Value RM80 plan. Been calling my gf everyday and the bill comes up around RM200++. It has been few months with bill around RM200++. Average calls is around 40hours based on the itemised bill for the last few months.

I'm cant stand it anymore to keep paying RM200++ just for the phone bill. I'm thinking of getting Celcom 1+5 which i studied that it much more beneficial for me and my gf. Just register new no for both my gf and i.

I will terminate my maxis no and change it to prepaid, and add with celcom number for family plan for my gf and i.

So, do you think my plan is good? or you have another ideas to share with me? Please do yeah... smile.gif
You may try DiGi postpaid, not need to terminate number just MNP and remain your current number but switch your telco provider. smile.gif
You become the main line, minimum package is only RM 50 whereas you girlfriend becomes your supplementary line and only pays RM 30.00, both of you can call/SMS/MMS for free and it is unlimited. smile.gif
I'm sure this can save your cost a lot. smile.gif
stanum
post May 25 2009, 08:48 AM

SharePoint enthusiast
692 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ May 24 2009, 12:27 AM)
You may try DiGi postpaid, not need to terminate number just MNP and remain your current number but switch your telco provider. smile.gif
You become the main line, minimum package is only RM 50 whereas you girlfriend becomes your supplementary line and only pays RM 30.00, both of you can call/SMS/MMS for free and it is unlimited. smile.gif
I'm sure this can save your cost a lot. smile.gif
If i'm using Digi then, my bill would be RM50+RM30 = RM80 . Unlimited SMS/MMS/Call/Video Call?

Whereas, if i'm using Celcom EP 50 + Family Plan 1+5, my bill would be RM50+5(supplementary line) = RM 55. 40 hours per subscriber, means SMS/MMS/Call/Video Call are 80 hours for both of us for 1 months.

I'm thinking of getting new line because i want to separate personal and working line. And the new line that i might buy just for calling my GF without not commitment to call anyone else unless emergency.

So, i'm thinking of getting Celcom instead of Digi. But would like to get Digi if cheap than Celcom but longer calls from Celcom. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
TSfruitie
post May 25 2009, 09:03 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
59,285 posts

QUOTE(stanum @ May 25 2009, 08:48 AM)
If i'm using Digi then, my bill would be RM50+RM30 = RM80 . Unlimited SMS/MMS/Call/Video Call?

Whereas, if i'm using Celcom EP 50 + Family Plan 1+5, my bill would be RM50+5(supplementary line) = RM 55. 40 hours per subscriber, means SMS/MMS/Call/Video Call are 80 hours for both of us for 1 months.
I'm thinking of getting new line because i want to separate personal and working line. And the new line that i might buy just for calling my GF without not commitment to call anyone else unless emergency.

So, i'm thinking of getting Celcom instead of Digi. But would like to get Digi if cheap than Celcom but longer calls from Celcom.  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
If you are using video call, then forget about DiGi because it has no 3G video call features yet, so far only DiGi 3G broadband. Calls/SMS/MMS are unlimited free though. smile.gif
Celcom seems to be a better choice for you. smile.gif Go ahead with it. biggrin.gif

Anyway call rate for DiGi is RM 0.13/minute to all networks and RM 0.10/SMS to all networks. Can add up to 6 numbers for FnF to enjoy cheaper call and SMS rate.

This post has been edited by fruitie: May 25 2009, 09:04 AM
eugene90
post May 27 2009, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

throw a question to all of you here, i'm going to go abroad soon, but i'm unwilling to give up my number( 019 XXX 4444) which had cost quite alot to me.. is it possible that i retain my number just that i change the service provider, say to starhub?

it's possible to switch from maxis, digi to celcom and one another, but is it possible to do the samething in other country?

if not possible, what should i do? should i just let it die off like that? i cannot...

i'm using prepaid right now...
aspire2oo6
post May 27 2009, 07:48 PM

Banned
34,712 posts

QUOTE(eugene90 @ May 27 2009, 04:26 PM)
throw a question to all of you here, i'm going to go abroad soon, but i'm unwilling to give up my number( 019 XXX 4444) which had cost quite alot to me.. is it possible that i retain my number just that i change the service provider, say to starhub?

it's possible to switch from maxis, digi to celcom and one another, but is it possible to do the samething in other country?

if not possible, what should i do? should i just let it die off like that? i cannot...

i'm using prepaid right now...
sell it off lor or ask someone else to maintain it. Prefix in other telco is not the same like malaysia. Malaysia telco are kedekut.

Or u can sell your no to me keke
CuteSanSan
post May 27 2009, 07:50 PM

Ambitious
1,375 posts

sell ur 4444 number get de $$ n go othr country buy their VIP number..haha
eugene90
post May 28 2009, 06:38 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(CuteSanSan @ May 27 2009, 07:50 PM)
sell ur 4444 number get de $$ n go othr country buy their VIP number..haha
so the conclusion is i cannnot switch to foreign telco?

maintain? how to maintain? sign up for celcom 20 ?

(i bought it for 888 ringgits, how much you can offer me? hmm.gif )
mensa
post May 28 2009, 09:16 AM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(eugene90 @ May 28 2009, 06:38 AM)
so the conclusion is i cannnot switch to foreign telco?

maintain? how to maintain? sign up for celcom 20 ?

(i bought it for 888 ringgits, how much you can offer me? hmm.gif )
RM888 for your phone number only? sweat.gif
stanum
post May 28 2009, 04:32 PM

SharePoint enthusiast
692 posts

Hey guys, i have successfully create new postpaid line in Celcom, with package EP50 plus 1 subline.

So far, i don't face any trouble using it except when i want to login into the online postpaid website. It keeps appearing 'Please login again after 3 minutes'. I keep trying after waiting about 1 hour and try login again, but same error message appeared.

Tried to call 100 to talk to Celcom representative, but they seem dont have any clue what is going on. And they said they opened case for me and will respond within 3 days!!

Well, i hope within 3 days, everything would be better.
2die4
post Jun 2 2009, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

hi guyz... i need some feedback and advise.. icon_question.gif

currently me n my wife using Hotlink with credit usage RM30 ++ and RM50++ per month. I'm thinking of getting postpaid plan either form Maxis / Celcom / Digi.

This is my usage - mainly for voice call and sometimes video call to my wife + calling friends / office usage.

From my survey on the family / supplementary line if found this:

Maxis - Commitment of RM 80 permonth
Principal line RM 50 (VP 50) + supplementary line RM 30 (family plus 30 - commitment of RM30 per month), voice call rate 15sen / 20sen (on / off net), allowed SHARING TALKTIME (so both of us can used up to RM80 permonth) & free call between family line - capped at 15 hours.

Celcom - Commitment of RM55 permonth
Principal line RM50 (exec 50) + supplementary line RM5 (monthly fee), voice call rate 30sen (on/off net), free call between family line - capped at 40 hours.
For this i think principal line will be goes to my wife and i will be used the supplementary line.

DIGI - Commitment of RM80 permonth
Principal line RM 50 (forgot what plan) + supplementary line RM 30 (1family - commitment of RM30 per month), voice call rate 13sen (on / off net) & free call between family line - dont know got capped or not.
For this the principal line will be goes to my wife and i will used the supplementary line.

At first, im thinking of getting Digi but due to the DIGI dont provide video calling yet... maybe i should forget about "Orang Kuning" currently... Does anyone here know when DIGI will provide this service since they got 3G service for broadband now. If they will introduce in due time, i'll think maybe i can wait abit...

On the celcom part, i'm afraid that the usage of calling time will be more as celcom call rate is 30 sen perminute. the advantage of it that it provide longer hours for family call time.

As for Maxis, don't have any problem with their package, but just been using hotlink for quite some times (almost 10 years ady). the best credit that i could give to maxis is they provide SHARING TALKTIME, which i think the best bang for the bucks.

So anyone can suggest me rclxub.gif ... Hope to get it with reasons why you choosing it... icon_rolleyes.gif

sorry for long entry... Thank You... thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by 2die4: Jun 2 2009, 04:37 PM
aspire2oo6
post Jun 2 2009, 06:40 PM

Banned
34,712 posts

maxis sound like a good deal credit sharing.

No matter who spend more it will be balance credit wont go to waste
lengcaiboy
post Jul 5 2009, 08:03 PM

On my way
543 posts

can tell me...
cheap in call not sms

This post has been edited by lengcaiboy: Jul 5 2009, 08:05 PM
ilovelyn
post Jul 5 2009, 09:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,283 posts

QUOTE(lengcaiboy @ Jul 5 2009, 08:03 PM)
can tell me...
cheap in call not sms
depends on what number u calling..
and how many number u calling..
if calling ur gf better take digi postpaid with sup line..
where the call from the main to sup and vice versa is free..
epool86
post Jul 5 2009, 09:35 PM

Celcom Fan
1,161 posts

sure this topic will be closed by moderator soon.. just ask in the existing thread.. by the way, for call usually postpaid is cheaper than prepaid.
CuteSanSan
post Jul 5 2009, 10:02 PM

Ambitious
1,375 posts

if u r a student i would recomend Digi D'campus..super cheap !!
aspire2oo6
post Jul 6 2009, 12:46 AM

Banned
34,712 posts

QUOTE(epool86 @ Jul 5 2009, 09:35 PM)
sure this topic will be closed by moderator soon.. just ask in the existing thread.. by the way, for call usually postpaid is cheaper than prepaid.
tat was last time. Atm not anymore. Prepaid smses are anytime cheaper than postpaid smses. For calls not all prepaid plans are at the cheapest. It also depends u are calling which network.

This post has been edited by aspire2oo6: Jul 6 2009, 12:48 AM
kentoh
post Jul 7 2009, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

if business use sure is postpaid , if for some selected regular call number will be prepaid campus , hyc , uox
kentoh
post Jul 7 2009, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

now a day digi coverage is bad ....

123 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0806sec    2.75    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 10:31 AM