Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MMU vs USCI, having a hard time to choose...

views

TSchopper
post Mar 23 2009, 03:53 AM, updated 16y ago

41 posts

hello,
jz finished spm,
considering engineering course at either USCI or MMU(i hope i won't
offend any1,juz wana compare...),Since my family cannot support me
financially, i have 2 apply 4 scholarships. heard that MMU has
better reputation in engineering course(not quite sure about that)
, has good lecturers and the fees are about RM10k cheaper than
UCSI's . however, MMU's scholarship has a 10 years bond if i finish
the 4 yr degree n 1 yr foundation, while UCSI full scholarship
don't have bond. All they request is a 5-hr-per-week-office-job.
obviously USCI's scholarship is better since we don't know what
will happen during the 10 years bond. MMU scholarship do offer
monthly allowence (rm650 i think) which is something better than
the other scholarship,but i prefer USCI's scholarship since they
only need us 2 maintain 3.0 CGPA(MMU 3.5). So i seriously need more
info to make me choose (haiz,now im like the traveler in the poem
"road not taken").

1. how good is USCI's engineering courses,i mean in terms of
finding a job, reconization of it's degree as well as the lecturers
as well

2. facilities

3.anything u guys can think of where 1 campus has advantage over the other
thx thx rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by chopper: Mar 23 2009, 12:00 PM
corallinkz
post Mar 23 2009, 04:07 AM

Regular
1,369 posts

QUOTE(chopper @ Mar 23 2009, 03:53 AM)
hello,
jz finished spm,
considering engineering course at either USCI or MMU(i hope i won't
offend any1,juz wana compare...),Since my family cannot support me
financially, i have 2 apply 4 scholarships. heard that MMU has
better reputation in engineering course(not quite sure about that)
, has good lecturers and the fees are about RM10k cheaper than
UCSI's . however, MMU's scholarship has a 10 years bond if i finish
the 4 yr degree n 1 yr foundation, while UCSI full scholarship
don't have bond. All they request is a 5-hr-per-week-office-job.
obviously USCI's scholarship is better since we don't know what
will happen during the 10 years bond. MMU scholarship do offer
monthly allowence (rm650 i think) which is something better than
the other scholarship,but i prefer USCI's scholarship since they
only need us 2 maintain 3.0 CGPA(MMU 3.5). So i seriously need more
info to make me choose (haiz,now im like the traveler in the poem
"road not taken").

1. how good is USCI's engineering courses,i mean in terms of
finding a job, reconization of it's degree as well as the lecturers
as well

2. facilities

3.any advantage u guys can think of where 1 campus is better than the other
thx thx rolleyes.gif
ever tried to considered UNITEN? heard many good stories about them in engineering courses, not forgetting MONASH aswell. well, im also clueless which Univs is good in ENGINEERING of computer/IT related courses.
antu007
post Mar 23 2009, 04:07 AM

6 posts

MMU ... the No. 1 private University in Malaysia.

Scholarship ??
Intel
Maxis
Telekom
Petronas
Shell
..etc2

thken
post Mar 23 2009, 04:38 PM

keep walking
938 posts

QUOTE(antu007 @ Mar 23 2009, 04:07 AM)
MMU ... the No. 1 private University in Malaysia.

Scholarship ??
Intel
Maxis
Telekom
Petronas
Shell
..etc2
any proof?
hsienhsien
post Mar 23 2009, 04:42 PM

Safe Trader
1,490 posts

depends on wat courses u wan, btw, mmu is really a good private U. almost all engineering course is approved by bem. ucsi just 2 electronice course accredited only if im not mistaken.
TSchopper
post Mar 23 2009, 05:02 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(thken @ Mar 23 2009, 04:38 PM)
any proof?
mayb he is saying that MMU is the 1st private University in Malaysia,i think that's true...
opethbleed555
post Mar 23 2009, 05:03 PM

Casual
340 posts

in terms of fees MMU has the cheapest compared to other private unis and the degrees are well recognised but MMU engineering field leans more towards telecommunications

This post has been edited by opethbleed555: Mar 23 2009, 05:04 PM
ahsong
post Mar 23 2009, 11:12 PM

42 posts

any proof?
call u mmu and ask for proof... tongue.gif

erm.. consider about mmu bah. good facilities.
jasperng
post Mar 23 2009, 11:55 PM

- Eminent Leader -
1,263 posts

I would choose MMU over UCSI. MMU is well recognised in Malaysia. I strongly dislike the UCSI campus in Taman Connaught ... their lecture hall is nothing like other lecture hall. it is flat just like normal class room. I dont know whether they have new hall or not but last time went i went for open day that was what I saw ..

antu007
post Mar 24 2009, 12:32 AM

6 posts

Well .. i dont see this link as a PROOF .. well ok .. i TAKE BACK my statement.

http://blog.limkitsiang.com/2007/03/05/wr-...n-universities/

..erm.. actually i dont read lim kit siang blog.. just now when someone here ask for proof .. so i just google up and found this. THIS is not a proof from me.

This post has been edited by antu007: Mar 24 2009, 12:34 AM
SUSKal-el
post Mar 24 2009, 02:25 AM

Regular
1,204 posts

What bonds are you talking about? and how sure that you gonna get the scholarship?

Cannot afford? There is always PTPTN. Even my family cant afford. Not only mine, there are plenty of people who cant afford higher education in malaysia. Good thing that PTPTN is there. No worries.

And if you wanna study Engineering i suggest you come to MMU. Your 1st foundation year will be at the cyberjaya campus which is really superb in facility wise. Very very new and very big campus. But thhe only problem here is food and its quite deserted. You can dig in more info about MMU cyberjaya in this forum. After your foundation if im not mistaken you can choose to go to Malacca campus or Cyberjaya campus based on the course. Malacca campus is really awesome. Although the the facility is not that good compared to MMU Cyber but the living environment is awesome. Food everywhere. Public transport also very easy. apartments and houses are cheap. Cost of living also is very cheap. can survive with Rm10 per day.UCSI however have very bad facility compared to MMU Malacca and the cost of living wil be higher over there.

Quality wise i'd say mmu is way better. MMU is the best private university in Malaysia. Many companies like to hire people graduated from MMU as well because of their maturity and the way they think is way different than other graduates.

Cut short, MMU>UCSI
ahsong
post Mar 24 2009, 02:58 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(Kal-el @ Mar 24 2009, 02:25 AM)
What bonds are you talking about? and how sure that you gonna get the scholarship?

Cannot afford? There is always PTPTN. Even my family cant afford. Not only mine, there are plenty of people who cant afford higher education in malaysia. Good thing that PTPTN is there. No worries.

And if you wanna study Engineering i suggest you come to MMU. Your 1st foundation year will be at the cyberjaya campus which is really superb in facility wise. Very very new and very big campus. But thhe only problem here is food and its quite deserted. You can dig in more info about MMU cyberjaya in this forum. After your foundation if im not mistaken you can choose to go to Malacca campus or Cyberjaya campus based on the course. Malacca campus is really awesome. Although the the facility is not that good compared to MMU Cyber but the living environment is awesome. Food everywhere. Public transport also very easy. apartments and houses are cheap. Cost of living also is very cheap. can survive with Rm10 per day.UCSI however have very bad facility compared to MMU Malacca and the cost of living wil be higher over there.

Quality wise i'd say mmu is way better. MMU is the best private university in Malaysia. Many companies like to hire people graduated from MMU as well because of their maturity and the way they think is way different than other graduates.

Cut short, MMU>UCSI
Agree Agree rclxms.gif The PTPTN is not hard to apply, it is just matter of half loan or full loan u will get.
MMU malacca vs MMU cyberjaya vs UCSI
u will get the nice study environment in MMU cyberjaya.
No offense blush.gif
sexualpower
post Mar 24 2009, 09:22 AM

Regular
1,964 posts

here are some factors that may play a role in decision making, from what I wrote in MMU thread

QUOTE(RainJR @ Mar 21 2009, 01:14 PM)
i send adi my application to MMU,but i havent receive any letter which inform me they had receive my application. when i'm checking online admission status, keep on error. I sent my application also to TAR College on the same day with MMU's. But,TAR College already replied and my application at there under consideration. May I know what is going on ?
do u even see any MMU advertisement in The Star newspaper? i see none, this is how serious the admin of MMu has become~

Added on March 22, 2009, 10:56 pm
QUOTE(RainJR @ Mar 21 2009, 01:47 PM)
Oh ya,does MMU Law CLP recognised ?
Law faculty started for an estimated 3 years, it's best that you call MMu to ask~ by the way, also bear in mind that MMu has not been providing information regarding policy change that may be a valid reason for accreditation termination~

Added on March 22, 2009, 10:58 pm
QUOTE(ISFJ @ Mar 21 2009, 04:04 PM)
Can I know the fees for a bachelor's degree in Electric & Electronic Engineering or Electronic Engineering majoring in Telecommunications in MMU for the 2009/2010 intake? I've searched the MMU website but I couldn't find anything about it.

Also, when is the deadline for the application for the June intake?

Thank you  smile.gif
should be around 44k

Added on March 22, 2009, 11:03 pm
QUOTE(Bigblock @ Mar 21 2009, 04:37 PM)
Hows is mechanical eng in MMU? in melaka?the lecturers and all? i am a diploma tele grad from there, but i left in 2008. never knewe much bout the university after that since the new president took over Dr.ghauth's seat. I heard the situation is getting bad is it true?
2nd year students amounting to 50% had failed their Fluid Mechanics and the appeal to have a class to avoid prolonging graduation has been replied with 3 words -> "not enough manpower" pls look at the earlier link regarding the abolishment of W model issue for the answer to your question regarding the new administration after Prof Ghauth went to UM, 1 dean and 2 lecturers went over to UTAR

Added on March 22, 2009, 11:06 pm
QUOTE(Bigblock @ Mar 21 2009, 04:55 PM)
I see... but what are the current prices? hows the new president?since your an src rep in melaka?
there has been rumours on TM giving out MMU tender but no one accepted~ if this were to be true, is it a case of TM selling MMu? could it be linked to the lack of advertisements and sudden increase of failure rates if all these are true? just food for thought

Added on March 22, 2009, 11:10 pm
QUOTE(Bigblock @ Mar 21 2009, 05:13 PM)
Coz i heard the situation is gettin bad there? but what else to do bro so thats why i am askin you since you opened this thread for any inquiry. So i dont thing its right you answer me in this manner, not to flame you here but its best if you answer the questions correctly not by saying "u want to know u talk to him urself and see lo... muahaha". This aint funny to me by any means.
i believe that enquiring is good only if u get answers~ here, take a look, u be the judge~ President's "Foreword" page, "Coming Soon" even when the President is here for almost a year

Added on March 22, 2009, 11:12 pm
QUOTE(gavinfernando @ Mar 21 2009, 05:31 PM)
sorry but i dont mean anything much... truly apologize... Let me put it this way, since im in src, i can barely see the president in melaka.. mostly he will be in cyebr except wednesday where he will be in the office... but the thing is, much thing has happen before... They had change the president. The first president then went to utar... on the way, some lecturers left mmu for utar as well.. and now he is in UM. Then comes in this president... I really cannot comment on this part cox personally I carnt see him often. So, I could not comment. The sentense i put, might upset u or what... and again a apologise.. The meaning behind it... was that even most of us carnt get to see him, and u think everyone can see him? thats the idea... and i dun think u catch it... so, im here to make it clear...

and again... sorry.
it's true that Ghauth is no more in MMu and that lecturers and even a Dean of FOE has went to UTAR, are the new policies which are implemented even in the exam unit and the bell curve from the new president?

QUOTE(corallinkz @ Mar 21 2009, 06:54 PM)
which courses is popular in MMU? can u recommended me courses under engineering, IT related.do u have IMs (msn/ym/gtalk etc) so that i can further ask u there? Please PM me smile.gif
I recommend software engineering and ISE under FIST faculty~ basically based on the fair pricing for having the priviledge of having lecturers who actually do research and development in the university itself~ lecturers who do that are actually very much towards the academic side~ as for engineering courses, I'm not so sure but I'd strongly recommend that u stay away from mechanical as the failure rate is very high, u can check the failure rates by downloading the list of students who failed in the bulletin board -> bulletin.mmu.edu.my

i happen to have a downloaded file, sem1 of 2008/2009 (change the extention from .doc to .xls as .xls is not allowed in LYN), i counted 83 students failing fluid mechanics, total students were 160, that's 50%

QUOTE(Bigblock @ Mar 22 2009, 11:56 PM)
Failure retes are very high in MMU i see..."not enough man power" is really a bad excuse to them paying students.I heard ISO is being used as a standsrd for marking and thats the reason y students fail?
The new president aint doin all good i see...
well, from my opinion, i don't see why MMu don't wanna earn more if they can~ i think u can check from bulletin board that one of the SRC had put on a thread on starting a class, poor fella~ my advice is that u check the bulletin board for the last semester and then talk directly to him and ask, he's still in SRC after all

Added on March 23, 2009, 12:08 am
QUOTE(Bigblock @ Mar 22 2009, 11:56 PM)
Failure retes are very high in MMU i see..."not enough man power" is really a bad excuse to them paying students.I heard ISO is being used as a standsrd for marking and thats the reason y students fail?
The new president aint doin all good i see...And which faculty are you from sexualpower?
standard depends on many factors, supply and demand being one, the government & money being another and nearer to student, it's the professional bodies and in-campus politics~ let me tell u, CPA reported last month that they were not aware of the policy change of MMu, they didn't know about the W model~ so account students, take note~ when a new president comes in with new policies, can u say no to it, i wonder~ will a Dean say no? everyone is working for a payslip at the end of the month and dare u say no to the boss?

as for the W model, it has been implemented and will not be changed from what I've read in the SRC blog

i'm in social university aka working, fortunately~ my sis is in MMu~

QUOTE(corallinkz @ Mar 23 2009, 04:05 AM)
thanks for the recommendation. just want to confirm, SE is not under any of the ENGINEERING in the MMU?
and any chances to go to abroad in MMU? there is no twinning program ?
the word "engineering" means "the process of making"~ most of the time, in profession, the word refers to physical and tangible objects and therefore, we get electrical and electronics engineerings (circuit board), mechanical engineering (engine), robotics engineering (automation) but when it comes to software engineering, u'll be making softwares through building computer codes and then compiling them to become programs~

Added on March 23, 2009, 8:07 pm
QUOTE(elhh82 @ Mar 23 2009, 08:01 AM)
I don't think it is a fair comment to say that just because a university has a high failure rate, therefore it is bad. For certain truly difficult subjects, it should not be unexpected to have failures.
u're right, it's not fair to say that high failure rates makes a university bad~ in my opinion, asking "why would high failure rate happen in the first place?" would be a better question~ thanks for your post and lets have a look. here are some possible opinions to why there are high failure rates :
- One of Utar's professor who is an associate dean mentioned that there are measures that ensure that failure rates as high as 50% would not happen (logic : there may be a thorough discussion prior to a policy and not just implementing)

I would be worried if nobody fails in a particular university. That would mean that the standards in that university is extremely poor, and any tom d*** and harry will graduate. In the long run, someone who has a degree from there would find it worthless as potential employees would shun it like the plague (ask around the industry and most hiring managers have a list of local unis to avoid for particular fields).
- who will be responsible when students fail? (logic : 1) the intake policy, 2) lecturers' final questions relating to what he/she has taught 3) the quality of the education from the aforementioned lecturer, 4) policies which does not have space for any adjustments in case of human error like the abolished W model, 5) the students' studies) even if it is the students who are at fault here, it wouldn't be as logic as the aforementioned logic 1 - 4, i wonder "which student doesn't want to pass?" by the way, do u know that if u get just a credit in science and maths, you can be admitted to MMu in the year I enrolled?

I think prior to abolishing the Bell Curve marking system, the quality in MMU has been in decline (have been hearing this often from my friends in industry) due to looser enrollment standards (bound to happen as we have far too many unis, and there are only so many top quality students, universities have to cari makan and will have to let in a quota every year) and poor quality control.
- quality of MMu declining before the abolishment of W model? any proof on this one? (logic : I've seen with my own eyes the past year question papers available from the library and I advice u to have a look as well)

I think seeing more failures in MMU is a positive development. It is not like you have only 1 chance to pass the subject. If you couldn't make it through the first time, retake the subject and work harder the next time around.
- pls be aware that there has been pre-requisites in all courses in MMu at this moment~ any failure of most of the subjects, i estimate 90% of the subjects, would mean that a student has to extend at least 1 year in order to graduate if he/she doesn't want to squeeze that particular subject into the already packed university schedule (logic : an estimated 95% of the subjects offered will only be offered in 1 specified semester and none other, if a person fails a subject, he/she has to wait 1 academic year in order to retake it) will the future students of MMu have to grad with 4 - 6years as opposed to other university students? we're here to learn, not only here to be forced to waste time and be graded~

Lecturer quality can of course still be improved, and i think it is being done with the new policy that is targeting full PhD. academic staff in the near future. The new administration is also taking complaints against lecturers seriously. I know of some who have been hauled up to the disciplinary board because of their poor class performance.
full PhD academic staff... I'll vote u as student representative, my friend~ but not as a president~ no pain no gain~ full PhD academic staff would burn a hole in every student's wallet, as well as having low efficiency for those PhD staffs because they are the only ones who can provide Masters~ if they are going to provide Masters, these students have to choose between part-time or full-time~ If part-time Masters pursuers are not allowed to be lecturers, the cost of maintaining the academic staff would be tremendous and then the square one question arises, why not let Masters qualified PhD pursuers be part-time lecturers to save cost? I guess that shed some light~

thanks for your questions, I think u helped a lot in clearing doubts~
TSchopper
post Mar 25 2009, 01:10 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Kal-el @ Mar 24 2009, 02:25 AM)

Cut short, MMU>UCSI
i mean bonds after i get the degree,10 years to work with either MMU or TM.wat do u think? er..how sure i will get?not vry sure,75 percent chance mayb smile.gif
i think my results is ok, i prefer scholarship than ptptn..
ya u're rite, mmu's better in some ways,but the another thng UCSI attracts me is that they have chemical,mechatronic,E&E eng. courses,which mmu don't have.
n u mentioned the facilites at UCSI are not good. u mean labs,library,lecture halls or all three?

Added on March 25, 2009, 1:21 amany UCSI or MMU engineering graduates??
wana hear ur job finding n working experience soooo much~~
thx

This post has been edited by chopper: Mar 25 2009, 01:21 AM
sexualpower
post Mar 25 2009, 09:40 AM

Regular
1,964 posts

QUOTE(hsienhsien @ Mar 23 2009, 04:42 PM)
depends on wat courses u wan, btw, mmu is really a good private U. almost all engineering course is approved by bem. ucsi just 2 electronice course accredited only if im not mistaken.
approved but who knows whether it will be disproved in the future? CPA of FBL has not received any news of the change in policy regarding the W model as of last month and this may jeopardize the accreditation~ I'm not sure about the engineering side though~ in my opinion, it is running the same risk
ALWK
post Apr 21 2009, 09:09 AM

22 posts

any proof?
QUOTE(antu007 @ Mar 24 2009, 12:32 AM)
Well .. i dont see this link as a PROOF .. well ok .. i TAKE BACK my statement.

http://blog.limkitsiang.com/2007/03/05/wr-...n-universities/

..erm.. actually i dont read lim kit siang blog.. just now when someone here ask for proof .. so i just google up and found this. THIS is not a proof from me.
Try this link, researchers' opinions are much more reliable than personal opinion^^

http://www.webometrics.info/rank_by_countr...hlight=malaysia
SUSSeLrAhC
post Apr 21 2009, 01:26 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
5,227 posts

QUOTE(ALWK @ Apr 21 2009, 09:09 AM)
Try this link, researchers' opinions are much more reliable than personal opinion^^

http://www.webometrics.info/rank_by_countr...hlight=malaysia
webometrics is totally wrong and we had discuss it so many times before.
ALWK
post Apr 21 2009, 06:52 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(SeLrAhC @ Apr 21 2009, 01:26 PM)
u said that it is wrong..based on ? merely based on u r monash U n sunway U supporter/student ? C'mon..accept the fact !!

This post has been edited by ALWK: Apr 21 2009, 06:52 PM
sweet-potato
post Apr 22 2009, 08:26 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

Come on... chill...
lets see the world university ranking
Click here

This post has been edited by gavinfernando: Apr 22 2009, 08:26 PM
ALWK
post Apr 22 2009, 09:19 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(gavinfernando @ Apr 22 2009, 08:26 PM)
Come on... chill...
Click here
Bro, i gave the link early than u, look above, by the way, MMU rawks !
sweet-potato
post Apr 22 2009, 09:30 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

QUOTE(ALWK @ Apr 22 2009, 09:19 PM)
Bro, i gave the link early than u, look above, by the way, MMU rawks !
ooh... paiseh... didnt see it. My bad. haha. icon_rolleyes.gif
Oakha
post Apr 22 2009, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

MMU pawn UCSI in all aspects including academic, lecturers, facilities, resources...

everything come with a price...
bond 10 years.... singapore only bond 4 years
10 years.... really too long

@@
i agreed with SeLrAhC
webo cannot be a "reliable" parameter to rank uni
u can try to search "webometrics" and look for oldthread...
sweet-potato
post Apr 22 2009, 09:53 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

haha... no comment
Kanasaikia
post Apr 22 2009, 10:57 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(sexualpower @ Mar 24 2009, 09:22 AM)
here are some factors that may play a role in decision making, from what I wrote in MMU thread
do u even see any MMU advertisement in The Star newspaper? i see none, this is how serious the admin of MMu has become~
I did saw quite a number of advertisments this few weeks including this week.

This post has been edited by Kanasaikia: Apr 22 2009, 11:02 PM
sweet-potato
post Apr 22 2009, 11:17 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

CLICK HERE to get latest news of MMU grads.

This post has been edited by gavinfernando: Apr 22 2009, 11:17 PM
ALWK
post Apr 23 2009, 10:12 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(Oakha @ Apr 22 2009, 09:42 PM)
MMU pawn UCSI in all aspects including academic, lecturers, facilities, resources...

everything come with a price...
bond 10 years.... singapore only bond 4 years
10 years.... really too long

@@
i agreed with SeLrAhC
webo cannot be a "reliable" parameter to rank uni
u can try to search "webometrics" and look for oldthread...
So what is the use of research if it does not reflect the facts ?
SUSkillingspree
post Apr 23 2009, 10:42 AM

Casual
456 posts

MMU really sucks!

Money Making University....

previously, subject with 3 credit hours only RM750 right now becoming RM950
for 4 credit hours it's becoming RM1050++...

Really f*** up!.... IT fees, Library fees even u never enter to library... Wut da f***!

Their motto "Pay fees first, then u can sit for exam" ..
really f*** up!

if TS got money issue, I strongly suggest, do not study in MMU... wink.gif

This post has been edited by killingspree: Apr 23 2009, 10:42 AM
sweet-potato
post Apr 23 2009, 12:09 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

QUOTE(killingspree @ Apr 23 2009, 10:42 AM)
MMU really sucks!

Really f*** up!.... IT fees, Library fees even u never enter to library... Wut da f***!

really f*** up!

Hmm, Im in degree for marketing and 3 credit hours for my subjects are RM786.00. And 2 credit hours is RM524.00

in terms of fees, you just need to pay 15% of the total amount in order to sit for the exam.

Thank you
SUSkillingspree
post Apr 23 2009, 03:34 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(gavinfernando @ Apr 23 2009, 12:09 PM)
Hmm, Im in degree for marketing and 3 credit hours for my subjects are RM786.00. And 2 credit hours is RM524.00

in terms of fees, you just need to pay 15% of the total amount in order to sit for the exam.

Thank you
oh sorry, i just give the tuition fees for acc.

are u sure it's not half....so lucky of u to get only 15%

sweet-potato
post Apr 23 2009, 05:09 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

QUOTE(killingspree @ Apr 23 2009, 03:34 PM)
oh sorry, i just give the tuition fees for acc.

are u sure it's not half....so lucky of u to get only 15%
no, let me share with u how the system works.

It is divided into 3 levels.

Level 1 - Able to sit for the exam
Level 2 - View results
Level 3 - Course registration

Each level is 15%. If you total up, will need to pay 45%. But is unnessesary. People who got apply PTPTN, sometimes the money might be late. So, they just need to pay 15% first. Later when PTPTN bank in the money, then only need to pay the remaining money... smile.gif
Oakha
post Apr 23 2009, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(ALWK @ Apr 23 2009, 10:12 AM)
So what is the use of research if it does not reflect the facts ?
kopitiam got so many polls...
does it reflect the fact???
sexualpower
post Apr 23 2009, 10:13 PM

Regular
1,964 posts

QUOTE(SeLrAhC @ Apr 21 2009, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE(gavinfernando @ Apr 22 2009, 08:26 PM)
Come on... chill...
Click here
the website is hosting wrong info, just compare the size of UTM and MMU and u'll see the illogical numbers on them~

QUOTE(Kanasaikia @ Apr 22 2009, 10:57 PM)
I did saw quite a number of advertisments this few weeks including this week.
to be exact, it started on 2nd Apr from what i see in TheStar, after missing the Education special section on 26th Mar

MMU really sucks!

really f*** up!

agreed, i advice IPTA if money is a major concern
SUSkillingspree
post Apr 24 2009, 09:26 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(gavinfernando @ Apr 23 2009, 05:09 PM)
no, let me share with u how the system works.

It is divided into 3 levels.

Level 1 - Able to sit for the exam
Level 2 - View results
Level 3 - Course registration

Each level is 15%. If you total up, will need to pay 45%. But is unnessesary. People who got apply PTPTN, sometimes the money might be late. So, they just need to pay 15% first. Later when PTPTN bank in the money, then only need to pay the remaining money...  smile.gif
oo really... why in the world they ask me to pay 30%.... Ive been cheated.... damn... wink.gif

wanna refund ASAP........ doh.gif
ALWK
post Apr 24 2009, 12:56 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Oakha @ Apr 23 2009, 10:10 PM)
kopitiam got so many polls...
does it reflect the fact???
so ppl in kopitiam is a big time researchers ?

Added on April 24, 2009, 1:00 pm
MMU really sucks!

really f*** up!

can u tell me which private U or college is not making money n being a welfare centre F.O.C in everything ?

mind ur words

This post has been edited by ALWK: Apr 24 2009, 01:01 PM
sweet-potato
post Apr 25 2009, 04:40 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

QUOTE(killingspree @ Apr 24 2009, 09:26 AM)
oo really... why in the world they ask me to pay 30%.... Ive been cheated.... damn... wink.gif

wanna refund ASAP........ doh.gif
haha, but I don't think you can refund... but, now you know, then next time u know wad ti do.. hehe..
EvanSoon
post Apr 25 2009, 09:07 PM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

Don't pay tuition fees! let the lecturer go hungry!
I think that MMU lecturers are not that great.. they are in fact kind of crazy..
some are nice and good but there are some who purposely make things difficult for the students and tries real hard to pull down the student's marks just for the sake of it and maybe cos the students is not a student he/she likes.. they don't screen on how they teach or mark.. students making complains are not taken into action.. they are always helping their own ppl!

by the way.. for my 3 credit hour sub i need to pay 1k++.. and i'm taking a subject called Medical IT which has great future but i'm being a guinea pig for MMU..

but every uni have their own problem.. MMU is not bad already.. just give and take lo.. no choice.. haiz~ "MAXXX" SIA SUCKS!

sweet-potato
post Apr 26 2009, 01:31 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

QUOTE(EvanSoon @ Apr 25 2009, 09:07 PM)
Don't pay tuition fees! let the lecturer go hungry!
I think that MMU lecturers are not that great.. they are in fact kind of crazy..
some are nice and good but there are some who purposely make things difficult for the students and tries real hard to pull down the student's marks just for the sake of it and maybe cos the students is not a student he/she likes.. they don't screen on how they teach or mark.. students making complains are not taken into action.. they are always helping their own ppl!

by the way.. for my 3 credit hour sub i need to pay 1k++.. and i'm taking a subject called Medical IT which has great future but i'm being a guinea pig for MMU..

but every uni have their own problem.. MMU is not bad already.. just give and take lo.. no choice.. haiz~ "MAXXX" SIA SUCKS!
Evan Soon San Onn dun sampat here larr please!! thanks blush.gif

from GCF&HHW tongue.gif
EvanSoon
post Apr 26 2009, 02:28 PM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

please la! don't spell my name wrongly!
gavin u only like MMU cos of hui wen!
if not u also will hate MMU!
sweet-potato
post Apr 26 2009, 06:11 PM

I get what I want!
907 posts

QUOTE(EvanSoon @ Apr 26 2009, 02:28 PM)
please la! don't spell my name wrongly!
gavin u only like MMU cos of hui wen!
if not u also will hate MMU!
not I type de.. its hui wen who type.
U can go boom her... haha..
u still owe her the bday gift tongue.gif

(to moderator: sorry, off topic notworthy.gif )
Alexdino
post Apr 26 2009, 07:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,000 posts

some are nice and good but there are some who purposely make things difficult for the students and tries real hard to pull down the student's marks just for the sake of it and maybe cos the students is not a student he/she likes..
they don't screen on how they teach or mark.. students making complains are not taken into action.. they are always helping their own ppl!
That is why now education sector is promoting OBE. with this lecturer are required to assess any report/assignment using an assessment rubric.

OBE are based on stakeholders which are students/alumni feeback and industry requirement, where students complains will be documented.
gilbert
post Apr 27 2009, 06:46 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

I think this should not be the main concern when come to selection of universities. No doubt there are these kind of lecturers everwhere in the world. It is up to you to build up the rapport with the lecturer ... when I said build the rapport, it doesn't mean carry the ball... it is merely means mutual respect each other. If your answer is good, I don't see anywhere can the lecturer purposely pull your marks to fail you. There is also appeal opportunities for you to remark your exam papers if you are marginally failed.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:14 PM