Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies My Fair Lady | remake of the musical My Fair Lady, Slumdog director Boyle to direct remake?

views

TSCalvin871989
post Mar 5 2009, 08:10 PM, updated 16y ago

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/03/danny-boyle-to.html

Danny Boyle to direct 'My Fair Lady' musical update?

user posted image

The false rumor that Slumdog Millionaire's Danny Boyle would direct the next James Bond movie dominated the news cycle today, but the Academy Award winner is the talk of the town for another high-profile gig. It may sound far-fetched, but numerous sources tell EW that Boyle is talking to Sony Pictures about helming the studio's remake of the musical My Fair Lady, which already has a screenplay by actor-writer Emma Thompson. In fact, one source says that Boyle's interest in Lady has prevented him from working on the teen-assassin project Hanna, from screenwriter Seth Lockheed, which Boyle has been developing for a while. Both Sony and Boyle's reps declined comment.

Whether he would actually do My Fair Lady or not is another matter, but Boyle has never been one to follow the rules. His indie edge might be just the jolt the staid Eliza Doolittle could use. You never know, the results could be loverly....

Cheesenium
post Mar 5 2009, 09:53 PM

Vigilo Confido
4,852 posts

Noooooo...
oucheev
post Mar 5 2009, 09:55 PM

Casual
433 posts

Common man! What's next Sound of Music Remake!

Do a deer a female deer.
fa_aiz
post Mar 6 2009, 01:07 AM

49 posts

i have watch my fair lady..do not ruin the sweetness..remake only make romanticness fade away
ccm123
post Mar 9 2009, 12:42 PM

On my way
579 posts

Well why not? Who knows the modern version could have been better off?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:39 AM