Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What is salary package after completing MBA course

views

shadow111
post Jan 4 2009, 10:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

if not mistaken, my current company pay additional RM300 if you have MBA...
shadow111
post Jan 4 2009, 11:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(kaiserwulf @ Jan 4 2009, 10:47 PM)
Extra 300 per month for the RM 120,000 course (assuming an Aussie MBA- not even talking UK). Anyone care to calculate the breakeven point? Before or after retirement?
In Malaysia, an MBA is equal no matter you take it from oversea or locally.
A very good example you can see is degree.. Does oversea degree grad get a better pay compare to local degree grad here?
Most probably they are getting the same pay or slightly better (maybe a few hundred if lucky).

Even if you have a degree or MBA or even phd from oversea won't matter much here..

Added on January 4, 2009, 11:56 pm
QUOTE(thechetticompany @ Jan 4 2009, 11:29 PM)
That's why it's foolish to spend that much on studies hoping to get the same in return.

Not in Malaysia and wrong timing.

By the way for an MBA any tom d$ck and harry can get it with money.

and in Malaysia many employers who are locally educated will think that your degree is on par as theirs.So be prepared.You won't get the upper hand.They'll think that graduating from local U will be a feat because people say local U are hard to get in which is wrong concept because they don't have any idea that the quality of education for local standards are sub par.

If you've got an foreign MBA, why not try your luck overseas?
NOT IN Malaysia.

I work in a MNC and my boss who's local graduate use to tell me how great his degree was because local Unis are hard to get in.That is in "Malaysia".My foreign boss who's based in HQ don't see it that way duh.

Lesson? Malaysia sucks and jealous lots do not appreciate you.They see you as a contender and the only way you unsurp them is by going global.
i do agree that oversea education is much better compare to malaysia.. but the fact remains that degree/MBA/etc is just a paper certification..
it may be the jumpstart of your career, but nothin more than that.. Most of the time, what you learn in U is not the same in working life..

This post has been edited by shadow111: Jan 4 2009, 11:56 PM
shadow111
post Jan 5 2009, 06:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(thechetticompany @ Jan 5 2009, 12:07 AM)
Perhaps this is one of the big causes of brain drain?
That's why I have friends graduated overseas come back Malaysia rather get posted to countries like Thailand and Singapore to work in MNCs.There they are more appreciated and paid accordingly to their qualifications.

Over here our gahmen insists that certain percentage of staffs in MNCs must be of local grads, those people who work there think that they are no difference than you and summore think they should be getting better pay.

The local grads can't demand this when they are applying for jobs in Singapore, HK elsewhere but the opposite(sell themselves lower) because their local degrees are not recognised there instead.
what you say is true.. tht's why many professional prefer to work oversea rather than working back here...
i do have few frens who study in Australia and get the PR there..
shadow111
post Jan 5 2009, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(Koo_Hei @ Jan 5 2009, 12:02 PM)
Any MBA holders that earns less than 12k per month should consider for another job immediately. I believe they do study about it before back in the University, paying a large sum of money for education fee to a low income pay is definitely a no-no deal.
LOL.. i dun think u can get 12k pay per month even if u have phd... it's too exaggerating to demand 12k even if u have an MBA from oversea...

shadow111
post Jan 5 2009, 10:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(Txi @ Jan 5 2009, 08:35 PM)
you'll be surprised there are a few and they are earning big
r u one of them? drool.gif
if those from harvard, i guess they can demand such high pay..
but if juz a MBA from normal oversea Uni, i dun think u can demand such pay..
shadow111
post Jan 6 2009, 10:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(Koo_Hei @ Jan 6 2009, 10:03 AM)
Well I don't know about you. She is not from Harvard but holds MBA. Currently earning 13k the last I heard. Even a fresh grad from oversea who doesn't have MBA starts with 4k salary. I don't know why you guys haven't heard or seen any of it before.

Of course there is underpay fresh grad out there. Everyone has a different path.
I have been working in few MNC company before, but never heard that fresh oversea grad getting 4k salary here.. blush.gif
can you share with us which company paying so high? thanks.
shadow111
post Jan 9 2009, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(SPS @ Jan 9 2009, 08:34 AM)
Which is why I get irritated with the morons in the Jobs & Careers section who continually cite examples of lowly educated folks who earn big bucks or those who do so at a very young age and actually EXPECT this to be achievable by any ali, ah kow and ramasamy in Malaysia.

The meaning of the word EXCEPTION is alien to such retards.
everyone in malaysia will become rich ppl as they will be earning 20-30k a month.. LOL.

i have an uncle who used to be poor last time and didn't study till very high so he only work as a kuli..
but then, due to his hard work, he manage to open up his own hardware store.. now, he hv few hardware shop around malaysia and already retired and taken over by his son..

without education and with hardwork, one can be successful in their life.. but then, how many ppl can achieve this? even if you hard hardworking, it doesn't means you can be successful, etc..
even if you do sales.. you think all the salesman can earn so much?

Really agree with SPS that many ppl dun understand the word EXCEPTION.. wink.gif
shadow111
post Jan 9 2009, 08:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(Xanny @ Jan 9 2009, 08:48 AM)
i think there's a different between a MBA holder and non MBA kwa....i have a fren that got his degree then terus do MBA, after that got a job at RM3k (first job upon graduation)...
depends.. but many MNC company will pay a bit higher for those with master degree...
my ex-company pay RM300 extra if you have master...
shadow111
post Jan 9 2009, 01:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(keelim @ Jan 9 2009, 12:56 PM)
C'mon stop bashing the MBA holders. They deserve some credit on their continuing quest of seeking knowledge. From my perspective, one should accumulate a certain amount of experience before opting for MBA. Without exposure to the Rat Race in the competitive globalization, one wouldnt appreciate the value of an MBA, so do their employers.

On a side note, the EXTRAORDINARY cases where ali, ah kow or ramasamy becoming a millionaire without knowledge is applicable N years ago where N approaches 50. Those days, you must have connection, oppurtunity and luck (still applicable now) to reach the golden platform. In this centuary, to become a successful entrepreneur you need to be leveraged. Thus you need loans from Banks. Needless to say, Banks will agree to borrow when they are confident in your level of management which education proves helpful,  Initialliy.

All in all, lets rest the case that EXCEPTION do exist because it is almost subjective to the core. But one thing for sure, statistics will show the odds of failing is greater than succeeding. Rest assure, education is profound key to success smile.gif.
Strongly agree with you on this.. thumb up for u.. thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0227sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 PM