Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What is salary package after completing MBA course

views

deodorant
post Jan 4 2009, 07:43 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

Most local companies pay only for the position, and not the qualification. Even with MNCs in Malaysia you will rarely get the huge post-MBA increments that Americans and Europeans get.
deodorant
post Jan 5 2009, 12:58 AM

5,691 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Jan 4 2009, 10:23 PM)
Most full time MBA graduates from the top schools are recruited straight after graduation so they're not getting a pay increase from the same company.

I'm going on the assumption that TS isn't graduating from Harvard or Insead or MBS tongue.gif

But in any case I still stand by my statement that even if you do have an MBA, most Malaysian companies won't specifically give you a higher pay scale/range just because of it. The first company I worked for had MBA people doing officer-level stuff at rm2k+ per month.
deodorant
post Jan 5 2009, 08:25 PM

5,691 posts

QUOTE(Txi @ Jan 5 2009, 07:35 PM)
MBS harvard can't demand 12k ? i don't think so , they would be barking at your door.
Anyone who graduates from Harvard and comes back to Malaysia to work is an idiot and deserves the low pay that Malaysian companies give biggrin.gif
deodorant
post Jan 6 2009, 11:33 AM

5,691 posts

QUOTE(Txi @ Jan 5 2009, 08:35 PM)
you'll be surprised there are a few and they are earning big
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a Harvard MBA graduate will earn significantly higher than the average MBA/non-MBA person here. But I still maintain that they are idiots for coming back to M'sia for a variety of non-monetary reasons.

Unless it's for things like, family, etc, then it's a different story.
deodorant
post Aug 7 2009, 01:58 PM

5,691 posts

Firstly, congrats on the 6month old thread necro. Secondly, how are you claiming that your "MBA has helped you in many ways," when you aren't actually due to finish it for another half a year?

If you're talking about applying the concepts to your work, well, you could probably just read the 12-hour MBA Program and achieve the same thing tongue.gif

Anyway MBA's are only as useful as the person holding them. I've had a colleague with an MBA from UPM (supposedly one of Msia's higher ranked business schools), and she was pretty rubbish in her job.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:38 PM