Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Life Sciences [List] Private Medical Universities in Malaysia, *MD / MBBS / MBBChBAO (Update-17/11/14)*

views

SUSedge85
post Jan 4 2009, 07:23 AM

hepi hepi goyang bersama
1,299 posts

QUOTE(CyberSetan @ Dec 29 2008, 11:17 PM)
The problem that currently hinders MSU from starting a medical school in Malaysia is the absence of a training hospital (particularly in Shah Alam and its surrounding area) and the difficulty in obtaining medical experts. In order to overcome these problems, MSU has instead set up its medical school in India itself. Thus, the problem of medical experts unwilling to relocate to Malaysia to teach has been solved.

The medical college and hospital in which MSU is currently collaborating with agrees to supply the training hospital and medical experts simply because it benefits them (monetarily). By doing so, MSU gains the benefit of having the place, resources and man power to start a medical school even though its 100% abroad.
Could have built the campus elsewhere right? Somewhere with a teaching hospital...

"difficulty in obtaining medical experts" rises because of unwillingness of paying a higher salary to attract them...that's the only reason i can think of right now...

despite your explanation, i still find it strange...a LOCAL university to send malaysians to india, and let indian nationals teach them medicine, for the purpose of treating malaysian patients....i'm sure local doctors are more well versed with our local diseases and demographics....but then, you may argue with the fact that we do send students to UK and Australia....hmmmm =/
SUSedge85
post Feb 23 2009, 05:02 PM

hepi hepi goyang bersama
1,299 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Feb 23 2009, 09:19 AM)
like said, it has become a numbers game.......

no, if you graduate from a scheduled (ie recognised under section 13/2 of the medical act), you are registrable.......and that list contains a lot of doggy unis........

to make matters worse, a backdoor exist.....if you graduate from unscheduled uni ie not recognised (section 13/3), you can sit for an exam, pitched at 4th year level, and if you pass, get registered......many cannot pass after multiple attempts (allowed 3), and the gov has now 'absorbed' them into ipta medical schools, for 'retraining'.......
why does the gov wants to absorb the bad students into ipta med schools back? compassion? shouldn't they just ditch them or encourage them find another carreer? i never knew there was such thing...no wonder there are agents in msia sending students to romania, czech republic etc....
SUSedge85
post Oct 30 2014, 01:31 AM

hepi hepi goyang bersama
1,299 posts

QUOTE(CyberSetan @ Oct 26 2014, 10:43 AM)
Indeed I do need to revise the entire 1st page.
I'll do it once i have more time.

user posted image
word has it, even the JPA students have to drop out of AUCMS and pursue whatever course elsewhere.

this is so sad.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0328sec    0.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:50 PM