Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Accenture Malaysia, For those who applied/ currently working

views

TSszeki
post Nov 19 2008, 06:10 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
136 posts

Hi All,

I just sent an application yesterday regarding the internship position. How long do they need to assess my application? In other words, how long am i suppose to wait for a reply?

Do they call you or email you? What if i fail? Do they contact me telling me i have failed?

Thanks
wodenus
post Nov 19 2008, 06:15 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

If you fail they don't call you. It should take about a month.

SUSf4tE
post Nov 19 2008, 06:16 PM

Regular
1,605 posts

Y so many ppl internship this time?? Cannot say how long 1..if 1 fast answer call them up give them suprise..they might see your enthusiasm and start looking into your cv..
wodenus
post Nov 19 2008, 06:29 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

Oh hi Cookie.. I think generally if you call your chances are lower smile.gif

TSszeki
post Nov 19 2008, 06:35 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(f4tE @ Nov 19 2008, 06:16 PM)
Y so many ppl internship this time?? Cannot say how long 1..if 1 fast answer call them up give them suprise..they might see your enthusiasm and start looking into your cv..
U sure call them? I just sent yesterday.

1 month is too long la..
SUSf4tE
post Nov 19 2008, 06:37 PM

Regular
1,605 posts

hi wodenus.. Why do u say call them chances lower?? U call themu dont waste your time and you get reply... on their side, they have many applications and if u call them they might look it up... please back up your opinion with some intelligent reasoning..
szeki>If u just sent yesterday then maybe u try waiting 1 week first la.. cuz if just sent then call will be weird..hehe
wodenus
post Nov 19 2008, 06:41 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(f4tE @ Nov 19 2008, 06:37 PM)
hi wodenus.. Why do u say call them chances lower?? U call themu dont waste your time and you get reply... on their side, they have many applications and if u call them they might look it up... please back up your opinion with some intelligent reasoning..
szeki>If u just sent yesterday then maybe u try waiting 1 week first la.. cuz if just sent then call will be weird..hehe
Well mainly because you sound desperate. If you don't get called in a month, you didn't get it. If you call them you just waste their time. If they are really interested they will call you.

SUSf4tE
post Nov 19 2008, 06:45 PM

Regular
1,605 posts

desperate.. maybe... but if u didnt get it then they dont call u and u dont call them, u r the one on the losing side for being unsure what their decision is.. u call them then they tell u they not interested then u move on with your life dont have to worry about them anymore... if they r interested and u call them, they will have better impression that u are keen on this job...and its not like i ask him to call the company every hour or every day..one phone call doesnt make u desperate
wodenus
post Nov 19 2008, 06:46 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(f4tE @ Nov 19 2008, 06:45 PM)
desperate.. maybe... but if u didnt get it then they dont call u and u dont call them, u r the one on the losing side for being unsure what their decision is.. u call them then they tell u they not interested then u move on with your life dont have to worry about them anymore... if they r interested and u call them, they will have better impression that u are keen on this job...and its not like i ask him to call the company every hour or every day..one phone call doesnt make u desperate
Maybe but you still waste their time, which is not a good thing tongue.gif

TSszeki
post Nov 19 2008, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

ANyone else working at accenture/ currently applying?
Polar
post Nov 19 2008, 09:38 PM

43 posts

I agree that you should call. I had a friend wanting to join KPMG, they didn't call so she called instead, and they offered her an interview smile.gif So just call if they don't call you, you've got nothing to lose, and like f4tE said, it makes you seem more interested.
HanYH
post Nov 19 2008, 09:45 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

It shows that you are taking initiative too! For now, you probably want to call up just to find out how long it usually takes for them to get back to the applicants.
Doppelgriff
post Mar 4 2009, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(szeki @ Nov 19 2008, 09:25 PM)
ANyone else working at accenture/ currently applying?
Did you get in Szeki?
Raymond_ACCA
post Mar 5 2009, 05:36 PM

Enthusiast
826 posts

Sometimes its good to call to know ur application progress.
flipacoin2k
post Mar 5 2009, 06:00 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Do not put all your eggs of hope into one bucket. They might not offer a lot of position for internship.

Try to spend the efforts on seeking and applying more companies, broaden up your chances. During time like this it wont be easy to get an internship.
ace.princess
post Mar 6 2009, 02:12 AM

Enthusiast
713 posts

Should be okay to call what. Better still, they'll think you're keen and taking initiative to pursue them. Call also a few minutes only mar, won't annoy them. After all, it's their job.
philynn
post Mar 12 2010, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

TS what happened to your intenrship?
SUScastelloz
post Mar 12 2010, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

If they want u, they will call u right away after u submitted ur application form.
Right away means same day or 1,2 days after u submitted.
But normally within 1 week lar.
And I hate talking to the Accenture helpdesk girls. To be exact the indian girls!!!! Give false information about interview time and venue and very rude!

p/s: Im not racist, if other races did the same thing i will mention it here too.

Xerone
post Dec 24 2010, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

I have just been told they want to hire me! =D Management consulting analyst! Hope I get to have interesting projects with some traveling! And yes, the commensuration package is good haha. Now I just need to wait until they send me the physical contract to sign. Can't wait! =)
kianfatt1982
post Jan 31 2011, 04:26 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Xerone @ Dec 24 2010, 11:18 AM)
I have just been told they want to hire me! =D Management consulting analyst! Hope I get to have interesting projects with some traveling! And yes, the commensuration package is good haha. Now I just need to wait until they send me the physical contract to sign. Can't wait! =)
What does management consulting do ?

33 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0227sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:46 AM