Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Online trading with i*Trade@CIMB, Trading using i*Trade@CIMB? join here.

views

yok70
post Dec 25 2011, 06:12 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

Glad to see this thread!! thumbup.gif

Questions:

1. Can we trade ETF (ie. GLD the tracking gold price ETF)?

2. Can we trade warrants?

3. I understand we cannot short even for US/HK market. Is there other way to do the similar thing (to make profit while market down)? Such as put warrants in Bursa (but, we all know it's not practical since volume is too low).

4. "Filter" menu option only got choices when selected Bursa. We can't filter anything with foreign market. This is a big let down.

5. How to add PE into stock table column? How to even view PE and EPS/DPS on any stock? I'm surprise that I couldn't find it!

Thanks!! notworthy.gif

yok70
post Dec 27 2011, 04:14 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(gark @ Dec 26 2011, 10:02 AM)
1. Theoretically you can buy SPDR GLD ETF via SGX or NYSE....or other similar gold etf
2. Can buy put and call option via NYSE... or ordinary warrants via SGX or HKSE...
3. You can short the market via Bear ETF, some of them are leveraged 3x and will earn money if market down. List here.

Play at your own risk hah.. personally haven't tried any of the above before  wink.gif
in itrade, i am able to find SPDR Gold ETF in SGX, as well as many other ETF listed in SGX website.

However, on itrade's NYSE/AMEX, I am no longer lucky. I can't find any ETF. Cannot find GLD, SPY...nothing. And all those Bear ETFs in the list you gave also missing. Is this the limitation of itrade? Or am i doing something wrong?
As for put/call option, can you please give me one or two example of the stock code that are able to be found with itrade platform?

Thanks!! notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by yok70: Dec 27 2011, 05:54 AM
yok70
post Dec 27 2011, 01:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(gark @ Dec 27 2011, 10:55 AM)
ETF trades just like shares.. so it should be listed, but sometimes the names is shorten/mixed so it is difficult to find. Use google to get the stock code.

For example...the ETF is listed as = SPDR Gold Trust (ETF)  (NYSE Code : GLD)

For the put and call option. I am not so sure. Maybe you can ask your remisier...?
Are you using itrade? Can your system display GLD in NYSE exhange? My system cannot. unsure.gif
The SGX exchange can display ETFs listed in Singapore, but none could be found in NYSE.

Thanks! notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by yok70: Dec 27 2011, 01:09 PM
yok70
post Dec 29 2011, 04:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(Remng @ Dec 28 2011, 12:30 PM)
Just go to Exchange select NYSE and you can trade anything that's listed there, likewise you can "switch" to other market like Singapore, HK, Nasdaq etc. the service is free
gark was asking, can NYSE in itrade trades ETFs?
since we found out that NYSE in itrade might not be complete. Although NYSE Acra belongs to NYSE, but itrade seems not inclusive of this Acra.
i did a search on GLD (gold ETF), and nothing came out.
unsure.gif

This post has been edited by yok70: Dec 29 2011, 04:05 AM
yok70
post Dec 30 2011, 10:08 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(DARKSIDE @ Dec 30 2011, 04:46 AM)
hi all, why are they only 50++ stocks (mostly active stock on that day) on my screen even after i've reset the filter and and select "All"? i remember that i used to see more than 50++ stocks on the main screen at a time without having to search for a particular stock via the search function? is there anything wrong with my account?
Same here. I'm quite confused with the system. It seems something is wrong. yawn.gif
yok70
post Jan 4 2012, 02:23 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

does itrade email us contract by the day we made transaction?
yok70
post Feb 20 2012, 02:31 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

I just saw my friend's itrade platform (Portfolio screen) showing average purchase price of 0 on her stock bought through applying for IPO. How to solve this?
yok70
post Mar 6 2012, 09:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(noswear @ Mar 6 2012, 10:41 AM)
just wan to ask...

if i withdraw money out from the ITrade trust account via filling up the withdrawal form...

is there any charges ie TT Charges if i ask for the money to wire back to my saving account in CIMB instead of other bank?
Where to get the withdrawal form? Can fill up online? Or must go cimb bank to fill up the form?
thanks!! notworthy.gif
yok70
post Mar 7 2012, 02:19 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

thanks for the answers! notworthy.gif
yok70
post Mar 18 2013, 09:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

Until today (how long already? about 1 year??), CIMB still haven't resolved their java version issue?? I still need to click on the "bypass proxy" in order to run the platform! The new java version has already been there for....about 1 year?? And they still sleeping?? And their new look platform, after months now, still not stable. How to trade like this?? And they are the biggest investment bank in Malaysia?? Malaysia memang boleh!! yawn.gif
yok70
post Mar 20 2013, 08:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

Totally unstable. Especially for those who trade both local and overseas stocks, the new mode very unstable. And sometimes it won't allow to trade overseas stocks too.

This unstable system has been there for...1 year? or even longer? I can't remember anymore.

One word: N2N sucks big time! And CIMB being willing to tolerate their super weak technical team to continue serving them, is unbelievable! CIMB is willing to let N2N to spoil their reputation as one of the largest regional IB. Malaysia memang boleh. Must had makan huge under table money therefore cannot fire them.

yawn.gif

yok70
post Apr 25 2013, 08:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(StupidGuyPlayComp @ Apr 9 2013, 08:42 AM)
Itrade unstable these 2 days, keep dc.

why disable the "new version", and roll back to "old version"?
iTrade has been unstable since I opened account 1 year+ ago.
And CIMB is the biggest IB in Malaysia? Malaysia memang boleh. cool2.gif
yok70
post May 31 2013, 03:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

can anyone run itrade now?
i can!
damn! so often got system problem.
i seriously think to port all my stocks to other trading account. cimb just hopeless! mad.gif
yok70
post Jun 1 2013, 12:23 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(gark @ May 31 2013, 05:01 PM)
I second that... laugh.gif

Those that charge 0.1% brokerage looks so yummy... if CIMB no improvement (other than banking convenience).. can consider to change.  brows.gif

Especially seems like CIMB don't care about our trading needs.. although we ikan bilis.  sad.gif
ya. I emailed my remiser today and she replied me saying she can't do anything also since she forwarded customers complaint and they don't care. doh.gif
any good IB to recommend for buying US/HK stocks? How about OSK? I see many complains on Maybank and Hong Leong too. shakehead.gif

yok70
post Jun 3 2013, 05:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(Remng @ Jun 3 2013, 03:17 PM)
what's the point?
The point is, they should care about their clients at the beginning, not afterwards when facing "obvious" problem.
I agree that iTrade has been down many many many times during hot market, which is the time I want to trade. That's very annoying. We don't trade always by queuing at midnight, don't we?
And it's not about using what browser. In fact, I've been using Google Chrome on iTrade always. The new platform is fast and responsive, I love it much more than the old platform. But the issue is not this. The issue is, many many many times (I keep repeating this for more than a year now, scolding the wrong person, my remisor), we see iTrade totally not working while we want to trade, especially when market is hot.
My question to CIMB is, how long do they need to solve technical problem? 2 years? This is too much, and very much unacceptable. And there is no apologize at all. Nothing. Even the remisor, she didn't responsible enough. Unlike the very responsible Jupiter remisor. Sometimes, Jupiter also got technical problem, but the remisor is very helpful. He'll communicate with me for one whole day to solve the mistake, and he'll apologize when it's their fault. And sometimes it's my fault, he also being very kind to assist me. This is what customer care/service is all about. Therefore, all my local trading are with Jupiter as I've sold all local shares in my iTrade, only left foreign shares there. And even that, I'm start considering to sold them all and port to other IBs if I found a good one. Some recommend OSK now. I'll see what happen in 1 or 2 months from now. If still like that, can say bye bye to iTrade, I'm out. cool2.gif

This post has been edited by yok70: Jun 3 2013, 05:23 PM
yok70
post Jun 4 2013, 02:01 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

Again!
Now is 4-June-2013, 1:59 am.
The by proxy link at the top is gone again! Without that link, the old platform showing and it's totally not working for any trading.
Just 5 mins ago, the proxy link was there, and by clicking that link, it works fine.
So how? Can I trade US market now? NO!!
And THIS IS ITRADE.
yawn.gif

update:
now is 2:03 am, and the proxy link show up again. Click on it, can trade now.
within some minutes, system changes.
I believe 10 minutes later, the link may disappear again!
THIS IS iTrade.
Good luck using it.
yawn.gif

This post has been edited by yok70: Jun 4 2013, 02:05 AM
yok70
post Jun 10 2013, 10:20 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(Remng @ Jun 4 2013, 12:51 PM)
https://secure6.itradecimb.com.my/gcCIMBOB/...t=1370321319484

If the link do not show secure8 that link to the new trading platform you can change it. ie change the "6" above to "8" then delete the "OB" at the /gcCIMBOB/

hopefully it is better after running the new trading hall.
it helps. thanks.
i wish the "6" disappeared forever if that doesn't work at all. nod.gif

yok70
post Jun 20 2013, 04:15 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

Does anyone know how iTrade charge for multiple buys on the same stock on the same day?

ie:
within 1 day itself, bought maybank 3 times with 1 lot at 10.10, 1 lot at 10.20, 1 lot at 10.30

1. Does the charging same as if I bought 3 lots at 10.20 in one shot?
2. Does it apply to international market too? Say US or HK market?

Thank you! notworthy.gif

yok70
post Jun 20 2013, 02:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(john123x @ Jun 20 2013, 07:49 AM)
1. same day multiple buy, brokerage charge is the same
Thanks! notworthy.gif

Now waiting for others to answer the question #2. (Does this apply to foreign market too?) notworthy.gif

yok70
post Jun 21 2013, 05:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,695 posts

QUOTE(Remng @ Jun 21 2013, 01:37 PM)
for foreign shares there will be no consolidation, count as each contract for each order
wow! lucky i didn't play it like how i play in local stocks. otherwise fees will kill me. sweat.gif
thanks for the answer. nod.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0505sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:50 PM