Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 007 @ James Bond: Movies Discussion Thread, Bond 25: No Time To Die (Movies)

views

kochin
post Dec 5 2019, 05:01 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,182 posts

is it me or just 007 movies lacks action.
kochin
post Dec 6 2019, 09:30 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,182 posts

QUOTE(ThalaFan @ Dec 5 2019, 05:39 PM)
Depends on which 007 film you're referring. The World is Not Enough is packed with action from start till end. The boat sequence alone worth the ticket price lol 🀣 skyfall on the other handπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This film seems like it'll have relatively decent amount of action. Though I always believed action should only assist plot of an action-oriented film, not merely takin place for the sake of makin audiences go nuts or awe with cgi, vfx special effects whatnot
to be specific, ever since daniel craig took over as bond. the action seems so bland.
i was excited when dave bautista joined as a villain but meh, not much fight.

when talking about spy series, like jason bourne, MI series, Jack Ryan, etc.
all the other spy series always seems to have more action scenes than the recent Bond series imho
kochin
post Nov 27 2021, 12:17 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,182 posts

after repeated waiting, finally able to watch DC final outing as JB.

prior to watching this, was on a movie marathon for all DC's JB from CR right up until Spectre.

the first act, scenery, cinematography and action is gripping! i thought if this is what it's going the first act, can't wait to have the 2nd and 3rd act. but boy oh boy, looks like the 1st act was the best.

imho, the whole DC's JB is like a mini saga on it's own. CR introduced us DC's JB origin. how he got his 1st kill. NTTD provided us an infinite closure to DC's JB. and it's proper closure and not just provide some lazy loose ends.

but the problem to me is, JB is JB. people associate JB as an icon. they don't necessary need an intro nor a conclusion to his story. they just want to go on one of his many missions.

what DC's JB did was they concentrated on grounding JB to a more believable spy. credit to that. but they also told their own version of JB from start until finish with DC. with NTTD, it's no longer a continuation of JB. in a way, it's like CR reintroduced JB when DC took the role.

so for JB26, are we suppose to get a new intro all over again? how many times do we need a re-intro? how many of us are sick of watching uncle ben dies with each new spiderman actor. lol.

i prefer MI series where we just jump straight in into another mission rather than concentrating on tying up several movies into a mini universe of its own.

as i mentioned, this NTTD serves as an infinite and proper closure for DC's JB. it ties up everything from CR.

i recommend rewatching all DC's JB from CR onwards until Spectre before watching this. it gives a proper send off to this character.

overall it's not a bad movie but it doesn't work for me.
wasted sami's talent. his motives doesn't work for me.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0368sec    0.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th January 2022 - 06:18 PM