Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

if signed already reject the offer,how?, any law can sue me?

views

TS2ndAccount
post Oct 29 2008, 06:34 PM, updated 16y ago

18 posts

Just would like to know,if signed the offer letter already,but not yet start working,then go n inform them i dun wan the job,will get sue not?
WaCKy-Angel
post Oct 29 2008, 06:40 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

Yes they can sue u if they want, but normally they wont coz it will be wasting alot of time for them..
They will rather find another person to take the position.
TS2ndAccount
post Oct 29 2008, 06:45 PM

18 posts

wor...is like tat..ok..thanks
btfan
post Oct 29 2008, 06:59 PM

Lowyat.NET #1 Fan
1,289 posts

I know guys who signed the letter, came in for a few days and then disappear after that without even a note to the HR.
wodenus
post Oct 29 2008, 07:15 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

At least have the decency to give 24 hours notice.
stanley_85
post Oct 29 2008, 07:26 PM

Testing
1,050 posts

but they will record your name, so you cant join the company next time..
Lestat
post Oct 29 2008, 09:50 PM

Casual
392 posts

this is what i did last time, just tell the one who recruit me with the nicest way as possible. i told them a better offer just sprung up... also gave him a decline letter just to be formal. he also know it's a competitive industry we're in. i

might reconsider tho, if he outbid the other offer tongue.gif
c.o.o.l
post Oct 29 2008, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
241 posts

I also in this situation before, I gave the one recruit me a formal letter and call him to tell him I got a better offer.
jywei
post Oct 30 2008, 12:16 AM

3 posts

just wan to knw if i alrdy signed the offer letter, and works for only 2 days can i disappear w/o any letter to the admin? the offer letter stated i need to giv 2 weeks notice, but i dun feel like work for 2 more weeks there.. will i get sue by the company?
callmepaper
post Oct 30 2008, 09:56 AM

书到用时方恨少
1,319 posts

QUOTE(jywei @ Oct 30 2008, 12:16 AM)
just wan to knw if i alrdy signed the offer letter, and works for only 2 days can i disappear w/o any letter to the admin? the offer letter stated i need to giv 2 weeks notice, but i dun feel like work for 2 more weeks there.. will i get sue by the company?
if you have already turned up, give them the two weeks notice by courtesy. if you insist to go and wish not to give any notice nor paying in lieu, good luck.
callmepaper
post Oct 30 2008, 09:59 AM

书到用时方恨少
1,319 posts

QUOTE(Lestat @ Oct 29 2008, 09:50 PM)
this is what i did last time, just tell the one who recruit me with the nicest way as possible. i told them a better offer just sprung up... also gave him a decline letter just to be formal. he also know it's a competitive industry we're in. i

might reconsider tho, if he outbid the other offer tongue.gif
same thing happened to me. my case is more complicated, it involved the head hunter. so, i upset two parties. good thing i apologized sincerely to the head hunter and sent a decline letter to the company. old folks saying: 事事留一线, 日后好相见 (canto)

p/s: man, you are greedy...
neohardcore
post Oct 30 2008, 11:04 AM

Casual
402 posts

think deeply 1st before signing any letter dude..u dont want any trouble rite?u can always discuss with ur new company,say like u wanna work about 2-3 days before giving back the offer letter that u have sign.u have big reason to do dat for sure icon_rolleyes.gif
yiivei
post Oct 30 2008, 11:13 AM

~WooLaLa~
1,933 posts

QUOTE(2ndAccount @ Oct 29 2008, 06:34 PM)
Just would like to know,if signed the offer letter already,but not yet start working,then go n inform them i dun wan the job,will get sue not?
i believe ur offer letter ther got a clause like, giv 7 days notice upon termination of contract.. sth like this? if yes, then its betta to abide it.. to prevent from being sue..
lil`pumpkinz
post Oct 30 2008, 11:16 AM

私はデビッド愛
869 posts

QUOTE(2ndAccount @ Oct 29 2008, 06:34 PM)
i dont think they will sue. maybe blacklisted you nia.
Blue07
post Oct 30 2008, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(callmepaper @ Oct 30 2008, 09:59 AM)
p/s: man, you are greedy...
I don't think lestat was greedy. He had to courtesy and conscience to tell the employer and even gave a formal letter. Depending also on work performance, I might have considered offering lestat more ... given that there are way too many people out there who show no form of dedication or conscience at all. "I don't feel like it" and poof. Sure, some employers are plain nuts but two wrongs don't make a right. All it does is to escalate society's downfall as we race one another to see who can go lower.

callmepaper
post Oct 30 2008, 12:18 PM

书到用时方恨少
1,319 posts

QUOTE(Blue07 @ Oct 30 2008, 11:23 AM)
I don't think lestat was greedy. He had to courtesy and conscience to tell the employer and even gave a formal letter. Depending also on work performance, I might have considered offering lestat more ... given that there are way too many people out there who show no form of dedication or conscience at all. "I don't feel like it" and poof. Sure, some employers are plain nuts but two wrongs don't make a right. All it does is to escalate society's downfall as we race one another to see who can go lower.
greedy as in if the offered company will want to offer even more to him to outbid the other higher one hmm.gif

in my case, i was counter-offerred by current company with the condition i must stay on even the other party tend to offer even higher. i'm regretted that i took the same offered price as the other company when i have free hand to tell my current company any figure.

greedy is a human nature, nothing right or wrong.
TS2ndAccount
post Oct 30 2008, 02:25 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(yiivei @ Oct 30 2008, 11:13 AM)
i believe ur offer letter ther got a clause like, giv 7 days notice upon termination of contract.. sth like this? if yes, then its betta to abide it.. to prevent from being sue..
but if b4 start working already dun wan the job?stil need giv them 1 month notice?(in the letter is written 1 month)
callmepaper
post Oct 30 2008, 02:44 PM

书到用时方恨少
1,319 posts

QUOTE(2ndAccount @ Oct 30 2008, 02:25 PM)
but if b4 start working already dun wan the job?stil need giv them 1 month notice?(in the letter is written 1 month)
if you haven't started working, just no-show, as stated above, they won't spend time and money to sue you although legally they can do so. if you already signed, meaning you are bound to the terms, and you should give them 1 month notice from commencement date even though you have not started work.
tr|n|ty
post Oct 30 2008, 05:11 PM

kuukuukuu
787 posts

Normally HR will release you immediately. Reason is simple enough, do you want to hire an employee that you know he/she will resign in one month time?
ah_heng
post Oct 30 2008, 05:16 PM

On my way
503 posts

My advice will be always end in a good term. You can opt out anytime you want, even after you started with them. That's why you have "probationary" period. It works 2 ways.

Take time to fix an appointment to reject the offer and explain to them why. A good company will understand and the fact that they wanna employ you mean you have something they want. Maybe not this time, but who knows, when you progress you might ended up with this company again.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 AM