Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
15 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Chery MPV Community - CMC Version 1, To Gather All Chery MPV Owners

views

smliu
post Dec 15 2008, 10:01 AM

1 posts

Except the 2 air-bags, there is a child’s safety lock installed at the rear door, which provides better security. The application of the advanced technology like ABS, EBD, improves the safety of the vehicle greatly. The front part of Eastar is that of a car’s, manufactured in accordance with the European NCAP 4-star collision standard and manymore.
With this safety std, if you are still doubtful about the safety of Eastar, there will be many cars out of your choice.
smliu
post Dec 16 2008, 06:16 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Enigma4646 @ Dec 16 2008, 11:18 AM)
Chery growing .....good la...my friend just travel back from KT ...lots of Eastar user over there.....so I need to see you guys again ....to sit down ....on our community so we can work out with Chery Alado HQ for a win win relationship.

Added on December 16, 2008, 11:19 amlong live CHERY MPV !!!!!

Added on December 16, 2008, 11:21 amI will print T Shirts , Sticker for CMC....who is interested ??? kindly pm or call me TQ
I like this comment from Enigma4646, "...we can work out with Chery Alado HQ for a win win relationship." Since Chery Alado is setting up essambly plant in our country and making Malaysia as its main manufacturing hub for producing right-hand drive vehicles targeting the ASEAN markets; it will bring up our economy too. To help Chery to grow in our country, make sure Chery Alado takes customer feedback seriously and look into every problem highlighted and customise it to ASEAN taste. I am sure Chery will improve its quality and become a better car maker in Malaysia. Let support cheer for Chery Eastar!
smliu
post Dec 17 2008, 11:44 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Yeop2009 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:42 AM)
Anybody knows any other bank offering or will be offering lower than 3.25% for Eastar? W.e.f from 1st Jan 2009 Eastar  (come with semi leather seats) will be priced 81k minus + 2 years warranty and minus 1 yr free service.
Salesman over here in S.P. told me the 2009 new car comes with semi leather seats, 3 yrs warranty(instead of 2 yrs) but minus 1 yr free service, can any one confirm this matter? TQ!
smliu
post Dec 17 2008, 05:05 PM

1 posts

Added on December 17, 2008, 5:24 pm
QUOTE(boyy2k @ Dec 17 2008, 12:09 PM)
sorry guys, im newbies for this cherry mpv.. first of all, for me, the design is very nice, the engine is ok, and the best part is the price, cheaper than other with the same level.. but i just wanna know 1 thing, is it true the FC is RM100 for 450km only, or in other meaning, full tank can go 450km in long journey, let say from jb to ipoh..if it is true, then i think the FC is quite high, dont u think... just my 2 cent...

We can't expect much FC from a car with 2350cc and c.wt 1500kg and 7 seaters. Furthermore, most of the Eastar on the road is new. When the car runs in, we will see better mileage. The merits of Eastar is the Steptronic transmission which we can get more mileage if we control the car manually. Furthermore, Steptronic is also one of the safety feature where we can control the car easily when come to emergency, rainny day driving or sporty driving.

Added on December 17, 2008, 5:37 pm
QUOTE(Yeop2009 @ Dec 17 2008, 01:40 PM)
Does minus 1 yr free service means...we can not expect F.O.C services & replacement faulty parts whenever we make complain...as what the existing owners are enjoying from SC? wink.gif

Added on December 17, 2008, 1:46 pm
Hope to find a better replacement to my 'Honda'. Eastar of course is a better option...to my 'Honda' whistling.gif

1 yr free service is stated here: http://www.cheryalado.com/ , pls click "services". This free service is not going to valid for 2009 production model which come with half leather seat. Whereas, the replacement of faulty parts is under the warranty. This is what I understand from the sales side.
Further info as I called another branch, the warranty is valid for 3 yrs. I think that is great!
All this info is what I got, pls confirm it when you place your booking.

This post has been edited by smliu: Dec 17 2008, 07:00 PM
smliu
post Dec 19 2008, 09:46 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(eyerule @ Dec 19 2008, 09:25 AM)
half leather seat increase RM2000, no free service. total price RM 81,888.00

all the sales staff including me are using the new price list already because the old stock left only like 5 biji only

Is it true that the price RM81,888.00 is meant for 1st 1000 launching units only as I was told by my salesman? Or it is valid for 2009 models onwards until further changes? icon_question.gif
smliu
post Dec 22 2008, 11:00 AM

1 posts

I have been following up this forum the day I have interest in Eastar. Since there were so many minor problems brought up by owners, it is good for SC(or Chery Alado itself) to feedback and request the assembly plant to improve the quality of this car. 2009 is just few days ahead and hope to see 2009 model will be a car free from all this minor problems. We are looking forward to see more positive things to be posted in this forum; all good things about Eastar instead.
Merry X'mas and happy new year 2009. Cheer for Chery Eastar; a better years ahead.
smliu
post Dec 24 2008, 09:29 AM

1 posts

After sales service and selling cars are equally important. Japanese car dominating the market worldwide because it started with very good service parts supply and services after sales. Based on this good and continuous parts supply and serives, Japanese products have became people's number 1 choice. Of course, low price come with quality goods, services and spare parts supply are actually one package.
Chery is new to Malaysian and Chery should emphasis 100% customer satisfaction and provide excellent service for those who willing to try and put their trust on Chery car(Eastar). I am sure with 100% customer satisfaction provided, owners don't mind those minor problems from those newly launching car(usually new production output will have minor minor problems).
We can hear more and more people talking abt Eastar now a day. We hope that Eastar owrners can be proud of their car and start to spread good news instead.

This post has been edited by smliu: Dec 24 2008, 07:16 PM
smliu
post Jan 4 2009, 11:32 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(surehit @ Jan 4 2009, 12:59 AM)
Hi everyone, I'm back after almost 1 month absence. Happy New Year to all.  thumbup.gif

I have similar problems like the above but almost all solved except the last one. The SC done alignment for me already but still lari? Wonder if anyone else have this problem and how to solve it?

Shoutout to Dynasan and salute to Mr President, Enigma!!  notworthy.gif

I heard about similar problem from other car. Foreman said it could be due to drive shafts if your alignment and wheel balancing have done well. Ask help from SC or Chery HQ Service Center from the following:

"CHERY HQ Service Center TEL: 03-79553282. Person In Charge: Mr. Sunny(Workshop Manager) or Mr. Lau (After Sales Manager)"

It is not possible for you to drive a car which always sway to one side and it is more dangerous when you apply "hard breaking". Hope this problem can be solved soon for your car.

This post has been edited by smliu: Jan 4 2009, 11:33 AM
smliu
post Jan 5 2009, 05:45 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Mr.M @ Jan 4 2009, 11:32 PM)
Dear Chery Eastar owners,
Anybody is driving this MPV daily, going to work with a long distance?
Please share your experience.

I travel more than 100km (2 ways) from my house to my workplace. Need to know the reliability for daily long distance.

To Chery Alado Distributors/Dealers,
1. Any special promotion for festive season? CNY is coming soon. Special promotion may boost-up your sales  biggrin.gif
2. Have all the complaint on defect been seriously highlighted/feedback to your factory/assembly line? Take some action so that people will get their confident on Chery brand.

Eventhough I have not got my car yet, I believe Eastar is a reliable and safe car to use. The engine is power by Mitsubishi 4G64 which has been around for 20 years. 4G64 is a relatively simple engine and less problem. Eastar chassis is tuned by Lotus engineers and it gives the passengers and driver comfort and safety. The front part of Eastar is that of a car’s, manufactured in accordance with the European NCAP 4-star collision standard. And Eastar is equiped with many safety features valued for money. Take a close look at same features, you will like it. Of course, we are talking about the car driven within the safety limit ya!

Furthermore, it only takes 17~19cents/km for long distance driving and 23~25 cents for urban driving. This FC is remarkable for a MPV with 2.4l power plant. (the FC is given by users, friends and salesman)

Go go go Eastar! rclxms.gif
smliu
post Jan 5 2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts

FYI, Public Bank is offering 2.6% for high loan long term and 2.9% for low loan short term. Apply to Eastar.
smliu
post Jan 5 2009, 09:52 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Jan 5 2009, 07:54 PM)
all the bolded one is a vague statement.. mind stating ur source to further reinforce ur claim?

I don't see any value added in your question. If you a fan of Eastar, you should at least do some research on your own. All this information can be obtained from web site and from the company Chery Alado.

About Mitsubishi 4G64; login to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Sirius_engine for Mitsubishi enhine history.
About Eastar chassis; check with Chery Alado, ask them to provide you the Eastar chassis fact sheets. I have a copy of fact sheets(all abt Eastar) from Chey Alado.
About European NCAP 4-star collision standard; login to http://www.cheryalado.com/ go to "Safety & Secuirty". Can check with Chery Alado also.

I supposed this forum is for Eastar fans and Eastar owners and everyone hope to see more value added discussion so that it bebefits all people.
smliu
post Jan 6 2009, 10:20 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Jan 6 2009, 12:26 AM)
1st of all, im not a china car fans at all.. make me become one laugh.gif
2ndly, i checked the wiki and none of the sentence there hints how reliable this engine is after 20years.. its ur claim afterall
3rdly, i searched www.euroncap.com and there is none (YES, I MEAN NONE) entry for this chery model..
anyway, something for us to enjoy although it wasnt from this model but from same manufacturer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kQGAK550LE
hopefully it can do much much much much better than that nod.gif

how do u consider a value added anyway? praises all over?

1st of all, it is not my claim because I dun own Mitsubishi and I dun sell/advertise any product in this forum. We are sharing info and helping people to solve problems. If you dun see the fact, doesn't mean it is not there. Wikipedia stated that Mitsubishi 4G64 engine started its application from 1987–1990 on Mitsubishi Sapporo and the last model Mitsubishi car using 4G64 engine was Eclipse 2005 and Spacegear 2006.

2nd, we are not here to argue who is right and who is wrong. We are here to see good and bad points on Eastar and we want to help each other to solve/improve the problems. It is great that some branch manager and salesman are with us in this forum. We also see some excellent members like Eastarma, Enigma4646 & etc putting up effort to help/improve for Eastar owners. I give them thumbup.gif notworthy.gif

When I read bad feedback, I counter check with sales representative here to see whether the company is doing anything. Surprisingly, those problems are very well taking care off. Example: the left front door/window noice; the company is looking into & redesign the door seal rubber. Isn't it amazing! I can see this forum is very effective and very good! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by smliu: Jan 6 2009, 10:46 AM
smliu
post Jan 8 2009, 10:32 AM

1 posts

According to my sales man, Eastar custom made bodykit is available in SP(Kedah). Two shops can handmake with excellent workmanships. Can call Mr Lee of Chery Alado in SP for more info.

This post has been edited by smliu: Jan 8 2009, 06:33 PM
smliu
post Jan 13 2009, 10:29 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(SuperEastar @ Jan 13 2009, 06:22 PM)
Anybody having 09 eastar??can show me ??

To my knowledge, 08 & 09 Eastars are all the same except it comes with 1/2-leather seats and the two carrier bars on top but it doen't has 1st year FREE services. The outlook maybe diferrent when the two bars on top.... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by smliu: Jan 14 2009, 10:11 AM
smliu
post Jan 15 2009, 08:52 AM

1 posts

1st batch of 2009 model doesn't come with 1/2 leather seat. sad.gif

This post has been edited by smliu: Jan 15 2009, 12:34 PM
smliu
post Jan 18 2009, 06:32 PM

1 posts

Got my Eastar on Friday. Travelled from BM to KL @ 110~130km/h & 4 adults, the petrol used is RM134.5 for total journey 690km; FC is RM0.195/km. Very satisfy with the fuel consumption and the power. Eastar is value for money; it is a good & comfortable car after all.

This post has been edited by smliu: Jan 19 2009, 06:46 PM
smliu
post Jan 19 2009, 08:19 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Enigma4646 @ Jan 19 2009, 07:27 PM)
easy to fall in love with eastar ....I tell you.......

Yes, we do! Can't deny it! Thanks Mr President! thumbup.gif
smliu
post Jan 21 2009, 09:24 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Chery new friend @ Jan 21 2009, 08:22 AM)
Hi dear all Tai Ko

am new to this car and forum. have seen this car many time in on road show, love it very much. now in the mean of deciding whether to buy...
but heard from here quite a lot of problem... bit worry... any advise from taiko?  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

I am new here too. I just got my car last Friday and I dove fr BM to KL to feel the car. My family members(3) like it and they said it is very confortable ride. As a driver, I am very satisfy with the performance especially the power and the fuel consumption is RM0.195/km for an brand new engine(what I mean is "the engine is not run in yet").
No major problem; just some small problems which I know it can be fixed. Eastar is value for money. No car with such spec for just mere RM80k. My advice is inspect your car closely b4 you decide to take that car. Go to sales center which has stock to choose and allow you to test drive.

Gogogo Eastar! You will love it! thumbup.gif
smliu
post Jan 22 2009, 05:45 PM

1 posts

Wow! Looks very impressive with such modification especially the back portion. Great looking Eastar!
Gogogo Eastar!

smliu
post Jan 26 2009, 08:49 PM

1 posts

Anyone try this b4? What is the word show on the dashboard when reversing the car to a very close object? It should be a word "STOP" but what is the actual word shown? Can Eastar owners try this and give your comment?
Thank you and regards to all owners.

Added on January 26, 2009, 9:06 pmafter servicing my car for 1st 1000km, the car is smoother and is more powerful. Wow! I am going to to like this car more and more.
Gogogo Eastar!

Added on January 26, 2009, 9:21 pm
QUOTE(Chery new friend @ Jan 26 2009, 04:10 PM)
Thank you Enigma, KL is WSF 4900 as at today, penang is PJB, Selangor is BFK... Look like KL still better...  hopefully when my time take the car can be somewhere WSF 8000 to 9000... thanks ....WSG also not bad at all..

regards

Png started PJB 2 weeks ago, you can choose the number from PJB; I estimate the number running at 4xxx~7xxx now. My salesman told me he still has Snow White Eastar (2009 model) at offer price.

This post has been edited by smliu: Jan 27 2009, 04:36 PM

15 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0469sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:34 PM