31 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LG LG KP500, pitched as the most affordable touch pho

views

latias93
post Jun 20 2009, 05:13 AM

Peminat Setia Exists
1,270 posts

Aiyo, so long I never venture into this thread! Looks like Banzai_san made effort to keep this thread alive.. thumbs up bro..

Just in case anyone asks again the Cookie doesn't really have a 'theme' like maybe you have gotten used to from using Nokia or SE phones.. but I like having 2 separate wallpapers for widget and speed dial. I used to have a problem of choosing only 1 of the wallpaper last time.. now I can have 2!

The TS die already ah, he should put more info on the first post so that newcomers will know what to do and what website to visit next time.. convenience for everyone biggrin.gif
PrinceCaspien
post Jun 20 2009, 11:12 AM

Unique
1,717 posts

QUOTE(DavidZai98 @ Jun 3 2009, 08:29 PM)
Bro...my Cookie got this problem...

Ok,when i have do all the connection setting to my bluetooth headset,and i have coneected.
After i turn off the bluetooth,is wont auto reconnect.
I have try to setting is "Allow connect without ask"
Is ok...too bad is i want manual connect it also cant...(no function i can do this)

So...last...i jz can research my headset and connect.
mean when i turn off bluetooth,must do it research and connect it again again and again.

Any cookie owner hv this problem aslo??

* i have try connect 2 different bluetooth headset...iTech and Grandvue
that means your bluetooth is not compatible with your phone.
i have this experience before, i have 1 B Speech Clip & Go bluetooth, try to connect with my previous 5800, after calls, bluettoth HF will disconnect, must manually connect but when i try on my LG cookie got no problem, even update 5800 firmware also have same problem, so my B Speech Clip & Go is not compatible with my 5800.

Added on June 21, 2009, 10:52 amhttp://www.tomtop.com/lc-500-quadband-dual-sim-dual-standby-cellphone-black_p5544.html?cPath=177_272

Clone KP500.....wow....

This post has been edited by PrinceCaspien: Jun 21 2009, 10:52 AM
pbc06
post Jun 29 2009, 01:51 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

hi cookie owners,
does anyone know where i can buy a 3.5mm adapter for the cookie?
latias93
post Jul 13 2009, 07:33 PM

Peminat Setia Exists
1,270 posts

QUOTE(pbc06 @ Jun 29 2009, 01:51 PM)
hi cookie owners,
does anyone know where i can buy a 3.5mm adapter for the cookie?
3.5mm adapter.. as in for the audio jack? I have no idea, sorry. Been looking for one myself too.
PrinceCaspien
post Jul 13 2009, 08:32 PM

Unique
1,717 posts

ebay, seller from hong kong have it, look for free postage.
xDjWanNabex
post Aug 6 2009, 09:55 PM

Enthusiast
931 posts

Guys, my cookie right, when i receive a text message, the ringtone goes on for a long time, even though i keep canceling it. How do i terminate the tone, once i press a key or is there a certain way to off it? Touching somewhere on the screen or a key?

Thanks!
12oY
post Aug 19 2009, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

Any one use opera mini v2.4 . I have problem install it say setting cant connect . Any 1 help.
nur_dalilah
post Aug 27 2009, 01:46 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(latias93 @ Jul 13 2009, 07:33 PM)
3.5mm adapter.. as in for the audio jack? I have no idea, sorry. Been looking for one myself too.
U can buy it at Low Yat Plaza, the floor which sell many hp stuffs. I got mine at there too..
pbc06
post Aug 27 2009, 10:47 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(nur_dalilah @ Aug 27 2009, 01:46 AM)
U can buy it at Low Yat Plaza, the floor which sell many hp stuffs. I got mine at there too..
i got it a few days back. ordered online via ebay...
Axel
post Sep 2 2009, 11:45 PM

Casual
393 posts

i feel like getting this phone,how's the messaging on it?is the virtual keyboard okay?
and what abt the battery life?how long can it last with normal use?
Narako
post Sep 18 2009, 03:47 PM

what?
703 posts

hey does this phone have any gps application which is offline?
paige.pc
post Sep 20 2009, 07:01 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Axel @ Sep 2 2009, 11:45 PM)
i feel like getting this phone,how's the messaging on it?is the virtual keyboard okay?
and what abt the battery life?how long can it last with normal use?
Im using this phone for abt 8 months now
Virtual keyboard is great cos it has the motion detector.
The battery last for abt 2-3 days normal use with bt on 24/7

The messaging is much better than KU990 which im using today.

pwincess
post Oct 13 2009, 04:11 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

how to setting mms for maxis?
latias93
post Nov 5 2009, 12:08 PM

Peminat Setia Exists
1,270 posts

The virtual keyboard is excellent!

But the QWERTY keyboard is rather small and not-so-sensitive when compared to iPod Touch/iPhone. You tend to hit the wrong buttons like 3/5 of the time (without using stylus).

It's battery lasts a looong time, I once had it last for an entire week. With the use of let's say about 10 SMS'es and a couple of calls a day, perhaps 4-5 days can tahan also.

Added on November 17, 2009, 12:46 amDead forum =.=

This post has been edited by latias93: Nov 17 2009, 12:46 AM
darkside7
post Dec 18 2009, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

im just want to ask...where i can get the original kp500 handsfree?? i have try to find it some of the phone shop...but they say dont have it..so anyone know or wanted to sell ur kp500 earphone to me?? thanx
hanissyazwan
post Dec 28 2009, 01:54 PM

DARK ULTIMATE
1,180 posts

QUOTE(paige.pc @ Sep 20 2009, 08:01 PM)
Im using this phone for abt 8 months now
Virtual keyboard is great  cos it has the motion detector.
The battery last for abt 2-3 days normal use with bt on 24/7

The messaging is much better than KU990 which im using today.
do you have to use the stylus? or can you use your finger? i am thinking of purchasing this phone but i would like to make sure it is the one i really would like. any major downsides? like is it very slow? or not have much memoery.. etc.
12oY
post Dec 28 2009, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

is time to modd this phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRrTyueIh10

www.mylgcookie.com
gome
post Jan 3 2010, 10:06 PM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(hanissyazwan @ Dec 28 2009, 01:54 PM)
do you have to use the stylus? or can you use your finger? i am thinking of purchasing this phone but i would like to make sure it is the one i really would like. any major downsides? like is it very slow? or not have much memoery.. etc.
I hope my reply is not too late biggrin.gif

After using this phone for close to a year, here are my thoughts (the disadvantages):

-> The phone is not very slow, but it's kinda slow. For example, deleting 5 sms takes about 2 seconds. 2 seconds is not long, but i think this can be done in milliseconds. I guess part of the slowness is due to the animations. And after deleting, a confirmation dialog box pops up, which will stay there for about 1 second - you can by-pass this annoyance by tapping somewhere else on the screen though.

The only time the phone becomes very slow is when I try to configure the alarm. Due to the slowness, when I drag my finger across the screen, some other buttons gets pressed. There was once when I was configuring my daily alarm, and I accidentally unmarked the specific day I wanted to be awaken by the alarm...I found that out the next morning, and late for work.

-> It's a buggy phone. When I first bought the phone, the calculator couldn't calculate some stuff correctly and the calendar repeated 1-time reminders for a few years. Those bugs have already been solved in the latest firmware, but some still remains:
-when I sms in landscape mode, sometimes the screen gets corrupted (probably animation problem)
-when I use the radio widget, it automatically gets switched off some time after locking the phone (happens sometimes only)
-when I schedule an appointment sometime early tomorrow morning (assuming it's night time now), the alarm doesn't ring the next morning

-> The music player is not intelligent enough: Unless you manually add songs into the playlist, all your ringtones/sms tones gets mixed up in the player...haha

-> Battery contact not good after a while: After about 9 months of usage, I sometimes found my phone automatically switched off. Later on I had to improvise by adding some padding at the back of the battery so that it is nearer to the gold pin contacts.

But if you can live with such annoyances, and want a touch screen phone badly - you can give it a try. And as 12oY stated, the LG Cookie community has just recently found a way to hack the phone to install themes.
12oY
post Jan 4 2010, 09:56 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

ohh i have hack my cookies .. look nice to me
latias93
post Feb 20 2010, 01:39 PM

Peminat Setia Exists
1,270 posts

QUOTE(gome @ Jan 3 2010, 10:06 PM)
I hope my reply is not too late biggrin.gif

After using this phone for close to a year, here are my thoughts (the disadvantages):

-> The phone is not very slow, but it's kinda slow. For example, deleting 5 sms takes about 2 seconds. 2 seconds is not long, but i think this can be done in milliseconds. I guess part of the slowness is due to the animations. And after deleting, a confirmation dialog box pops up, which will stay there for about 1 second - you can by-pass this annoyance by tapping somewhere else on the screen though.

The only time the phone becomes very slow is when I try to configure the alarm. Due to the slowness, when I drag my finger across the screen, some other buttons gets pressed. There was once when I was configuring my daily alarm, and I accidentally unmarked the specific day I wanted to be awaken by the alarm...I found that out the next morning, and late for work.

-> It's a buggy phone. When I first bought the phone, the calculator couldn't calculate some stuff correctly and the calendar repeated 1-time reminders for a few years. Those bugs have already been solved in the latest firmware, but some still remains:
-when I sms in landscape mode, sometimes the screen gets corrupted (probably animation problem)
-when I use the radio widget, it automatically gets switched off some time after locking the phone (happens sometimes only)
-when I schedule an appointment sometime early tomorrow morning (assuming it's night time now), the alarm doesn't ring the next morning

-> The music player is not intelligent enough: Unless you manually add songs into the playlist, all your ringtones/sms tones gets mixed up in the player...haha

-> Battery contact not good after a while: After about 9 months of usage, I sometimes found my phone automatically switched off. Later on I had to improvise by adding some padding at the back of the battery so that it is nearer to the gold pin contacts.

But if you can live with such annoyances, and want a touch screen phone badly - you can give it a try. And as 12oY stated, the LG Cookie community has just recently found a way to hack the phone to install themes.
I agree with your review. It's buggy indeed. It's firmware is screwed up as well!

It's still using the original C firmware it's shipped with, and I survived! cool2.gif

Planning to change phone soon. Either get a iPhone 2G 8GB (just to try out) or get the Google Android-powered HTC Tattoo.

31 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.02    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:30 AM