Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Company Chop(s), Things about company chop(s)

views

TSArrogantDome
post Sep 24 2008, 02:24 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
157 posts

Hi,

Here I am again, the curious businessman wannabe. I am wondering if every company "NEED" to have company chop(s) ? If it is necessary, how many chops are required? and where can i make it in PJ? and what is the requirement to make a company chop (other than design)?

This post has been edited by ArrogantDome: Sep 24 2008, 02:25 PM
bbjslee
post Sep 24 2008, 02:33 PM

Benkyo benkyo benkyo
2,247 posts

QUOTE(ArrogantDome @ Sep 24 2008, 02:24 PM)
Hi,

Here I am again, the curious businessman wannabe. I am wondering if every company "NEED" to have company chop(s) ? If it is necessary, how many chops are required? and where can i make it in PJ? and what is the requirement to make a company chop (other than design)?
1. Yes
2. Depend on purpose.
3. Check your local stationary shops
4. $$ & design
TSArrogantDome
post Sep 24 2008, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(bbjslee @ Sep 24 2008, 02:33 PM)
1. Yes
2. Depend on purpose.
3. Check your local stationary shops
4. $$ & design
Can elaborate more on point no. 2 ? ( example: how many types of company chop and its purposes )
cute_boboi
post Sep 24 2008, 03:03 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

Normally you will need two chops minimum. One is the full company name + reg. no. + full address. You may also want to fit in the tel, fax and even contact person/email/etc.

The other is a smaller chop, normally round. With just the company name + reg. no. only. This is used for signing receipts, letters/couriers, etc. where only small space is available to chop.

Some will have a third chop with just company name + reg no. in a straight line. To chop cheque book if too lazy to write or cannot afford a cheque franking machine. tongue.gif

BlackShepherd
post Sep 24 2008, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

1.goods receive with date 2.payment paid with date 3. invoice 4. bank check.
TSArrogantDome
post Sep 24 2008, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(cute_boboi @ Sep 24 2008, 03:03 PM)
Normally you will need two chops minimum. One is the full company name + reg. no. + full address. You may also want to fit in the tel, fax and even contact person/email/etc.

The other is a smaller chop, normally round. With just the company name + reg. no. only. This is used for signing receipts, letters/couriers, etc. where only small space is available to chop.

Some will have a third chop with just company name + reg no. in a straight line. To chop cheque book if too lazy to write or cannot afford a cheque franking machine.  tongue.gif
I c. Thanks for enlightening me smile.gif What is "cheque franking machine" btw? blink.gif

QUOTE(BlackShepherd @ Sep 24 2008, 03:07 PM)
1.goods receive with date 2.payment paid with date 3. invoice 4. bank check.
Boss, are you talking about "bill books" or "company stamp chop" ?
happy4ever
post Sep 24 2008, 03:29 PM

(✿◠‿◠) Queen of Love ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
7,194 posts

QUOTE(cute_boboi @ Sep 24 2008, 03:03 PM)

Some will have a third chop with just company name + reg no. in a straight line. To chop cheque book if too lazy to write or cannot afford a cheque franking machine.  tongue.gif
erm, most chequebooks have the company name pre-printed onto it, so you don't need to chop it anymore.

QUOTE(ArrogantDome @ Sep 24 2008, 03:22 PM)
I c. Thanks for enlightening me smile.gif What is "cheque franking machine" btw?  blink.gif
Boss, are you talking about "bill books" or "company stamp chop" ?
you must be fresh out of college and haven't worked before in your entire life right?

This are simple Administrative work and tools! Gosh!

sweat.gif
BlackShepherd
post Sep 24 2008, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

chops la = =

happy4ever
post Sep 24 2008, 04:03 PM

7,194 posts

QUOTE(ArrogantDome @ Sep 24 2008, 02:24 PM)
Hi,

If you want to print chops, there is one shop that i highly recommend to go.

It is in SS15, same row as Maybank, few shops after Watson. it is occupying the ground floor and 1st floor. The office is at the 1st floor.
They do company chops also as well as name card printing. I had my name card printed there for just RM22 single sided colour for 100pcs.

The staff there can do adjustments for you too using Illustrator for FREE! Yep.
I had asked about their company chop service before, because that RHB officer told me they needed one as a requirement for a business current account!
TSArrogantDome
post Sep 24 2008, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(happy4ever @ Sep 24 2008, 03:29 PM)
erm, most chequebooks have the company name pre-printed onto it, so you don't need to chop it anymore.
you must be fresh out of college and haven't worked before in your entire life right?

This are simple Administrative work and tools! Gosh!

sweat.gif
Errmm ... Clarification: I am not a fresh out of college and I've been working for 4 to 6 yrs but most of the companies that I work at, they are very chinese malaysian (china man) kinda style AND they never teach me the necessity of all the things. All they taught me is HOW to earn money for them, WORK HARD enough to make more money for them and become a good EMPLOYEE.

So, I am quite blur in it. I would like to apologize on that if i annoy anyone here notworthy.gif

Due to the stated reasons, I am here seeking for more info to cure my curiosity in regards to all these from nice and experiences LYNetters AND you all never let me down. Thank you boss notworthy.gif

Finally, so much quality posts made. Will read it up tonight once I got home. Arigatou gozaimasu to everyone who help notworthy.gif
bbjslee
post Sep 24 2008, 05:47 PM

Benkyo benkyo benkyo
2,247 posts

QUOTE(ArrogantDome @ Sep 24 2008, 05:39 PM)
Errmm ... Clarification: I am not a fresh out of college and I've been working for 4 to 6 yrs but most of the companies that I work at, they are very chinese malaysian (china man) kinda style AND they never teach me the necessity of all the things. All they taught me is HOW to earn money for them, WORK HARD enough to make more money for them and become a good EMPLOYEE.

So, I am quite blur in it. I would like to apologize on that if i annoy anyone here notworthy.gif

Due to the stated reasons, I am here seeking for more info to cure my curiosity in regards to all these from nice and experiences LYNetters AND you all never let me down. Thank you boss notworthy.gif

Finally, so much quality posts made. Will read it up tonight once I got home. Arigatou gozaimasu to everyone who help notworthy.gif
But then... even my dispatch, office boys know about company chop and where to make them. Anyway, thumbs up thumbup.gif for your courage to ask.

As the old saying. Ask, and you're a fool for 5 mins, Don't ask, you're a fool for whole life.
happy4ever
post Sep 24 2008, 06:54 PM

7,194 posts

QUOTE(ArrogantDome @ Sep 24 2008, 05:39 PM)

Well, i guess you were not involved in any administrative procedures in your company. Even the worse chinapek company I have worked for as chops and signs and receipts and invoices etc etc.

These are called operating/administrative procedures. Every company has it even if its not documented.

But 6 years wor.... sweat.gif

But i've worked from a factory worker to a bank clerk to an IT sales for a defunct IT shop, an IT support for an NPO and then an IT exec for a chinapek company for 7 years.
Total working experience can be about 9 years. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by happy4ever: Sep 24 2008, 06:56 PM
TSArrogantDome
post Sep 24 2008, 08:07 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(happy4ever @ Sep 24 2008, 04:03 PM)
If you want to print chops, there is one shop that i highly recommend to go.

It is in SS15, same row as Maybank, few shops after Watson. it is occupying the ground floor and 1st floor. The office is at the 1st floor.
They do company chops also as well as name card printing. I had my name card printed there for just RM22 single sided colour for 100pcs.

The staff there can do adjustments for you too using Illustrator for FREE! Yep.
I had asked about their company chop service before, because that RHB officer told me they needed one as a requirement for a business current account!
Any idea of the shop name boss? tongue.gif

QUOTE(bbjslee @ Sep 24 2008, 05:47 PM)
But then... even my dispatch, office boys know about company chop and where to make them. Anyway, thumbs up  thumbup.gif for your courage to ask.

As the old saying. Ask, and you're a fool for 5 mins, Don't ask, you're a fool for whole life.
I know about "company chop" but i duno got how many types ma. All I know is just "chop,chop,chop" when I am ASKED to OR NEED to tongue.gif

Anyway, I am happy everyone here is willing to educate me in regards to this subject wink.gif

QUOTE(happy4ever @ Sep 24 2008, 06:54 PM)
Well, i guess you were not involved in any administrative procedures in your company. Even the worse chinapek company I have worked for as chops and signs and receipts and invoices etc etc.

These are called operating/administrative procedures. Every company has it even if its not documented.

But 6 years wor....  sweat.gif 

But i've worked from a factory worker to a bank clerk to an IT sales for a defunct IT shop, an IT support for an NPO and then an IT exec for a chinapek company for 7 years.
Total working experience can be about 9 years.  rclxms.gif
The first 3 to 4 yrs, I was working with my dad and I am so spoilt I makan gaji buta oni laugh.gif
happy4ever
post Sep 24 2008, 08:17 PM

7,194 posts

QUOTE(ArrogantDome @ Sep 24 2008, 08:07 PM)
Any idea of the shop name boss? tongue.gif

erm, let me go back home first next week and look for the brochure.
They have a website i think. If you are free, just drop by at SS15 subang jaya.
I htink they have a lot of branches too
The first 3 to 4 yrs, I was working with my dad and I am so spoilt I makan gaji buta oni laugh.gif
Can your dad be my dad? gaji buta is good! tongue.gif
TSArrogantDome
post Sep 24 2008, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(happy4ever @ Sep 24 2008, 08:17 PM)
erm, let me go back home first next week and look for the brochure.
They have a website i think. If you are free, just drop by at SS15 subang jaya.
I htink they have a lot of branches too

Can your dad be my dad? gaji buta is good! tongue.gif
1. tengkiew boss notworthy.gif

2. emmm ... my dad know how to fish and been feeding me the fish for a very long time till i realized that without him, i might not have a fish to eat. Therefore, i've decided to work for others and feel how difficult it is to fish happy.gif the time past, and now i am learning how to fish on my own laugh.gif

3. can i make 1 chop oni? the round 1 ... :/

P/S: Gaji buta no gud, Gaji buta spoil me tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ArrogantDome: Sep 24 2008, 08:41 PM
map
post Sep 25 2008, 08:07 AM

Moonlight Healing Escalation!
675 posts

u only need minimum one company chop, it must, at minimum, contain ur company add, reg. no and address tongue.gif
simplesmile
post Sep 25 2008, 09:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,987 posts

I'm going to share with you some of the stamps I have used for my employer. Though I use one more often than the others, nevertheless I have used them all at one time or another. It's good to have them around.

1. Company stamp. Size usually is rectangle. Includes Company name, Registration number, formerly know as (if applicable), address, phone number and fax number. This stamp comes in handy when you fill up certain forms that requires all these info. So I just stamp on it. Example, the EPF and Socso forms downloaded from the internet.

2. Round company stamp. Size is round. This is for stamping whereby space is smaller. Also used when the address, phone, fax are not required. Example, acknowledge receipt, stamping on supplier's delivery orders and so on. Note that you may also use the rectangle stamp for stamping on supplier's delivery.

The purpose here is to show that the person is acting on behalf of the company. When a person signs on the Supplier's Delivery Order and stamps it, it shows the person acknowledge receipt of the stock on behalf of the company.

3. Directors / Authorised signatories company stamp. The size is rectangle. The top line has your company name and registration number. Followed by empty space and dotted line for you signature. Last line is usually "Directors / Authorised signatories". This stamp could be used in forms whereby the form requires your signature and company stamp in the same area. So you stamp on it and you sign over it.

Other stamps you need are: "PAID", "RECEIVED", a 1 line stamp with dates on it.

Optional stamps : "Acknowledge receipt", "Faxed", "Urgent", "By Hand" and others.

If your company is large and there are different people involved in the different process, then you will need other stamps. For example, maybe a stamp that shows "Checked by: Verified by: and Approved by:" with spaces for each people to sign.
Jason
post Jan 16 2009, 12:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

i was just wondering, anybody put URL on the company chop?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:09 AM