Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
156 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> hosiery a.k.a. Stockings, Pantyhose, Tights, etc., talk about anything and everything of it

ah hong
post Dec 18 2008, 04:54 PM

Group: New Member

according to nokia's dictionary, pantyhose n tights share the same meaning tongue.gif

from my point of view i not-so-can accept guys wearing pantyhose... from what i know some guys at winter country does wear pantyhose to keep warm and they wear long pants to cover it... yes! at least u wear a long pants... dun wear shorts with pantyhose and walk around... saw once before a guy wear pantyhose with shorts somewhere near kota raya... all ppl staring at him... and i almost fainted when i saw it rclxub.gif haha! maybe i "kolot" or out-dated... whats guys & girl's opinion/comment of guys wear pantyhose/tights? hmm.gif

wolford strongly recommended by catherinessc... heard she mention at here few times tongue.gif its really a very pricey brand, i think not much of people in malaysia can accept the over-hundred-ringgit tights except those who tried it before... but i believe u'll get what you pay for thumbup.gif

silkygirl wear pantyhose since 15yrs old? wow! nowadays really hard to see girls wearing pantyhose/tights/stockings accept for OL lo... its not a trend in malaysia... from the reply for this topic and u will know... doh.gif

rclxm9.gif lets make the tread hot!!! sweat.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fillet
post Dec 18 2008, 10:35 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(catherinessc @ Nov 1 2008, 08:08 PM)
purplecrystal. where did u went for college? i feel that everytime i wear pantyhose, ppl will look at me like it's so strange. i seldom met college girls in malaysia wearing pantyhose. if in europe, i understand la, cos it's common here.
BTW, anybody here tried 'Wolford' brand or any other branded pantyhose before? i tried once bought in UK during sales, it's a patterned pantyhose actually. wat i can say is quality is superb.
if u want to wear with sandal,
must get those Labelled "Sandal Toe" " nude Toe " etc.etc...

then it's not so noticeable. Pretty Polly Natural range are pretty good, pretty invisible very thin.. about 7 or 8 denier...
i used to sell them here(BULK order) because i got a friend in UK. then we both got busy with our stuff , i stopped selling them.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
youngsters nowadays prefer to go bare leg because they think pantyhose gives them an "Auntie Image" ..

but actually, pantyhose makes your legs look better.

if you all notice, now in a lot of fashion show, the models are wearing pantyhose... i think the trend is coming back.

in Japan, almost 95% of female wear pantyhose , regardless of whether they are working or not. they even wear them at home.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wolford pantyhose are like the LV/Gucci of pantyhose. they're really really expensive. targeted at high end markets.

This post has been edited by fillet: Dec 18 2008, 10:43 PM
+Quote Post
silkygirl
post Dec 18 2008, 10:59 PM

Group: Junior Member

Hi, ah hong, are you wearig pantyhose regularly? I think most guy who wear pantyhose is purely for comfortable,relieve foot pain due to long time standing or long tie sitting, won't simply wear panthose with short lar, maybe this kind of trend will only be happened in future kua. Regarding to your view "nowadays really hard to see girls wearing pantyhose/tights/stockings accept for OL lo... its not a trend in malaysia", I kinda have opposite view smile.gif. catherinessc, ballet tight actually isn't hot to wear, but quite comfortable, just like a pair of good quality tight, just the different is it is more durable, more stretchy. For the Wolford tight, I also wish to have a pair to try, but when see the price, it is just too expensive to buy. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ah hong
post Dec 19 2008, 01:30 AM

7 or 8 denier?will it too thin n will scratch / tear easily? from my point of view pantyhose wont give "auntie image" but will makes the person looks more professional , tidy, and more confidence... thumbup.gif

hi silkygirl, i am a guy, i don't wear pantyhose but i like to see girls with pantyhose drool.gif am i a pervert??? doh.gif lolz! i hope that i am not rolleyes.gif wear pantyhose can relieve foot pain due to long time standing or long tie sitting? didnt heard of that before... maybe 1 day i should try it on blush.gif Regarding the "nowadays really hard to see girls wearing pantyhose/tights/stockings accept for OL lo... its not a trend in malaysia"i would like to do some correction... maybe i should say "nowadays really hard to see girls wearing pantyhose/tights/stockings accept for OL lo... its still not a trend in malaysia"... as fillet said, she think the trend i coming back and i notice that more n more girls wearing pantyhose compare to last few years... but most of them are wearing opague type doh.gif i still prefer those see-tru type icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
ckmoy007
post Dec 19 2008, 02:04 AM

5 Star ICE Noob

if u r a straight guy and love seeing women in pantyhose, means u have a pantyhose fetish... quite common nowadays, just search for 'pantyhose' in google and u will know the answer right away. smile.gif
silkygirl, i dunno which part of malaysia do u live, but in my place, it's a rare case to see a girl in pantyhose, especially teenagers. those wearing pantyhose are alwez just because work requires them to. in europe, teens are more well dressed, they care about how they looks, but maybe cos of their weather too... teens of euro looks older than their actual age if compared to us, they dress up like adults at the age of 14,15. cos of their physical size r larger than asians, they look gud when dress up. not like malaysian teens, shorts and t shirt + sandals everywhere. smile.gif but it's a total different culture between malaysia and europe.

+Quote Post
scy_krylief
post Dec 28 2008, 06:17 PM

Getting Started

imo tights are great with dresses.. I've got an opaque one and a printed one, haha so far I've only worn them with skirts and they don't look half bad.. just that I think it's more 'accepted' to wear them in colder weather and great when paired with boots of any height =)
+Quote Post
silkygirl
post Dec 29 2008, 09:54 AM

QUOTE(scy_krylief @ Dec 28 2008, 07:17 PM)
imo tights are great with dresses.. I've got an opaque one and a printed one, haha so far I've only worn them with skirts and they don't look half bad.. just that I think it's more 'accepted' to wear them in colder weather and great when paired with boots of any height =)
But must remember that boots are more suitable to ladies with longer legs, if you don't have long legs and you wear boots, it will make your legs look even shorter, just like me, I won't wear boots because I feel my legs aren't long enough.
+Quote Post
tongari
post Jan 8 2009, 03:50 PM

QUOTE(catherinessc @ Sep 7 2008, 02:08 PM)
i'm new here. well, wanna ask all of u whether u all still wear pantyhose, tights or stockings nowadays? it seems like it's quite popular nowadays, be it for work or casual wear. how much do u spend on these items usually per month. I'm studying overseas and interested to import and sell some of the good quality ones... hope everybody can give ur own comment smile.gif Have a nice day.
I LOVE hosiery, I was just about to make a post asking where I can buy cute patterned tights / thigh- / knee-high socks in Malaysia.

In Japan I bought patterned socks and tights from a store called "300 Coin" for ~320円 (~RM12) per pair. It was pretty much a great bargain as they're not very thick but much stronger / more durable than the tights I've bought here. And they're really really pretty smile.gif

The Guardian brand tights rip / run terribly and they're awfully plain sad.gif all blacks and beiges and no patterns. I've seen some really lovely tights from Forever21 (in the States) all over flowers and patterns, really want em!

I'm looking for plain but brightly coloured hose/high socks as well (after seeing a Prada ad full of lime green tights)
+Quote Post
sweetmink
post Jan 9 2009, 01:34 AM

i normally wear panty hose to work coz it's more comfortable and not so bare.
however, if i go jln-jln i normally dun wear coz it's kinda hot in m'sia.

+Quote Post
silkygirl
post Jan 10 2009, 12:14 AM

After wearing pantyhose for so many years, if you ask me not to wear pantyhose right now, I'll feel uncomfortable especially wearing skirt. Even go to shopping in shopping mall, I'll also wear pantyhose, but sometimes will not wear lar, but mostly will wear lar. If walking around Petaling Street, will only wear sock with sports shoe. Choose only good quality pantyhose, then you will feel very comfortable and will not feel hot at all.
+Quote Post
Andy0625
post Jan 10 2009, 12:27 AM

Certified Newbie

I'm not sure the reason behind for wearing a pantyhose , but my gf wear black pantyhose with a black shorts.

Will you guys think that's weird ? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
catherinessc
post Jan 10 2009, 02:49 AM

On my way

nothing weird about that, maybe she just wanted to cover some imperfection on her leg or maybe just for warmth, but there's nothing fashionably wrong.

Added on January 10, 2009, 2:53 am
QUOTE(silkygirl @ Jan 9 2009, 08:14 PM)
After wearing pantyhose for so many years, if you ask me not to wear pantyhose right now, I'll feel uncomfortable especially wearing skirt. Even go to shopping in shopping mall, I'll also wear pantyhose, but sometimes will not wear lar, but mostly will wear lar. If walking around Petaling Street, will only wear sock with sports shoe. Choose only good quality pantyhose, then you will feel very comfortable and will not feel hot at all.
wow, u r really into hosiery as if u got a pantyhose fetish, haha... i oso alwez wear pantyhose to more 'serious' occasions, like meeting someone new, to work or to party. if just normal jalan jalan in malaysia, i seldom wear, but in europe i always wear la due to cold weather.

This post has been edited by catherinessc: Jan 10 2009, 02:53 AM
+Quote Post
ah hong
post Jan 10 2009, 10:32 AM

looks like shorts with pantyhose is a trend nowadays... u can see guls wear like that everywhere especially at shopping mall... most of them are wearing opaque rather than sheer...

+Quote Post
silkygirl
post Jan 13 2009, 09:06 AM

In Malaysia, the girls and ladies more prefer to wear opaque type pantyhose eapecially younger generation rather than sheer type. This is due to maybe opaque is more comfortable to wear, durable, compare to the sheer type one.
+Quote Post
wolfordsthebest
post Jan 13 2009, 10:47 AM

QUOTE(silkygirl @ Jan 13 2009, 09:06 AM)
In Malaysia, the girls and ladies more prefer to wear opaque type pantyhose eapecially younger generation rather than sheer type. This is due to maybe opaque is more comfortable to wear, durable, compare to the sheer type one.
First of all,
Hi to everybody in this wonderfull thread. smile.gif
Lovely to see gals and guys discussing hosiery with such great enthusiasm.
I'm a newbie, so please be gentle.

Silkygirl is right about opaques , they are very durable compared to sheers (8 to 20 deniers) , they give a
great contrast or match when worn with colorful clothings.

Malaysian hosiery range unfortunately is not that varied because of the lack of demand for it.
Asides from office ladies and clubbing/fashionable gals who wear them in cooler environments (air-cond/night time), it is not really practical in a hot and humid weather for everyday wear.
Of course some hosiery lovers would beg to differ. And I'm totally cool with that.

The best hosiery in Msia I've seen are the Jobst compression hosiery that are sold in pharmacies and also in Isetan ,Starhill where you might find a a few Japanese pantyhoses.

Time Square has a Cherilon hosiery store that is somewhere in the really upper floors. That is a Thailand brand that is picking up in popularity.

Parkson Grand might carry some hosiery , but they are nothing to much shout about.

The sock shop sells a variety of colors but its hard to find some that have the same feel and texture as European brands.

AS the rules goes,you get what you pay for and this unfortunately applies to hosiery too.

I do wear opques quite regularly and my favourite opaque tights are the ballet type, Fiesta , hip hop hosiery and also Energetiks.

Fiesta is feathery and velvety soft with medium strength compression (Rm 50)
Hip Hop Hosiery is very Lycra 3d-ish (strong hugginess feel) (Rm40) [Lycra 3d is a weaving method of the elastane that increases the hug of a the pantyhose. It makes the material more elastic and retains its shape better]
and Energetiks is somewhere in between. (Rm50)

All these tights are 60 deniers or thicker. Mostly the colors available are Light pink, brown, and black.

As for mainstream brands. I find Levante 80 Denier Tights(Italian brand) to be absolutely luxurious and it has that
fragrant flowery aroma to it which I absolutely love. (Rm65)
Basque is not bad although not as velvety as Levante. (Rm50).

Kolotex Wicked (Australian brand)is inexpensive and soft enough for everyday wear in cold weather. It hugs pretty well on the legs. (Rm30)

I once had a Wacoal (Japanese) tights a long time ago which were sooooo soft and comfortable. but sadly they no longer produce it. However their Wacoal Styling Cover (Rm90) [20denier] range is heavenly. They are one of the best japanese pantyhose of all as it lifts the buttocks and has gradual compression from feet to calves to thigh) I also love Atsugi and Fukusuke as well as Gunze brands from Japan. Give these brand all a try . You won't regret it.

Get these:-

Atsugi Clinical 15 or 20
Fukusuke Stylingu
Gunze Sabrina

I would love to try more European brands like Omsa, Kunert, Filodoro, Oroblu. Gotta save up some $$$ in order to be able to afford them. hi hi hi.

As for Wolfords, I've got about 6 pairs which i personally love. My all time favs are the Wolford Fatal 15 (totally seamless even in the panty section, no cotton crotch or panel) , Wolford Satin Opaque 50 and finally Wolford Miss W
They are all ridiculously expensive but worth every little penny .

The closest brand that could even compare with the Wolford ranges are the Gerbe (pronounced 'zhurb') from France.
Once again , really really expensive, but very very silky,huggy,soft compared to the middle range quality European hosiery like Levante and Oroblu. My heart breaks everytime i put a hole or a ladder starts to form on my Gerbe pantyhoses.

Anyway, sorry for babbling on so much.
I'll let someone else have a turn now.
ta~ ta~

+Quote Post
tongari
post Jan 13 2009, 11:36 AM

Wolford... > Thanks so much! I'll have a look around some of the shops you mentioned (Isetan, Times Square)

I've found some over-the-knee stockings in interesting colours at Sox World in KLCC (~RM20 p pair)

Where do you get the Atsugi / Fukusuke / Gunze tights from? I'm guessing online shopping?

Btw these are the cute F21 tights I saw:

user posted image

+Quote Post
wolfordsthebest
post Jan 13 2009, 11:58 AM

Hi Tongari,

Are we allowed to put website links on this forum?
If so I could show you where to get one of the Japanese brand pantyhose
Gunze Sabrina. (15 denier)

Or perhaps PM me. or email me . (Oh yawn.gif ..can we show our hotmail/gmail accounts in the forum)

I'm such a dumb dumb newbie...
Dun wanna be offending any of the forums' rules .
hi hi
+Quote Post
ah hong
post Jan 13 2009, 12:00 PM

wow! another expert in da house rclxms.gif welcome wolfordsthebest... even the name also wolford doh.gif as we can see here you tried various type&brand of stockings and have wide range of stockings in your closet thumbup.gif thanks for your sharing notworthy.gif

hey tongari, the tights looks good gul thumbup.gif did u bought it?
+Quote Post
wolfordsthebest
post Jan 14 2009, 10:36 AM

Thanks for the welcome Ah hong, you're too kind. i was merely sharing info with everyone and helping others to get a good deal and bargain.

If anyone is wanting to get some Wolford hosiery real cheap, go to
the Wolford london and Wolford melbourne online webstores now. Just google it.

They are having a massive sale... some even up to 70% off.

Not everything is discounted but a huge variety of patterned tights and stockings.

smile.gif

happy shopping.

p.s. Oh! i don't work for Wolford. I just think they make the world's most expensive and comfortable hosiery. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by wolfordsthebest: Jan 14 2009, 10:37 AM
+Quote Post
ah hong
post Jan 14 2009, 01:02 PM

again thanks for the info ms wolfordsthebest! rclxms.gif

maybe u all can share how 2 take care of your tights so that it can last longer and how u match your tights with clothes and shoes, etc... smile.gif

i heard that put the new tights into fridge a day before u wear it can last make it last longer... anyone tried it before? hmm.gif
+Quote Post

156 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0783sec    2.70    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:13 AM