Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

hosiery a.k.a. Stockings, Pantyhose, Tights, etc., talk about anything and everything of it

views

catherinessc
post Sep 7 2008, 02:08 PM

On my way
541 posts

i'm new here. well, wanna ask all of u whether u all still wear pantyhose, tights or stockings nowadays? it seems like it's quite popular nowadays, be it for work or casual wear. how much do u spend on these items usually per month. I'm studying overseas and interested to import and sell some of the good quality ones... hope everybody can give ur own comment smile.gif Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by catherinessc: Nov 13 2008, 05:06 PM
catherinessc
post Sep 7 2008, 09:34 PM

On my way
541 posts

true, that's why i'm surveying the market... but so far nobody put in any input. sad.gif
catherinessc
post Sep 12 2008, 11:15 PM

On my way
541 posts

thanks everyone for putting in some ideas. i think that hosiery business is still unpopular in malaysia. I myself spent roughly RM100 on hosiery each month. used to wear them with skirt. smile.gif Been wearing some good quality ones, very comfy and smoothen out the looks. I love those patterned ones, I've tried wolford pantyhose, they were marvelous but very pricey. Usually wear them to clubbing and important occasions. tongue.gif Girls, come on, sure there r some of u that still love fashion tights/pantyhose. Give us some of ur idea.
catherinessc
post Oct 21 2008, 03:01 AM

On my way
541 posts

QUOTE(lovebluesky @ Oct 20 2008, 04:51 AM)
where are you studying catherinessc? i myself like to start this kind of business too
studying in europe. so fast got competitor d? sweat.gif

Added on October 21, 2008, 3:07 am
QUOTE(karmenista @ Oct 20 2008, 09:11 PM)
pantyhose is part of my working uniform. as i have to wear it everytime i went to work, i bought a support pantyhose, which is more better than normal ones. coz support pantyhose will stay tight to ur legs n wont slip easily like normal ones does. i bought the one from guardian charcoal code 21, rm12.90 per pack of 3. a support pantyhose can wear up 7 times including washing if u  take care of it properly smile.gif goodluck in ur research
yea, i wore those b4, so far it's the best i can find in m'sia for a reasonable price. but if compare to those available here in europe, those r nothing. Once u wear those that made in europe, u won't wan to wear those that in m'sia anymore. i'm one of the example. biggrin.gif But those available in europe r usually 20-40den, so it might get hot if wear in m'sia unless u work in air conditioned office/workplace. i usually wear 20den in m'sia and the quality of euro hose and m'sia(made in china) hose is like day and night. it actually can last for a week if taken care properly without losing shape...

This post has been edited by catherinessc: Oct 21 2008, 03:07 AM
catherinessc
post Oct 28 2008, 08:57 PM

On my way
541 posts

i think wat ckmoy said was partly true... young girls nowadays are more interested in tights and leggings, but not pantyhose except for OLs which is also quite rare. I think the main reason is because of the culture and weather in malaysia. Girls r not used to wearing pantyhose, cos it's hot and some says looks very granny... tongue.gif but vice versa in europe, girls have been wearing them since they are young. so it's no big deal to them. as for granny looks i think it's cos of the poor quality hosiery sold in m'sia, those that i wear(made in europe) doesn't make u look granny but instead a very smooth and elegant look. but of course the price is different as well. I myself started to wear pantyhose for the first when i was 18, when i going for a part time job interview, it was hot and uncomfortable(made in china pantyhose) unlike the euros one. it's true it will be hot wearing pantyhose if u walking under the sun, but i think even without pantyhose, it'll still be hot to walk under the sun. So, now i normally wear them 20den pantyhose to an air-conditioned environment or at night to clubs. basically i think pantyhose gives me a more positive effect than negative... smile.gif
catherinessc
post Nov 1 2008, 08:08 PM

On my way
541 posts

purplecrystal. where did u went for college? i feel that everytime i wear pantyhose, ppl will look at me like it's so strange. i seldom met college girls in malaysia wearing pantyhose. if in europe, i understand la, cos it's common here.
BTW, anybody here tried 'Wolford' brand or any other branded pantyhose before? i tried once bought in UK during sales, it's a patterned pantyhose actually. wat i can say is quality is superb.
catherinessc
post Nov 11 2008, 03:01 AM

On my way
541 posts

wow, this is a slow moving thread after all. so many users but no comments from them... i wonder if everyone understands the word 'hosiery'? smile.gif
catherinessc
post Nov 13 2008, 05:01 PM

On my way
541 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Nov 11 2008, 08:56 PM)
I am curious are pantyhose suppose to be worn together with undergarments as i check wikipedia it says without undergarments. Won't it feel too tight? Also it is easy to damage the pantyhose when you wear it as the toe figernail might scratch it.
Many men use pantyhose too, but they wear it on the face.
i think most girls wear pantyhose with undergarments. unless they want to get naughty blush.gif . at least i personally wear pantyhose with undergarment. i guess u never wear pantyhose before, right?
some pantyhose tears/runs very easily, especially the low quality and thin ones. the thicker, the harder to tear. thickness of pantyhose are counted as DEN. in Malaysia, usually is 7-15 den. very thin... usually i wear 20 den. if cold then 40 or more.

Added on November 13, 2008, 5:03 pm
QUOTE(ah hong @ Nov 11 2008, 09:11 PM)
mayb can put it as " hosiery a.k.a stocking"  hmm.gif cz as u say mayb some of them might not know the meaning of hoseiry sweat.gif

pantyhose with undergarment or not this things i think depends on personal 1 lo... some do n some don't... correct me if i m wrong blush.gif ... good quality pantyhose will not scartch easily but also have 2 make sure that ur finger nail is smooth n even... guls,m i right?  brows.gif
yea, u r right. some ppl that got dry skin, use lotion before putting them on, while some uses gloves. good quality hose r more expensive but looks more attractive and durable. better than those made in china stuffs. brows.gif

This post has been edited by catherinessc: Nov 13 2008, 05:03 PM
catherinessc
post Nov 14 2008, 03:55 AM

On my way
541 posts

basically higher DEN is thicker or can call it opaque when it is not the see thru type. lower DEN are thinner and runs easily if not careful. Durability of hosiery depends on both quality and thickness which depends on material used to make them... Some uses extra Lycra which gives it more durability and more stretchable. Most important is comfort... smile.gif ah hong, you are a guy or girl if you don't mind telling?
catherinessc
post Nov 16 2008, 05:54 AM

On my way
541 posts

yea, tried wearing to club a patterned hose from wolford with a little black dress. rclxm9.gif looks very nice cos quality is gud. got lotsa stares, gud and bad ones, u know what i mean. drool.gif but i feel more comfortable and confident wearing that, haha. tongue.gif european hosiery are absolutely top class. thumbup.gif except for those low class ones dat r for grannies, lol. doh.gif do u experience this kind of situation too?
catherinessc
post Dec 17 2008, 03:46 AM

On my way
541 posts

In the UK, they are called tights, the rest of the world they are called pantyhose, of course they r named differently according to the local language. so, u have been wearing Leggs, i assume dat u dun get them from Malaysia... cos i've neva seen Leggs selling in Malaysia, correct me if i am wrong. smile.gif u started wearing pantyhose at quite an early age for average malaysian. just out of curiosity, wat r the comments of other ppl when u first wear pantyhose? do they look at u like u r weirdo? tongue.gif

Added on December 17, 2008, 3:48 am
QUOTE(ckmoy007 @ Dec 15 2008, 05:18 AM)
bump biggrin.gif
thanks for the bump, anyone can bump this thread if u think it's too inactive over a period of time, cos i might not be online everyday... Thanks a lot.

This post has been edited by catherinessc: Dec 17 2008, 03:48 AM
catherinessc
post Dec 17 2008, 07:29 PM

On my way
541 posts

i neva wore b4 ballet tights... won't it be to hot to wear them on the streets of malaysia? it must be quite expensive to import pantyhose from overseas. Have u tried wolford b4? it is really nice although pricey smile.gif as for tights for men, i think in malaysia, it's not so appropriate... tongue.gif the thinking in m'sia is quite conservative, but who knows ur man may like it... biggrin.gif
catherinessc
post Jan 10 2009, 02:49 AM

On my way
541 posts

nothing weird about that, maybe she just wanted to cover some imperfection on her leg or maybe just for warmth, but there's nothing fashionably wrong.

Added on January 10, 2009, 2:53 am
QUOTE(silkygirl @ Jan 9 2009, 08:14 PM)
After wearing pantyhose for so many years, if you ask me not to wear pantyhose right now, I'll feel uncomfortable especially wearing skirt. Even go to shopping in shopping mall, I'll also wear pantyhose, but sometimes will not wear lar, but mostly will wear lar. If walking around Petaling Street, will only wear sock with sports shoe. Choose only good quality pantyhose, then you will feel very comfortable and will not feel hot at all.
wow, u r really into hosiery as if u got a pantyhose fetish, haha... i oso alwez wear pantyhose to more 'serious' occasions, like meeting someone new, to work or to party. if just normal jalan jalan in malaysia, i seldom wear, but in europe i always wear la due to cold weather.

This post has been edited by catherinessc: Jan 10 2009, 02:53 AM
catherinessc
post Dec 1 2009, 04:21 AM

On my way
541 posts

Lilynn, it's quite pretty and sexy. smile.gif where do u usually buy those? it's still not so popular in m'sia, if u wear those and walk around, ppl think u r in the 'service providing' sector. but no doubt they really can make u look more attractive if matched properly.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

i love either super sheer or some nice fashion tights with various designs... most important is the quality of the hosiery.
catherinessc
post Dec 3 2009, 06:30 AM

On my way
541 posts

QUOTE(Lilynn @ Dec 2 2009, 01:21 AM)
Yes definitely hosieries are lovely.
But I am not used to opaque leggings at all sad.gif ... So I didn't get to indulge in hoseries much when I was at Malaysia.
I am having a short study course at UK ... So buying now cause later hard to get smile.gif ...
Since I prefer seamed, low-denier ones.

Men definitely can wear them as well.

Any women who say hosieries/stockings are not meant for men should look at the history where men laughed at women for the thought of wearing pants.
It is something to be enjoyed by both sex.

My opinion only smile.gif
i guessed so, dat u r in other countries. very rare to find ppl dat like hosiery. i oso bought mine in europe. altho the price is a bit high but quality is there. those sold in m'sia are uncomparable. most girls think hosiery is a waste of money. i think it's just a technic of mix & match, do it well and hosiery will help u. of cos there are other factors as well, like i think height is very important, those tall girls looks nicer in fancy hosiery, 2nd is leg shape, we have to match according to the shape of our legs. i believe there are no ugly women, onli lazy women. those supermodels may look like a normal girl if without the hairstyle, make up and nice dresses, just that they have a nice figure. whistling.gif
like u said in m'sia, it's really hard to indulge in hosiery, i do agree. due to the weather and culture. it really depends on where u are going. most girls prefer bare legs, but i think bare legs with blemishes and shapeless are an eye sore. they just follow their 'friends' and 'trends', neva thought if the 'look' suits them. luckily my legs are nice enough but i just like the look of various hosiery matched with various dresses. icon_rolleyes.gif

P/S: u should try wolford if u have the chance and money. match it with a little black dress and u will feel sexy and classy which really help boosting self confidence. thumbup.gif
catherinessc
post Dec 21 2009, 05:01 AM

On my way
541 posts

my fav brand would be wolford for the exceptional quality and price of course tongue.gif, alwez keep them for special occasions onli. next the more economical one is calzedonia and pierre cardin. these 3 brands are alwez at the top of my shopping list while i was studying in oversea. really sad in m'sia can't find hosiery of such quality. i've oso tried sisi, omsa, levante and tranperenze, all are quite nice, just dat my personal preference is the 3 i mentioned. europeans seldom wear american brands of hosiery like leggs, spanx and etc. Italy i believe is one of the most famous country for hosiery, almost all the brands are from Italy.
catherinessc
post Jun 22 2010, 12:24 AM

On my way
541 posts

depends wat is ur budget. if u wan a cheap one which is lower quality, not so comfortable and color might be awkward... can try soxworld. if need hi quality, can search in Isetan, saw some calvin klein hosiery there. some forummers do import from UK, u can get some quality hosiery from them.
catherinessc
post Jul 15 2010, 04:27 PM

On my way
541 posts

QUOTE(~minchinini~ @ Jul 15 2010, 06:52 AM)
Wonder how does the fake garter belt looks like..
it's a pantyhose with garter belt or stocking drawing on it. making an illusion like u r wearing one.

Added on July 15, 2010, 4:30 pm
QUOTE(spangofashion @ Jul 13 2010, 05:42 PM)
i also wish to know normally how much would you willing to spend on buying legging? pantyhose?
i usually spend 20-30 on one depending on the quality.

This post has been edited by catherinessc: Jul 15 2010, 04:30 PM
catherinessc
post Aug 17 2010, 11:54 PM

On my way
541 posts

yup, a lot of girls treating hosiery as 'disposable' cos most of them wear them onli for working/requirement purposes. none of them really would wear them during off days like for outings,clubbings and etc. u would neva know till u try the real thing. it's like once u wear a real hi end shoes, u won't wanna look at those mass production ones, if u get wat i mean.

was wondering those flight attendants dat have to wear hosiery everyday, do they have extra allowance on those? or they are supplied by the airline? cos i saw those air asia flight attendants are wearing the same shade/color. while other airlines have diff color. remember one of u has frens working as flight attendant, maybe u could ask them.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0341sec    0.08    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:20 AM