Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Villa Scott Condo, Brickfields, RM 305k, worth to buy?

views

TSSowYau
post Sep 2 2008, 10:00 PM, updated 14y ago

I try to be a movie reviewer
604 posts

i am currently renting at one of the unit in the same condo, i have been trying to search for a unit for my own stay. i managed to find one via property agent, i had viewed it a few times and quite to my liking, it:

- it's a 1130 sq feet in built up
- it's a 2+1 rooms unit
- level 8 with pool view
- it's a 10 years old development
- strata title obtained
- it's managed by a reputable property management / valuer - YBR Burgess Rawson
- maintenance fee is 35 cents psf

is it worth buying?

Pain_X
post Sep 2 2008, 10:07 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

I dont know about buying the whole property,but i just went there yesterday to find a room to rent,and it seems SOOOO much better than the rest of rooms for rent in that area. Good security,good services,good location .

Rent was for RM550 a month.

Anyway back to your question,if i had money to splurge on some real estate,i would consider that biggrin.gif
Minolta
post Sep 2 2008, 11:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

Brickfields location is good. But can't help noticing the maintenance fees of 35cents/sf. That is very high, even if you add sinking fees to it. Most Mon't Kiara condos don't even charge that high, and these are high end condos with relatively low density.

minolta
TSSowYau
post Sep 3 2008, 11:27 AM

604 posts

QUOTE(Pain_X @ Sep 2 2008, 10:07 PM)
I dont know about buying the whole property,but i just went there yesterday to find a room to rent,and it seems SOOOO much better than the rest of rooms for rent in that area. Good security,good services,good location .

Rent was for RM550 a month.

Anyway back to your question,if i had money to splurge on some real estate,i would consider that biggrin.gif
the rental rate there is about RM2500 to RM 3000 for a furnished 1400 sf unit, not bad i would say!

i am sure u notice opposite villa scott, there is a nearly complete high rise condo called 633 Residency developed by YNH, it's a build-then-sell concept. i called up their sales department and they said they have not offcially launch it and also have not decide on the pricing yet, they said it should be around RM600 psf tongue.gif

QUOTE(Minolta @ Sep 2 2008, 11:10 PM)
Brickfields location is good. But can't help noticing the maintenance fees of 35cents/sf. That is very high, even if you add sinking fees to it. Most Mon't Kiara condos don't even charge that high, and these are high end condos with relatively low density.
minolta
yeah 35cents psf is inclusive of sinking fund, i agree it's a bit steep. i have been staying there for 4 years, so far i am satisfy with the property management and the security. recently there is one or two burglary incident, the management decide to tighten the security by changing the security company and access system.

i love those high rise property managed by those established valuer and property agents such as Khong and Jaafar.
Pai
post Sep 3 2008, 10:38 PM

~ Billionaire in training ~
3,318 posts

QUOTE(SowYau @ Sep 2 2008, 10:00 PM)
i am currently renting at one of the unit in the same condo, i have been trying to search for a unit for my own stay. i managed to find one via property agent, i had viewed it a few times and quite to my liking, it:

- it's a 1130 sq feet in built up
- it's a 2+1 rooms unit
- level 8 with pool view
- it's a 10 years old development
- strata title obtained
- it's managed by a reputable property management / valuer - YBR Burgess Rawson
- maintenance fee is 35 cents psf

is it worth buying?
how much r you renting it for today?

and yeah, agree with minolta that the maintenance fee is very high for a not-so-low density development.
TSSowYau
post Sep 4 2008, 04:10 PM

604 posts

QUOTE(Pai @ Sep 3 2008, 10:38 PM)
how much r you renting it for today?

and yeah, agree with minolta that the maintenance fee is very high for a not-so-low density development.
currently rent 1400 sq ft full furnished unit at RM2.5k
Pai
post Sep 4 2008, 04:29 PM

~ Billionaire in training ~
3,318 posts

At 7+% gross yield IMO, its has a decent chance to make a good investment.

VpowerZone
post Sep 4 2008, 06:09 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(SowYau @ Sep 4 2008, 04:10 PM)
currently rent 1400 sq ft full furnished unit at RM2.5k
rental is like monthly payment for 400-500k property sweat.gif
TSSowYau
post May 15 2009, 11:27 PM

604 posts

I have found one, at level 21, same size.

the price is 315k. I have bought it.
jutamind
post May 17 2009, 12:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,050 posts

are you buying for own stay or investment?

what is the typical tenant profile for Villa Scott? expat? local professionals?

QUOTE(SowYau @ May 15 2009, 11:27 PM)
I have found one, at level 21, same size.

the price is 315k. I have bought it.
TSSowYau
post May 17 2009, 02:22 PM

604 posts

QUOTE(jutamind @ May 17 2009, 12:40 AM)
are you buying for own stay or investment?

what is the typical tenant profile for Villa Scott? expat? local professionals?
it's for my own stay.

the residents here are mainly indians. Besides, quite a lot of expat consists of angmoh.

are u interested in getting one unit? smile.gif
tZZ
post May 18 2009, 01:27 PM

Casual
420 posts

Is the place noisy since surrounded by highways ? What security features do they have ?
jutamind
post May 18 2009, 11:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,050 posts

QUOTE(SowYau @ May 17 2009, 02:22 PM)
it's for my own stay.

the residents here are mainly indians. Besides, quite a lot of expat consists of angmoh.

are u interested in getting one unit? smile.gif
looking at investment opportunities. i guess the rental per month for 2+1 is around 1600 - 2200 depending on furnishing. how easy to rental those 2+1 units? hardly see any units for sale/rent in TheStar

why do u choose villa scott instead of 633 residency or scott sentral esp those 2 are much newer?

TSSowYau
post May 19 2009, 12:04 PM

604 posts

QUOTE(tZZ @ May 18 2009, 01:27 PM)
Is the place noisy since surrounded by highways ? What security features do they have ?
the sound of the traffic at jln syed putra (the one along klang river) is audible. it took me 1, 2 months to get used to it. Now i can't live without the sound of the traffic. haha! "noise" is subjective.
every morning before i go to work, from my unit, i look at the "real time" of traffic report at jln syed putra and jalan istana/jalan damansara biggrin.gif

security features are good i supposed. access card is required to enter from the lobby. every units got intercom system to the security personnel. the things i love is the management here always look for improvement here and there, like installment of cctv at a few crucial places, the enhancement of carpark entry touch point (about 1 metre from the car park access card is detactable from the touch point, thus u dont have to wind down car window every time u go in and out especially raining time.)

QUOTE(jutamind @ May 18 2009, 11:47 PM)
looking at investment opportunities. i guess the rental per month for 2+1 is around 1600 - 2200 depending on furnishing. how easy to rental those 2+1 units? hardly see any units for sale/rent in TheStar

why do u choose villa scott instead of 633 residency or scott sentral esp those 2 are much newer?
i guess u know the monorail station is 5 mins walking distance. it's a huge plus point. i think u should have no problem of renting out your unit. the rate u mentioned is spot on.

the developer of 633 is a bit funny, they didnt launch their sales, before build, and MONTHS after building COMPLETION, they didnt make any effort to advertise! I did call YNH last year, they told me the starting price will be more than RM500 psf but actual price not confirmed, i was like WTF, the building is 80% completed and they havent decide on the pricing. i guess they are waiting for the right time to sell it, but any way it's out of my budget.

villa scott is fetching half the price of 633 just sitting next to it, although it's 10 years old.

scott sentral is serviced apartment and the it's out of my budget as well.

This post has been edited by SowYau: May 19 2009, 12:11 PM
jutamind
post May 19 2009, 03:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,050 posts

QUOTE(SowYau @ May 19 2009, 12:04 PM)
the sound of the traffic at jln syed putra (the one along klang river) is audible. it took me 1, 2 months to get used to it. Now i can't live without the sound of the traffic. haha!  "noise" is subjective.
every morning before i go to work, from my unit, i look at the "real time" of traffic report at jln syed putra and jalan istana/jalan damansara  biggrin.gif

security features are good i supposed. access card is required to enter from the lobby. every units got intercom system to the security personnel. the things i love is the management here always look for improvement here and there, like installment of cctv at a few crucial places, the enhancement of carpark entry touch point (about 1 metre from the car park access card is detactable from the touch point, thus u dont have to wind down car window every time u go in and out especially raining time.)
i guess u know the monorail station is 5 mins walking distance. it's a huge plus point. i think u should have no problem of renting out your unit. the rate u mentioned is spot on.

the developer of 633 is a bit funny, they didnt launch their sales, before build, and MONTHS after building COMPLETION, they didnt make any effort to advertise! I did call YNH last year, they told me the starting price will be more than RM500 psf but actual price not confirmed, i was like WTF, the building is 80% completed and they havent decide on the pricing. i guess they are waiting for the right time to sell it, but any way it's out of my budget.

villa scott is fetching half the price of 633 just sitting next to it, although it's 10 years old.

scott sentral is serviced apartment and the it's out of my budget as well.
Hi SowYau,

Thanks for the good info. Appreciate that very much.

I know where is Villa Scott but havent been around the place for sometime. Do you see many units for sale/to let in the notice board in the condo? Do you know of any agents that specialize in Villa Scott?

How much is the assessment fee/quit rent for your unit per year? From your view point, are those staying in the condo consist mainly of professionals?

Is there any web site for Villa Scott? Cant seem to find what is the total units in the condo.

TSSowYau
post May 21 2009, 10:58 AM

604 posts

QUOTE(jutamind @ May 19 2009, 03:21 PM)
Hi SowYau,

Thanks for the good info. Appreciate that very much.

I know where is Villa Scott but havent been around the place for sometime. Do you see many units for sale/to let in the notice board in the condo? Do you know of any agents that specialize in Villa Scott?

How much is the assessment fee/quit rent for your unit per year? From your view point, are those staying in the condo consist mainly of professionals?

Is there any web site for Villa Scott? Cant seem to find what is the total units in the condo.
Ok smile.gif

I don't know any agent that specialize in villa scott.

before getting this unit, i have view a few other, example,
- Block B, 8th floor RM305k, i like it very much but unfortunately the owner decided don't want to sell.
- Block A, 10th floor RM305k, the unit's condition is not that good, plus the so-called property agent was acting a bit strange, so call off the deal.

assessment fee, i dont know how much, but it's based on residential rate.
Quit rent, i have no idea, but should not cost u more than RM30 becos the fee is divide proportionately among the purchaser.

no official website or resident's website from scott villa.

rajak01
post Jul 8 2009, 01:44 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(SowYau @ May 21 2009, 10:58 AM)
Ok smile.gif

I don't know any agent that specialize in villa scott.

before getting this unit, i have view a few other, example,
- Block B, 8th floor RM305k, i like it very much but unfortunately the owner decided don't want to sell.
- Block A, 10th floor RM305k, the unit's condition is not that good, plus the so-called property agent was acting a bit strange, so call off the deal.

assessment fee, i dont know how much, but it's based on residential rate.
Quit rent, i have no idea, but should not cost u more than RM30 becos the fee is divide proportionately among the purchaser.

no official website or resident's website from scott villa.
Hi,

Can you please let me know the how to contact the Block A, 10th floor RM305k seller? i am interested to buy it please. My phone 012-3847961

This post has been edited by rajak01: Jul 8 2009, 01:46 PM
TSSowYau
post Jul 9 2009, 11:23 AM

604 posts

QUOTE(rajak01 @ Jul 8 2009, 01:44 PM)
Hi,

Can you please let me know the how to contact the Block A, 10th floor RM305k seller? i am interested to buy it please. My phone 012-3847961
His name is Ravi, i will PM u his number. apart from this unit, i believe he got a few others. REMINDER TO U: Deal with him with caution.

Another unit owner i get know is at Block D 7th Floor, 2+1 rooms, the condition of the unit is much much better. His name is Gana.
bengyson
post Feb 24 2011, 11:45 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

Hi, I have unit at Villa Scott for rent.

Pls browse http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1726807

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th January 2023 - 12:27 PM