Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Villa Scott Condo, Brickfields, RM 305k, worth to buy?

views

jutamind
post May 17 2009, 12:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,203 posts

are you buying for own stay or investment?

what is the typical tenant profile for Villa Scott? expat? local professionals?

QUOTE(SowYau @ May 15 2009, 11:27 PM)
I have found one, at level 21, same size.

the price is 315k. I have bought it.
jutamind
post May 18 2009, 11:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,203 posts

QUOTE(SowYau @ May 17 2009, 02:22 PM)
it's for my own stay.

the residents here are mainly indians. Besides, quite a lot of expat consists of angmoh.

are u interested in getting one unit? smile.gif
looking at investment opportunities. i guess the rental per month for 2+1 is around 1600 - 2200 depending on furnishing. how easy to rental those 2+1 units? hardly see any units for sale/rent in TheStar

why do u choose villa scott instead of 633 residency or scott sentral esp those 2 are much newer?

jutamind
post May 19 2009, 03:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,203 posts

QUOTE(SowYau @ May 19 2009, 12:04 PM)
the sound of the traffic at jln syed putra (the one along klang river) is audible. it took me 1, 2 months to get used to it. Now i can't live without the sound of the traffic. haha!  "noise" is subjective.
every morning before i go to work, from my unit, i look at the "real time" of traffic report at jln syed putra and jalan istana/jalan damansara  biggrin.gif

security features are good i supposed. access card is required to enter from the lobby. every units got intercom system to the security personnel. the things i love is the management here always look for improvement here and there, like installment of cctv at a few crucial places, the enhancement of carpark entry touch point (about 1 metre from the car park access card is detactable from the touch point, thus u dont have to wind down car window every time u go in and out especially raining time.)
i guess u know the monorail station is 5 mins walking distance. it's a huge plus point. i think u should have no problem of renting out your unit. the rate u mentioned is spot on.

the developer of 633 is a bit funny, they didnt launch their sales, before build, and MONTHS after building COMPLETION, they didnt make any effort to advertise! I did call YNH last year, they told me the starting price will be more than RM500 psf but actual price not confirmed, i was like WTF, the building is 80% completed and they havent decide on the pricing. i guess they are waiting for the right time to sell it, but any way it's out of my budget.

villa scott is fetching half the price of 633 just sitting next to it, although it's 10 years old.

scott sentral is serviced apartment and the it's out of my budget as well.
Hi SowYau,

Thanks for the good info. Appreciate that very much.

I know where is Villa Scott but havent been around the place for sometime. Do you see many units for sale/to let in the notice board in the condo? Do you know of any agents that specialize in Villa Scott?

How much is the assessment fee/quit rent for your unit per year? From your view point, are those staying in the condo consist mainly of professionals?

Is there any web site for Villa Scott? Cant seem to find what is the total units in the condo.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:02 PM