Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Bandung

views

slaveone
post Nov 20 2013, 11:27 AM

Regular
1,180 posts

QUOTE(GravityFi3ld @ Nov 19 2013, 05:15 PM)
laugh.gif need to organize when is the right time to smile.gif
Was thinking if anyone did it before, maybe can tell what are the interesting things to see & do at both Bandung & Bali, one shot settle double Bs.  laugh.gif
Roughly the idea is to relax & sightsee around in Bali for 3-4days then head to Bandung for the last 3days to shop shop shop & makan makan.

Any particular season/months to avoid other than the fasting/raya period? There's beach at Bali, so might avoid monsoon seasons too sweat.gif
avoid school holidays as well
slaveone
post Nov 20 2013, 11:32 AM

Regular
1,180 posts

QUOTE(cradle0fFilth @ Nov 19 2013, 05:03 PM)
Hi,

I plan to stay 3 nights (early Dec) at a hostel in Jl Braga. According to the review, it is situated at a strategic location (i read it is walking distant to major sights and shopping area?), thus easier for a lone traveler like me to go around the town.

During my stay, i also plan to attend a concert at Eldorado, The Venue Concert Hall.

I would like to know:

1. Is there any 'backpacker street' in Bandung? Is Jl Braga consider as 1? if not, can any of you pls recommend?

2. Is the street lively at night? if i want to go for supper, cafes or pubs at night, will there be a good place to start?

3. As i noted the distance between Jl Braga to Eldorado, The Venue Concert Hall is a bit far, i would need to take a cab to and back. Is this Eldorado a famous place? Will cab drivers recognize this place?

4. Will i have any trouble getting back to town? Should i be worried about getting a cab after the show? The concert finishes proximately 9.30pm (estimation)

Thanks guys!
Jalan Braga is quite far. Need to get a cab to go around. Maybe just 2-3 pubs at Jalan Braga.
slaveone
post Dec 3 2019, 08:46 AM

Regular
1,180 posts

QUOTE(doremon @ Dec 2 2019, 08:57 PM)
Hi guys. Going bandung this wednesday. Any idea how to get wifi ? To get their sim card there or purchase pocket wifi at oir airport ?
i used local sim, but this is way back then
slaveone
post Dec 3 2019, 08:53 AM

Regular
1,180 posts

QUOTE(doremon @ Dec 3 2019, 08:47 AM)
that is if you wanna share with multiple users. else i'd get a local sim

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.3285sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:56 PM