Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home-Applicances] Ceiling Fan, KDK, Panasonic, Euro Uno, Mistral Household

views

SUSleechers
post Feb 7 2012, 09:50 PM

Casual
373 posts

my apartment have a low ceiling. please advice on what model is suitable for low ceiling.
SUSleechers
post Feb 10 2012, 01:43 AM

Casual
373 posts

Just measure my ceiling and the lowest is 7.9 ft. Each ceiling have different height, i dunno why. Perhaps because of plaster ceiling.

Problem i faced right now is low ceiling, all of ceiling installed with conventional ceiling fan hook. Is it possible to take out the hook and replace it with ball joint mount so i can installed baby fan from kdk? Should i cut the plaster ceiling?
SUSleechers
post Feb 10 2012, 08:57 AM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(adrianjc @ Feb 10 2012, 03:03 AM)
Ended up getting Panasonic Nami Jr ceiling fan's for my house. Problem is that my ceiling is a little low but the Nami fan fits in just well and is way cheaper than the KDK alternatives which had more functions and were more expensive.

user posted image

Bought the fans from Legend SS2 at RM385 each.
adrian, what is the height of your ceiling, measure from floor to ceiling? and when installed this nami fan, can you touch the fan?
SUSleechers
post Feb 10 2012, 10:04 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(adrianjc @ Feb 10 2012, 06:13 PM)
My floor to ceiling height is about 9.5 feet. I can't touch the fan at that height.
The height of the actual fan itself is about 13 inches, its not as high as the normal fans which are about 18 inches.
9.5 ft is a good clearance. mine is 7.9ft.. i am in dilemma whether to install ceiling fan or not.
SUSleechers
post Feb 12 2012, 12:09 AM

Casual
373 posts

Thanks for the advice. Actually 7.9ft is the lowest height out of all three rooms and living hall. No problem for living hall i think since it is more than 8ft. I am more concern about safety. And if i scretch up my hands i will definitely touch the fan since i am a tall person. Will think again on how to solve this problem. to put or not to put.

Added on February 12, 2012, 12:15 amJust to share out, just found out that the culprit of my low ceiling is because of 8 inch downlight. According to my uncle who did all those wirings, he chose 8inch because it will be easier for me to change bulb later on. Got much more low length downlight but will get a little tricky to change bulb for noob like me. Damn. He should consult me first before going with such setup. Anyway lesson learned.

This post has been edited by leechers: Feb 12 2012, 12:15 AM
SUSleechers
post Feb 12 2012, 03:43 PM

Casual
373 posts

Now really stressed. Yes my uncle put such downlight so as for easier maintenance. Vertical type just take out easily if want to change bulb. Just proceed without further check since i think wont differ much.

Anyway everything done now. Just now discuss with my uncle he suggest to put a decorative light on that suppose to be ceiling fan placing. I think that is a good alternative. Will buy standing fan

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0715sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:13 AM