Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Tomato/Victek's Tomato Firmware Club, Victek himself is here to help you !

availyboy
post Jul 5 2011, 12:45 PM
So Prettay!
Group: Senior Member

Does it work for
Belkin F7D3402ak ??...
Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
locolyric
post Aug 13 2011, 08:54 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

hi, i am using victek tomato on buffalo g54 .
What ever version i am using, every time i need to play steam games. I need to restart the router, or the steam can't even connect .

Any solution for this?
+Quote Post
arct
post Aug 24 2011, 07:09 PM
Casual

QUOTE(locolyric @ Aug 13 2011, 08:54 PM)
hi, i am using victek tomato on buffalo g54 .
What ever version i am using, every time i need to play steam games. I need to restart the router, or the steam can't even connect .

Any solution for this?
same thing happened to me. for my case, steam has to be the first app to run on every fresh restart. if i'd opened any browsers / torrent clients or anything before i run steam, it wont connect.
+Quote Post
eaststyler
post Nov 3 2011, 09:32 AM
Getting Started

user posted image

user posted image

time appear if use STREAMYX line but disappear when use SCHOOLNET...anyone can help me solve this problem.. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
cosmicmeadow
post Nov 4 2011, 01:40 PM
Getting Started

Hi there,

I have a ASUS RT-N12 running an old std version of tomato USB, bridged to the Unifi DIR-615 crap router. Now I want to upgrade to the VPN version. Main reason is I bought an Apple TV and want to view netflix. Can someone please help recommend which version, where to download from and how to migrate the firmware (backup existing, flash and restore old image when needed)....

Thank you in advance....
+Quote Post
locolyric
post Jan 2 2012, 09:38 PM
Getting Started

how do we setup so we can use with unifi?
+Quote Post
Kanuki
post Jan 29 2012, 02:32 PM
Getting Started

Hi... there

Really need you guys to help here. I was trying to use my RT-N16 with DD-WRT firmware
for my Unifi but it was not successful. It seemed like RT-N16 with DD-WRT firmware doesn't
support vlan2.500 tagging properly. It always reverted back from vlan2.500 to vlan2 for
my WAN port. Sometime It didn't show vlan2.500 at my WAN port at all. Even though I
opened other tab for a minute or 2 then click back at 'Networking' tab to check on on my VLAN.

TomatoUSB firmware seem like a last resource for me to use the customer firmware on
my RT-N16 but I'm not familiar with this firmware at all. I'm not sure whether it can support
VLAN tagging (vlanX.500) for my Unifi or not.

It would be much appropriated if you guys give me some guide.

Best Regards
Kanuki

+Quote Post
hahaboy
post Jul 26 2012, 11:09 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(Kanuki @ Jan 29 2012, 02:32 PM)
Hi... there

Really need you guys to help here. I was trying to use my RT-N16 with DD-WRT firmware
for my Unifi but it was not successful. It seemed like RT-N16 with DD-WRT firmware doesn't
support vlan2.500 tagging properly. It always reverted back from vlan2.500 to vlan2 for
my WAN port. Sometime It didn't show vlan2.500 at my WAN port at all. Even though I
opened other tab for a minute or 2 then click back at 'Networking' tab to check on on my VLAN.

TomatoUSB firmware seem like a last resource for me to use the customer firmware on
my RT-N16 but I'm not familiar with this firmware at all. I'm not sure whether it can support
VLAN tagging (vlanX.500) for my Unifi or not.

It would be much appropriated if you guys give me some guide.

Best Regards
Kanuki
same with me facing this problems, ill using tomatousb teaman mod to try later

Added on July 27, 2012, 12:04 amYES !!!! tomatoUSB can use with unifi !

This post has been edited by hahaboy: Jul 27 2012, 12:04 AM
+Quote Post
digilife
post Dec 10 2012, 02:08 PM
The MNP guy, its me yeah.

I just found this thread sweat.gif

I wan to ask, does Asus RT-N16 on TomatoUSB supports USB Modem like Huawei E372/E398 or ZTE MF680?

Thanks
+Quote Post
Vista-X
post Dec 11 2012, 06:33 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(digilife @ Dec 10 2012, 02:08 PM)
I just found this thread  sweat.gif

I wan to ask, does Asus RT-N16 on TomatoUSB supports USB Modem like Huawei E372/E398 or ZTE MF680?

Thanks
Im using tomato by shibby v1.10 (old version) on my RT-N12. It's so user friendly compare to dd-wrt.
Follow this link for guide and firmware. (i recommend u read tru it) better be save than brick ur N-16.
http://moonlightknighthk.wordpress.com/201...on-asus-router/

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
digilife
post Dec 11 2012, 06:37 PM

QUOTE(Vista-X @ Dec 11 2012, 06:33 PM)
Im using tomato by shibby v1.10 (old version) on my RT-N12. It's so user friendly compare to dd-wrt.
Follow this link for guide and firmware. (i recommend u read tru it) better be save than brick ur N-16.
http://moonlightknighthk.wordpress.com/201...on-asus-router/
Thank You bro

btw, have you tried it with usb modems before?

notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
Vista-X
post Dec 11 2012, 06:41 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(digilife @ Dec 11 2012, 06:37 PM)
Thank You bro

btw, have you tried it with usb modems before?

notworthy.gif
nope bro, i only got n-12. there's alot of discusion on n16 on that site guess u need to do some reading tonight =P.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
digilife
post Dec 11 2012, 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Vista-X @ Dec 11 2012, 06:41 PM)
nope bro, i only got n-12. there's alot of discusion on n16 on that site guess u need to do some reading tonight =P.
thumbup.gif notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
Victek
post Feb 7 2013, 01:29 PM
Group: New Member

Ok Guys, back with new versions, Changelog:

As most of you know Tomato RAF it's stable, no fancy features, just rock solid.
In 9013 series (13 is due to Y'13) I corrected some of the bugs still present in Tomato Firmwares and updated most of the modules, ipatables 1.40, BusyBox 1.20.
Also added from release 1.1 Siproxd to use VoIP phones (up to 128 phones), Nodogspalsh will replace Nocasplash and also Lighttpd will be included as standard feature.

Enjoy!
+Quote Post
lamode
post Jun 30 2013, 12:07 AM
anything could happen!

QUOTE(Victek @ Feb 7 2013, 01:29 PM)

In 9013 series (13 is due to Y'13) I corrected some of the bugs still present in Tomato Firmwares and updated most of the modules, ipatables 1.40, BusyBox 1.20.
Also added from release 1.1 Siproxd to use VoIP phones (up to 128 phones), Nodogspalsh will replace Nocasplash and also Lighttpd will be included as standard feature.

Enjoy!
waiting for the stable v.1.2 here rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Jul 9 2013, 06:32 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Victek @ Feb 7 2013, 01:29 PM)

Enjoy!
hi victek.

any news when TOMATO RAF Firmware 2013 r.1.3 is released ? your website says end of june. But now is already July :}

Also i wanted to ask in regards to my Linksys E4200, has the RAF tomato firmware ironed out issues pertaining to 5ghz wireless yet ?

I'm using it now using the Tomato RAF 1.28.9013 beta firmware for e4200 v1, and it seems to work. But i'm not an expert so i'm not sure if the kinks have been ironed out in terms of performance for it :}

PS: yes looking through the feature set, i can't see anything your version of tomato misses. However is it possible to increase concurrent connections allowed for my linksys e4200 ? or should i keep it at the default 3k ? Because according to smallnetbuilders, the e4200 is capable of more concurrent connections when using the default firmware. so i was wondering if it's safe to increase this value manually ? and if so to what number ? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
Alpha Wolf
post Oct 25 2013, 09:11 AM
Getting Started

QUOTE(prasys @ Jun 20 2008, 02:02 PM)
Then i came across with Tomato. At first after trying it out , it seems to be lacking of something. Eventually , I fell in love with it as its simple , easy to use and has a superb QoS functionality (you'll only get that sort of QoS if you pay for the DD-WRT firmware)
QUOTE(kitsuna @ Jun 20 2008, 02:18 PM)
jump from DD-WRT to Tomato mainly because they do not provide speed control in the QoS (DD-WRT need to purchase special edition to have that sort of features)

Tomato may lack some features
but for home usage, it serve me well

after using quite some time, i do agree that Tomato are much lighter than DD-WRT (especially v24 standard)
DD-WRT offers an array of types such as micro, standard, nokaid, mega, big, etc so you could choose how much or how little features you need. Most features can be disabled within the web gui so you can have the most feature rich build but enable features only as you need them so that it runs as lightweight as possible.

I feel that the "special paid version" of dd-wrt has been a misconception and added features of QoS can be configured via cli. Also, the later builts include them directly in the web interface. For example, per IP or MAC address speed limits. Now these are hard coded limits and not QoS priority which are subjected to variability. Once set at a particular speed, the client will never be able to achieve anything higher than that:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

+Quote Post
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Oct 13 2014, 08:52 AM
Look at all my stars!!

any1 know if the raf works yet for Unifi ipv6 ?

i have to use a work around to get ipv6 to works, and even that requires a 15minute wait time before it actually works on boot.
+Quote Post
Onmartin
post Nov 18 2016, 04:52 PM
Group: New Member

Hi Victek
I am having trouble flashing my buffalo wbr-g54 with tomato RAF.
I have flashed it from manufacturers image to open-wrn ok.
I then us e the gui in open-wrn to flash tomato RAF. It completes process but then I get no reply from any address I try ( I set my nic to an address within the subnet ) I have tried 192.168.11.1, 192.168.1.1, and 192.168.0.1.
I have tried connecting on all lans and wan ports
Any idea where I'm going wrong? ( I think it does an nvram flash clear at after copying over in open wrn
I have tried flashing straight with tftp too.
Any help would be much appreciated

This post has been edited by Onmartin: Nov 18 2016, 04:54 PM
+Quote Post

47 Pages « < 45 46 47Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1010sec    5.02    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 11:30 PM