Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Steven's Corner Brand New Look, what if it looks like coffee bean?

views

kimhoong
post Jul 3 2008, 01:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
5,154 posts

I agree on getting the legal issue sorted before going messy into the business operation.

In fact, I am curious on one issue. As this has been checked by SC and BNM, why not these two bodies do not continue the investigation to validate the business nature?

For your information, my elder brother's friend has invested "some" money into it and my elder brother seems to be interested as well. I am trying to get some legal information on this here.

Thanks.
kimhoong
post Jul 3 2008, 09:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
5,154 posts

siliconwiper.com,

I do not have the chance to look at any contract. That's the reason why I am concerned about it as my elder brother seems interested.

So, this is NOT an investment. This is NOT a MLM business.

What is it? Let me guess, it is a PERSONAL AGREEMENT between the "individual" and STG?

So, "IF" anything bad happens legally, it will only be a civil case, NOT a crime case.

I know that I am having a lot of "assumptions" here. Correct me if I am wrong smile.gif
kimhoong
post Jul 5 2008, 01:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
5,154 posts

I found something worth thinking from this thread:

I think 20% "profit" per annum is "a great business" although I am not a businessman.

Question: Why not getting bank loan straightaway to avoid all the fuss?

Possible Answer:
1. Bank loan is not possible ? Why?
2. To gain more publicity ? Why RM3K? - it's not a small amount and may be backfired
3. Because it is "responsible-less" (if anything wrong with the business, just "cabut" - well, there is such a "possibility")
4. < open to opinion >

QUOTE(chatwarrior @ Jul 4 2008, 02:27 PM)
kimhoong,

All MLM and Investment Scams have some common tricks:

a) No one force you to pay;
b) Before you pay, they will not caution or advise you to read the terms and conditions. After you paid, they will remind you to read the conditions yourself.

Ask for your brother's payment; he knows best whether he was told to pay with any degree of investment or not. Why not you ask him what makes him joined and let us know ?

Please ask him whether he was told the marketing plan and that he can make money by recruiting others ?

Make sure you remind him NOT to bring in other victims. Just take the money paid as a good lesson fee and eat as fast as he can to get his value back but DISCREETLY.
Too bad. My elder brother is at hometown (not quite far from KL) and has little knowledge on what's happening around. That's the main reason he asked for my opinion.

He told me the plan is about RM3K investment with RM150 return per month (for each RM3K investment) for 5 years (~RM9K after 5 years). He was told it's about Steven's Corner. That's the information he has.

Yes, I know my elder brother is ill-informed but I think his other friends are not any better.

This post has been edited by kimhoong: Jul 5 2008, 04:00 PM
kimhoong
post Jul 5 2008, 05:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
5,154 posts

My Question and Possible Answers were meant to reflect the possible reasons why they do not go for typical BANK LOAN. Why do I so? Because it sounds fishy that they are doing what they are doing INSTEAD of getting a bank loan for "proper" business startup. smile.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0559sec    0.84    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:28 PM