7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Can't find your thread? It's probably here!, Super-N00b FAQ/Q&A Thread

views

pikacu
post Mar 23 2008, 02:39 AM

male tag rosak
7,740 posts

my noob question..can i use FRAPS to capture video when im doing work at Desktop? not in-game..

calvynlee
post Mar 25 2008, 07:04 PM

Digital Marketing Trainer
1,997 posts

I have few list of email mailing list, some in word, some in excel and some in notepad

I do believe some of them are redundant.

Any one have email management software, which able manage and keep all the email record to eliminate the redundant or duplicate?

mind to recommend? shareware or freeware also no problem, but prefer free la
TSAsenDURE
post Mar 25 2008, 10:52 PM

je suis desole. je n'y crois pas a ces conneries!!
Group Icon
VIP
2,496 posts

QUOTE(calvynlee @ Mar 25 2008, 07:04 PM)
I have few list of email mailing list, some in word, some in excel and some in notepad

I do believe some of them are redundant.

Any one have email management software, which able manage and keep all the email record to eliminate the redundant or duplicate?

mind to recommend? shareware or freeware also no problem, but prefer free la
you have email address 'jotted' down in word, excel and notepad. you want a system to extract the emails from these different file formats, compare them and organize them for you? sorry, no such thing as magic.

just copy the address from doc and notepad and paste them into excel then do a sort/pivot table to sort thru the duplicates. then with this new clean list in excel format, add them to your personal address book (windows) or outlook address book or whatever mail client you're using.

daytonatkf
post Mar 28 2008, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
178 posts

just reformat pc, using winXP, already online update everything, now having this problem:
before this when other pc remote desktop to my pc, my id or current user will still be on, but now after done everything, when another user trying to remote desktop to my pc, current user which is me, need to log off first then the user can login, trying to set for multiuser to log into my pc at a time. thanks for reply
snorlax
post Mar 28 2008, 03:12 PM

Sleeper
1,308 posts

XP Pro only provides for one Terminal Services session. You need Windows Server for extra sessions.

Alternately, go online and google termsrv.dll patch for XP. Some people patched that to allow up to 3 sessions. I have that working on my desktop. Good luck.
limhongwoon
post Mar 29 2008, 11:34 PM

Intel Certified - COre I7
2,892 posts

can somebody help me to do sharing folder option back to default from below picture:

user posted image
dfcloud
post Mar 30 2008, 06:53 AM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

a question here,
whenever we defrag ouf partition, the data was moved right?
so wat happen if we are downloading sumtin at the same time to that partition for eg. torrent
ham_revilo
post Apr 1 2008, 05:49 AM

I
6,583 posts

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Mar 30 2008, 06:53 AM)
a question here,
whenever we defrag ouf partition, the data was moved right?
so wat happen if we are downloading sumtin at the same time to that partition for eg. torrent
nothing will happen.... defrag doesnt really actually move those files.... it just rearrange ur files but it will still be in the same place... but if u want the best possible result stop all ur dl before u defrag but for me, i just defrag while i download... laugh.gif

anyway here is some good explanation on defrag...

This post has been edited by ham_revilo: Apr 1 2008, 05:53 AM
dfcloud
post Apr 2 2008, 10:40 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

QUOTE(ham_revilo @ Apr 1 2008, 05:49 AM)
nothing will happen.... defrag doesnt really actually move those files.... it just rearrange ur files but it will still be in the same place...  but if u want the best possible result stop all ur dl before u defrag but for me, i just defrag while i download... laugh.gif

anyway here is some good explanation on defrag...
thx
im trying auslogic disc defrag i got from the vids
SkYY
post Apr 3 2008, 09:43 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

im couldnt find answer for this so i'll ask here i guess. is it normal that the computer make a irritating sound when i mount an ISO and play the game using the image and not the disc? the noise sounded like harddisk kena scratch like that or something which makes me very uncomfortable..
ham_revilo
post Apr 3 2008, 11:09 AM

I
6,583 posts

QUOTE(SkYY @ Apr 3 2008, 09:43 AM)
im couldnt find answer for this so i'll ask here i guess. is it normal that the computer make a irritating sound when i mount an ISO and play the game using the image and not the disc? the noise sounded like harddisk kena scratch like that or something which makes me very uncomfortable..
where does the sound comes from?? from ur hard disk??
afaik ur hard disk shouldnt make any noise... if thats the case then ur hard disk may have problems....
SkYY
post Apr 3 2008, 04:03 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(ham_revilo @ Apr 3 2008, 12:09 PM)
where does the sound comes from?? from ur hard disk??
afaik ur hard disk shouldnt make any noise... if thats the case then ur hard disk may have problems....
i couldnt sure where the sound come from even i open my casing. there is a sound like when you try to scratch a cd using a sharp thing like that.

straight forward: will a pc make any sound/noise if i play game using an image mounting on daemon tool?
Foxngn
post Apr 3 2008, 07:58 PM

sup,nikka
1,111 posts

Hi, i would like to ask, if i mount an iso into a virtual drive using Alcohol120%, then i open my Nero, & then i copy the file from virtual drive to the Nero there burn, will there be any problem doing this , will i be facing any data loss in the process also ?
TSAsenDURE
post Apr 3 2008, 09:25 PM

je suis desole. je n'y crois pas a ces conneries!!
Group Icon
VIP
2,496 posts

QUOTE(limhongwoon @ Mar 29 2008, 11:34 PM)
can somebody help me to do sharing folder option back to default from below picture:

user posted image
turn off simple file sharing
1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
3. In the Advanced Settings section, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box.
4. Click OK.

QUOTE(Foxngn @ Apr 3 2008, 07:58 PM)
Hi, i would like to ask, if i mount an iso into a virtual drive using Alcohol120%, then i open my Nero, & then i copy the file from virtual drive to the Nero there burn, will there be any problem doing this , will i be facing any data loss in the process also ?
no problem. burning tips apply. eg. not too high speed, etc.
ham_revilo
post Apr 4 2008, 12:22 AM

I
6,583 posts

QUOTE(SkYY @ Apr 3 2008, 04:03 PM)
i couldnt sure where the sound come from even i open my casing. there is a sound like when you try to scratch a cd using a sharp thing like that.

straight forward: will a pc make any sound/noise if i play game using an image mounting on daemon tool?
afaik a pc should make any noise unless from fans.... no matter what u do (playing games, watching movie and etc....) ur pc shouldnt make any noise and especially noise like u describe... scratching sound on a cd looks very serious for me and i think most probably its ur HDD coz my fren once have this sound and his pc always crash... and that sound is coming out from the HDD....

maybe its time to take ur HDD go RMA....
SkYY
post Apr 5 2008, 11:01 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(ham_revilo @ Apr 4 2008, 01:22 AM)
afaik a pc should make any noise unless from fans.... no matter what u do (playing games, watching movie and etc....) ur pc shouldnt make any noise and especially noise like u describe... scratching sound on a cd looks very serious for me and i think most probably its ur HDD coz my fren once have this sound and his pc always crash... and that sound is coming out from the HDD....

maybe its time to take ur HDD go RMA....
thanks man smile.gif
kinda worry bout that sound now i'll look into the matter seriously and stop mounting image for now.
ham_revilo
post Apr 5 2008, 08:03 PM

I
6,583 posts

QUOTE(SkYY @ Apr 5 2008, 11:01 AM)
thanks man smile.gif
kinda worry bout that sound now i'll look into the matter seriously and stop mounting image for now.
but its really strange because it only happen when u mount image.... wonder y is like that hmm.gif
SkYY
post Apr 6 2008, 11:15 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(ham_revilo @ Apr 5 2008, 09:03 PM)
but its really strange because it only happen when u mount image.... wonder y is like that hmm.gif
only after i mount and playing the game from the image. if mounting only its ok.. well i dunno why either.. any program to check whats the problem?
ankiesiau
post Apr 6 2008, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

i want to make a windows vista cd in a iso image because i want to install it in the vmware workstation version 6.Can any pro one to teach me?
asellus
post Apr 6 2008, 01:44 PM

#gompusas
Group Icon
Elite
4,541 posts

Use programs like CloneCD or MagicISO and you can make an image out of your Windows CD.

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:20 PM