Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Toys RC 1/16 Tanks, Any collectors?

views

TSSadistic Reaper
post Jan 24 2008, 02:23 PM, updated 11y ago

47 posts

Hi all, i'm not sure if there's a thread for this since i don't think i seen any for several pages. I recently purchased a RC 1/16 Tiger I tank (i'm a big avid fan to tanks) and i was wondering if anyone have collected these RC tanks? I look forward to collect a few more like King Tiger and Leopard tanks (i hope they release a Maus). I learnt that these RC tanks can be equipped with the Battle System, does anyone know where to get it in KL? There's also a few questions to the RC tanks collectors like, how much abuse can the tank take in rough terrains (open grounds)? Also, is there any place that sells metal RC tanks? Those babies can crush a toy car! rclxms.gif

user posted image

For those who don't have any knowledge about them, they can fire BB pellets (6 mm size) and according to their manuals, up to the range of 25 to 30 meters (i'm not sure if it's true or not but i'm gonna test it out tonight). It has some lighting and various sound effects from starting the engines, to firing the turret (with shock effect) and machinegun sounds.

user posted image

The drums behind the tank generates smoke. A very nice cosmetic effect there thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Sadistic Reaper: Jan 24 2008, 02:33 PM
ahhoe80
post Jan 24 2008, 02:36 PM

Casual
404 posts

kewl stuff u got there man. What brand issit?

** can you recommend some 1/6th vehicles for me also? im looking for something like a SUV, van or a 4 wheel drive.
TSSadistic Reaper
post Jan 24 2008, 03:29 PM

47 posts

Sorry to say that i couldn't recommend you SUVs, vans or 4 wheel drives coz i'm not familiar with those though. sad.gif

If it's about tanks and if you want all the nifty functions, i say go for Tamiya's since they have the "Full Option" functions. But if you couldn't afford those, try Heng Long's, they're in a affordable price range with similar functions.

If it's possible if there's anyone that knows any shops that sells upgradable tank parts, it'll be great for my tank to get metal tracks and wheels. drool.gif

This post has been edited by Sadistic Reaper: Jan 24 2008, 03:40 PM
king99
post Jan 24 2008, 04:10 PM

Regular
1,153 posts

How Much Budget RM300
TSSadistic Reaper
post Jan 24 2008, 04:25 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(king99 @ Jan 24 2008, 04:10 PM)
How Much Budget RM300
RM 300 is more than enough to get a Heng Long's tank. I got mine for RM 260 biggrin.gif
BikerVoodoo
post Jan 28 2008, 08:12 PM

Casual
448 posts

I always wanted the Tamiya Sherman tank ...
daniel_lai96
post Jan 29 2008, 12:59 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

why don't u guy collect 1/1 biggrin.gif
TSSadistic Reaper
post Jan 29 2008, 11:55 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(BikerVoodoo @ Jan 28 2008, 08:12 PM)
I always wanted the Tamiya Sherman tank ...
From i seen so far, they got a M41A3 Bulldog and Pershing tanks for Heng Long's brand. biggrin.gif

*My bad, it's not a Sherman, i read it wrong tongue.gif

QUOTE(daniel_lai96 @ Jan 29 2008, 12:59 AM)
why don't u guy collect 1/1 biggrin.gif
Whoa, are you kidding me? blink.gif
Scale of 1/4 of a metal RC tank cost about 16 thousand pounds lol
Sure, it looks very cool and you can ride on it but i can't even fit it in my room! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sadistic Reaper: Jan 29 2008, 02:11 PM
vincentlee
post Jan 29 2008, 01:13 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
2,108 posts

do you have to build and paint it yourself? or readily made? i like German tanks as well.
TSSadistic Reaper
post Jan 29 2008, 02:07 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(vincentlee @ Jan 29 2008, 01:13 PM)
do you have to build and paint it yourself? or readily made? i like German tanks as well.
Yup, it comes readily made biggrin.gif
There's Panzer III, Leopard, Panther and Tiger I. Apparently, they'll gonna release a few more variations like Tiger I's mid to late production models, King Tiger, Panver IV and a Sturmgeschutz III.

But if you preffer to do some modding to your RC tank, it's also possible. smile.gif
Visit http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ under the Tank's section for modding tips biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sadistic Reaper: Jan 29 2008, 02:11 PM
daniel_lai96
post Jan 29 2008, 02:07 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

1/1 they can't even fit your house door. biggrin.gif ROOM? doh.gif

This post has been edited by daniel_lai96: Jan 29 2008, 02:08 PM
frozenthrone
post Jan 29 2008, 07:08 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(Sadistic Reaper @ Jan 24 2008, 04:25 PM)
RM 300 is more than enough to get a Heng Long's tank. I got mine for RM 260 biggrin.gif
where is heng leong?..i'm searching for low cost tanks....wanna modified it for my project smile.gif maybe sub 200
vincentlee
post Jan 30 2008, 01:12 AM

★★★7Star★General★★★
2,108 posts

QUOTE(Sadistic Reaper @ Jan 29 2008, 02:07 PM)
Yup, it comes readily made biggrin.gif
There's Panzer III, Leopard, Panther and Tiger I. Apparently, they'll gonna release a few more variations like Tiger I's mid to late production models, King Tiger, Panver IV and a Sturmgeschutz III.

But if you preffer to do some modding to your RC tank, it's also possible. smile.gif
Visit http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ under the Tank's section for modding tips biggrin.gif
you are not staying in Malaysia? I bet it would be very expensive locally. how much is your Tiger? hmm.gif
TSSadistic Reaper
post Jan 31 2008, 08:19 PM

47 posts

Sorry guys for the late replies! tongue.gif

A few handful tips from what i learnt...

Never bring your RC tank (with plastic tracks, sprockets and wheels) out in the open ground with more than an inch high grass. Because the sprockets and wheels and tracks are made of plastic, they can't handle the stress so, don't be surprise that your sprocket wheel decides to break! shocking.gif

To prevent this from happening, (and to play them on the open ground), you gotta upgrade them to metal tracks, sprocket wheels and wheels with a whole metal suspension to sustain the stress from rough terrains. It'll cost you some cash but look at it this way...YOU CAN CRUSH TOY CARS with it. brows.gif

Due to the speed of the RC tank, a nice little trick is to put some weights inside the tank but make sure your Tank's gear engines can handle the load. smile.gif

QUOTE(frozenthrone @ Jan 29 2008, 07:08 PM)
where is heng leong?..i'm searching for low cost tanks....wanna modified it for my project smile.gif maybe sub 200
You probably able to find Heng Long's brands from several RC shop dealers. smile.gif
I know a shop on the 6th floor in Times Square sells some biggrin.gif

QUOTE(vincentlee @ Jan 30 2008, 01:12 AM)
you are not staying in Malaysia? I bet it would be very expensive locally. how much is your Tiger? hmm.gif
Of course i'm staying in Malaysia tongue.gif
That Tiger I cost me RM 260 biggrin.gif

Unless you want the Special Edition models, i haven't seen any place selling them yet or maybe i haven't look them up hard enough. sad.gif

The Special Edition models comes with a metal suspension, turret barrel flashes when fired, machine gun turret at the body of the tank that moves by its own, a few more openable hatches biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sadistic Reaper: Jan 31 2008, 08:28 PM
daniel_lai96
post Jan 31 2008, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(frozenthrone @ Jan 29 2008, 07:08 PM)
heng leong i don't know hong leong i know biggrin.gif
heatdriv3
post Jan 31 2008, 09:55 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Sadistic Reaper @ Jan 24 2008, 02:23 PM)
Hi all, i'm not sure if there's a thread for this since i don't think i seen any for several pages. I recently purchased a RC 1/16 Tiger I tank (i'm a big avid fan to tanks) and i was wondering if anyone have collected these RC tanks? I look forward to collect a few more like King Tiger and Leopard tanks (i hope they release a Maus). I learnt that these RC tanks can be equipped with the Battle System, does anyone know where to get it in KL? There's also a few questions to the RC tanks collectors like, how much abuse can the tank take in rough terrains (open grounds)? Also, is there any place that sells metal RC tanks? Those babies can crush a toy car! rclxms.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

For those who don't have any knowledge about them, they can fire BB pellets (6 mm size) and according to their manuals, up to the range of 25 to 30 meters (i'm not sure if it's true or not but i'm gonna test it out tonight). It has some lighting and various sound effects from starting the engines, to firing the turret (with shock effect) and machinegun sounds.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The drums behind the tank generates smoke. A very nice cosmetic effect there thumbup.gif
wow nice Tiger tank...does it come weathered as shown in the pics?
vincentlee
post Feb 1 2008, 01:55 AM

★★★7Star★General★★★
2,108 posts

QUOTE(Sadistic Reaper @ Jan 31 2008, 08:19 PM)
Of course i'm staying in Malaysia tongue.gif
That Tiger I cost me RM 260 biggrin.gif

Unless you want the Special Edition models, i haven't seen any place selling them yet or maybe i haven't look them up hard enough.  sad.gif

The Special Edition models comes with a metal suspension, turret barrel flashes when fired, machine gun turret at the body of the tank that moves by its own, a few more openable hatches biggrin.gif
RM260? thats very affordable..where can i get it? will join your ranks very soon. tongue.gif
TSSadistic Reaper
post Feb 1 2008, 12:59 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(heatdriv3 @ Jan 31 2008, 09:55 PM)
wow nice Tiger tank...does it come weathered as shown in the pics?
Actually, there are a few camo variations for Tiger I's but as for the weathered down, i guess you have to do it yourself tongue.gif

QUOTE(vincentlee @ Feb 1 2008, 01:55 AM)
RM260? thats very affordable..where can i get it? will join your ranks very soon. tongue.gif
You can get it at Times Square on the 6th floor biggrin.gif

To get you guys more tempted to get yourselves a RC Tank.... brows.gif
I forgot to mentioned from my earlier posts that the tank does indeed fire up to 25 - 30 meters long. rclxm9.gif
Now, all i want is a Flakpanzer, look out pigeons tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sadistic Reaper: Feb 1 2008, 01:05 PM
vincentlee
post Feb 1 2008, 01:24 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
2,108 posts

QUOTE(Sadistic Reaper @ Feb 1 2008, 12:59 PM)
Actually, there are a few camo variations for Tiger I's but as for the weathered down, i guess you have to do it yourself tongue.gif
You can get it at Times Square on the 6th floor biggrin.gif

To get you guys more tempted to get yourselves a RC Tank.... brows.gif
I forgot to mentioned from my earlier posts that the tank does indeed fire up to 25 - 30 meters long.  rclxm9.gif
Now, all i want is a Flakpanzer, look out pigeons  tongue.gif
will be heading there coming weekend..any other camo variation of the tiger? biggrin.gif
TSSadistic Reaper
post Feb 4 2008, 10:34 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(vincentlee @ Feb 1 2008, 01:24 PM)
will be heading there coming weekend..any other camo variation of the tiger? biggrin.gif
Sure there is biggrin.gif
But i'm not sure if there's any of these sold here in KL though, guess you have to look around tongue.gif

user posted image
This here the Tiger I Camouflage

user posted image
And a grey coloured Tiger I

user posted image
This here is the original colors, you can get it in Times Square biggrin.gif

33 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0456sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:46 PM