Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

JP Morgan Chase, information about this company

views

TSmoogle
post Nov 14 2007, 11:20 PM, updated 17y ago

Getting Started
166 posts

Hi there

Is there any member working in this company? How is the working environment?
I have visited the website and could not find further information regarding internship opportunities in Malaysia.
Can anyone who have information be willing to provide me with some information about this company?

Thanks
fletcherwind
post Nov 15 2007, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
273 posts

I think JPmorgan only has a research house in Malaysia. I dont remember JPMorgan having a branch in msia doing investment banking. If you want an internship in jpmorgan, try singapore, because I believe jp morgan malaysia does not recruit intern/fresh grad.
TSmoogle
post Nov 15 2007, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

thank you fletcherwind

Yes i have checked and JP Morgan do have a branch in KL. It does offer quite a lot of services too. Unfortunately, it is not that big. It doesn't even has a website.

Yes i have heard about the singapore branch but i'm still studying in malaysia, i think singapore is out of my scope for now. I was thinking of trying in Malaysia first.

i have called the number, it is an automated system where u have to press 1 for english and 2 for bm that kind haha

Anyone willing to provide me with their number? Possibly for the human resource department.
fletcherwind
post Nov 15 2007, 07:37 PM

Getting Started
273 posts

Unless you have good contacts, otherwise, I highly doubt that they will recruit undergraduates in Malaysia branch for internships. I am not expressing my cynical opinion here, this is simply a fact.

This post has been edited by fletcherwind: Nov 15 2007, 07:37 PM
TSmoogle
post Nov 16 2007, 12:06 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

Although the chances are slim, i will give it a shot first. Thanks for the opinion though

besides JP Morgan, are there any other recommended investment banks to do internships?
btrnart1
post Nov 16 2007, 01:30 AM

42 posts

try any of the bulge firms, ubs, deutsche, Morgan stanley, Merrill Lynnch.

Get into these as an intern then onto analyst and you can retire in 10 years.

=)
fletcherwind
post Nov 16 2007, 06:26 AM

Getting Started
273 posts

Try ABN amro, two months ago, I saw there was a recruitment for IBD targetting global graduates. I know it is merging with Barcap, but I think they are still recruiting separately now.
feynman
post Dec 5 2007, 04:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(moogle @ Nov 16 2007, 12:06 AM)
Although the chances are slim, i will give it a shot first. Thanks for the opinion though

besides JP Morgan, are there any other recommended investment banks to do internships?
All applications are automated. One has to apply like everyone else in the world.
babyboomer
post Apr 14 2008, 08:22 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ Dec 5 2007, 04:21 PM)
All applications are automated. One has to apply like everyone else in the world.
Hi All

I am a new comer in this forum, I need some guidance as I am currently pretty lost.. cry.gif

I have got an offer from JP Morgan Chase Bank in the KL branch. The division is under IB operational-treasury, mainly doing processing job.

I am currently doing project management on SAP FI/CO in a relatively small consulting firm.

I am unsure whether shall in take the offer or stay in my current company.
The offer by JP Morgan is not much different from my currenct pay and I am unsure which that can offer me better future and prospect in terms of long term.

And I am unsure of the working environment, condition in JP Morgan as well, any insider mind to share?

Please give me your valuable comment.
yuckman98
post Apr 14 2008, 08:29 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

i say this if you are unsure if jp morgan can or cannot guarantee you a good future then they must have made a mistake giving you he job. i think you're here just to show off.
babyboomer
post Apr 14 2008, 08:46 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(yuckman98 @ Apr 14 2008, 08:29 AM)
i say this if you are unsure if jp morgan can or cannot guarantee you a good future then they must have made a mistake giving you he job. i think you're here just to show off.
I am not showing off...I am in the a cross road to choose between SAP and JP Morgan.

If I sounded to be showing off I would like to appologize for my english
yuckman98
post Apr 14 2008, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

i see . you're doing sap now im not expert btw. But jp morgan will do process job. jp morgan you can climb the ladder and also if you got sap certificate you can get promotion one day to project manager again. if pay is same . its like you wanna be striker for burnley or right winger for arsenal?
babyboomer
post Apr 14 2008, 09:29 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(yuckman98 @ Apr 14 2008, 08:55 AM)
i see . you're doing sap now im not expert btw. But jp morgan will do process job. jp morgan you can climb the ladder and also if you got sap certificate you can get promotion one day to project manager again. if pay is same . its like you wanna be striker for burnley or right winger for arsenal?
Thanks for your advice. By the way are you an insider of JP Morgan? Mind tells me more about there? Do they have a division as what you have mentioned doing project management?

fyire
post Apr 15 2008, 07:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
VIP
9,270 posts

QUOTE(yuckman98 @ Apr 14 2008, 08:55 AM)
Have u even got a clue on what you are talking about, especially when you've not even stepped foot into the working world at all?

The SAP certification will count only where the job scope involves SAP.

babyboomer: I cannot really comment much on the differences between your current job and the job that you're offered, as I do not know what the 'processing job' that you've mentioned really consists of. So to go or to stay here will mainly depend on how willing you are to switch to a different job role from the one that you're currently having.

Also keep in mind that despite going into a non SAP related job at JP Morgan, you can always opt to transfer to a SAP related job within JP Morgan later on. Internal job applications tends to go a lot easier than external ones.

babyboomer
post Apr 16 2008, 11:58 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(fyire @ Apr 15 2008, 07:15 PM)
Have u even got a clue on what you are talking about, especially when you've not even stepped foot into the working world at all?

The SAP certification will count only where the job scope involves SAP.

babyboomer: I cannot really comment much on the differences between your current job and the job that you're offered, as I do not know what the 'processing job' that you've mentioned really consists of. So to go or to stay here will mainly depend on how willing you are to switch to a different job role from the one that you're currently having.

Also keep in mind that despite going into a non SAP related job at JP Morgan, you can always opt to transfer to a SAP related job within JP Morgan later on. Internal job applications tends to go a lot easier than external ones.
Hi fyire, thanks for your advice. I may need your addtional advice , as I am not working in the banking industry and I am unsure of the job scope and the prospect in long run.

The offered I got in JP Morgan is doing processing job, mainly is processing on the forex and money market that the dealer dealt. And I was told that I will be only processing one forex product and each product uses a different system. In foreign bank do they actually use SAP on forex?

Kindly advice, as I am very lost for the moment.
fyire
post Apr 17 2008, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
VIP
9,270 posts

QUOTE(babyboomer @ Apr 16 2008, 11:58 AM)
Hi fyire, thanks for your advice. I may need your addtional advice , as I am not working in the banking industry and I am unsure of the job scope and the prospect in long run.

The offered I got in JP Morgan is doing processing job, mainly is processing on the forex and money market that the dealer dealt. And I was told that I will be only processing one forex product and each product uses a different system. In foreign bank do they actually use SAP on forex? 

Kindly advice, as I am very lost for the moment.
I don't think they use SAP for forex, its like you had mentioned different forex tends to use different systems. What I meant by SAP is that should JP Morgan have any openings in the future for SAP related jobs, it'll be easier for you to apply and get the position should you be already working within JP Morgan itself, as if you are already an employee there , it will cut down the number of steps in the hiring process.

But also keep in mind that it'll depend a lot on if your current manager is willing to release you for another job role or not (depending on if there's a replacement for you or not).
vambot
post Feb 18 2011, 07:09 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Seems this thread has died down, anyone that can share info about this company please do. Got interview next week unsure.gif
LightningFist
post Nov 18 2011, 11:33 PM

Minion of the Damned
Group Icon
VIP
3,965 posts

QUOTE(moogle @ Nov 16 2007, 12:06 AM)

May I please know the outcome?

QUOTE(babyboomer @ Apr 14 2008, 08:22 AM)
Hi All

I am a new comer in this forum, I need some guidance as I am currently pretty lost.. cry.gif

I have got an offer from JP Morgan Chase Bank in the KL branch. The division is under IB operational-treasury, mainly doing processing job.

I am currently doing project management on SAP FI/CO in a relatively small consulting firm.

I am unsure whether shall in take the offer or stay in my current company.
The offer by JP Morgan is not much different from my currenct pay and I am unsure which that can offer me better future and prospect in terms of long term.

And I am unsure of the working environment, condition in JP Morgan as well, any insider mind to share?

Please give me your valuable comment.
Wow, an opportunity to actually work for JP Morgan in KL. So what happened?

QUOTE(vambot @ Feb 18 2011, 07:09 PM)
Seems this thread has died down, anyone that can share info about this company please do. Got interview next week  unsure.gif
What was the outcome of your interview? What position?

Does anyone know how to go about getting an internship in such firms, short of cold calling all their phone numbers?
mariochuah
post Nov 19 2011, 12:15 AM

Getting Started
201 posts

forget abt it, their hiring process is really strict !!!!
unless, u know someone inside...
good luck
LightningFist
post Nov 19 2011, 12:48 AM

Minion of the Damned
Group Icon
VIP
3,965 posts

QUOTE(mariochuah @ Nov 19 2011, 12:15 AM)
forget abt it, their hiring process is really strict !!!!
unless, u know someone inside...
good luck
Thanks for the reply.

Like another person above from 4/5 years ago I know chances are next to zero.

However even an unpaid internship would be really attractive. I'm not even asking for a job.

It can make people really desperate to be from Malaysia as all the investment banks only have intern opportunities in Singapore, Hong Kong, or China (sometimes Tokyo) - JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas, Citi, HSBC, Barclays, RBS, UBS, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, Bank of America Merrill Lynch etc. As many as they are, just to get an unpaid attachment at a single one would be extremely difficult.

Sometimes I see news about BNP Paribas and JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs talking about "expanding" their businesses in Malaysia... there was even a JP Morgan vacancy at the KL office being advertised.

Appreciate any info or feedback, thanks.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:26 AM