Mixing Tire Brands / Tread Patterns

views

tctham
post Mar 23 2023, 11:45 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Mar 20 2023, 06:23 PM)
but grip wise, no big deal man

depends on your car and the crappy tire that you chose.

Relatively similar tire won't yield drastic result.

My saga blm mix Silverstone m3 pair with good year assurance.

Where the m3 is, I can control whether the car will understeer or oversteer during rain. Put in front you get understeer, put behind you get oversteer.

But if you are familiar with your car, you would feel the difference. Even the difference of rotating tires and not rotating tiresfeels different for me during turns.

tctham
post Mar 25 2023, 08:46 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(tctham @ Mar 23 2023, 11:45 PM)
depends on your car and the crappy tire that you chose.

Relatively similar tire won't yield drastic result.

My saga blm mix Silverstone m3 pair with good year assurance.

Where the m3 is, I can control whether the car will understeer or oversteer during rain. Put in front you get understeer, put behind you get oversteer.

But if you are familiar with your car, you would feel the difference. Even the difference of rotating tires and not rotating tiresfeels different for me during turns.
QUOTE(RigerZ @ Mar 25 2023, 02:59 PM)
tried, tested, proven?
Tried tested proven.

With tires with mismatching grip, you will definitely induce understeer or oversteer. I oversteered while driving from ldp to sunway hospital, those turns near Taylor lakeside entrance.
tctham
post Mar 26 2023, 02:22 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(RigerZ @ Mar 25 2023, 09:25 PM)
I'm going to have to take your words with a pinch of salt since we dont know the full facts and details regarding your incident
Yes, your mileage may vary. It seems that you already have your conclusion that it does not make any difference. Are you waiting for someone to reaffirm your belief? Because it doesn't feel like you are neutral and seeking for user experiences, despite what others have said already.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:59 PM