Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Oil & Gas Careers V13 - Upstream & Downstream, 2023 is a busy year for Oil & Gas fags

views

Stamp
post Dec 17 2022, 10:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

Oh ada new edition
Stamp
post Jan 27 2023, 11:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(DupeIkan @ Jan 26 2023, 12:44 PM)
Srs Question.
What's the applicability of me jumping back into O&G after being in a technically different field?
Current sector doing terribly bad.
Just do it.
Stamp
post Feb 5 2023, 11:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(mohdyakup @ Feb 4 2023, 04:20 PM)
user posted image
Saipem is coming back to KL?
Stamp
post Feb 13 2023, 08:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

MMHE secured another EPCI job, now from CPOC.

user posted image
Stamp
post Feb 16 2023, 04:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

user posted image

and the recruitment is getting intense.
Stamp
post Feb 16 2023, 09:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Feb 16 2023, 05:35 PM)
Question is: Can they pay? to obtain CV's from local Johor is quite tough according to some of my contacts in their SCM / PMT there. They are scouting for those based in KL / Lumut
For that, I wish them best of luck! šŸ˜
Stamp
post Feb 17 2023, 07:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Feb 17 2023, 11:15 AM)
Sapura has opened its graduate program.

Good to see that they are covering the topic of underemployment which many Malaysians face today.
Graduate Engineer and Non Engineer Programme with Sapura Energy Berhad.

Criterias
ā€¢ Malaysian citizen not more than 26 years old.
ā€¢ Bachelor's Degree holder with minimum CGPA of 3.5 , recognized by Board of Engineer Malaysia (BEM) (Engineering) and recognized Higher Learning Institution (Non-Engineering)
ā€¢ Unemployed or under-employed in non-relevant areas of graduate's qualifications

Meet the criterias?, drop your most updated CV and latest transcript to graduate@sapuraenergy.com

Seriously, would a fresh graduate with CGPA more than 3.50 apply for a job at Sapura? Petronas can pay better with future career growth.
Stamp
post Feb 18 2023, 08:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Feb 18 2023, 09:15 AM)
Not that easy to get into PETRONAS. Also, many are lured into working for petronas under the protege program, salary is ard 2.5k only for 1 year.
Not sure if most are absorbed. Some got into departments that don't want to absorb trainees after 1 year.
Graduates with sky high CGPAs need not go through P to work in Petronas.

Other Operators are also hiring for these graduates. Sapura will find it difficult to entice these excellent graduates with its present financial challenges and lack of opportunities for career growth.
Stamp
post Feb 19 2023, 07:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

When you are told the middle level mgmt posts are ā€œreservedā€ for I expats, you know thereā€™s no prospect for you in the company.

I wonder how the companies which have expats as EM, GM or even PM, could justify to the HR Ministry the expat employment in the companies when there are many qualified local candidates available

Cash is King, again?

This post has been edited by Stamp: Feb 19 2023, 07:09 AM
Stamp
post Feb 20 2023, 07:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(GambitFire @ Feb 19 2023, 11:07 PM)
Yup I actually agree with this statement..I use to work in one O&G service provider and almost all the VP level are all expats mainly from India and Europe. Barely can see any malaysian..and this expats they are not cheap..easily 60-70k per month salary plus other benefits..

If this is not looked into few more years middle management Will also be dominated by expats and malaysian forever stuck at fresh grad or exec level...seems like our HR minister also like puppet only can't do anything.
HR Ministers (since BN days) were not merely puppets.

This post has been edited by Stamp: Feb 22 2023, 05:47 PM
Stamp
post Mar 18 2023, 09:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

We are beginning to lose the cream engineers to Middle East companies as demand for experienced global oil&gas engineers picks up.

Iā€™ve got several offers for jobs in the Middle East but I wish I were 15 years younger! Too old to live overseas.
Stamp
post Mar 18 2023, 09:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Mar 16 2023, 06:31 PM)
Everyday, I see another person leaving Sap..ra

I hear rumours management have promised increment and bonus this March or April before Raya.
Has S settled all its debts?

Heard S was still being excluded from local jobs bids tendering.
Stamp
post Mar 18 2023, 10:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Mar 18 2023, 09:36 AM)
Has S settled all its debts?
Answer: No
Heard S was still being excluded from local jobs bids tendering.
Answer: Yes, especially for EPCIC. Major one ITB in 2023Q4 coming up is PTT Lang Lebah..
I wonder MMHE will team up with which consultant for this delicious Lang Lebah EPCI project. It teamed up with TEN for Kasawari Ph 1, but later ditched TEN in favour for Worley for Kasawari Ph 2.

Now S is out of the picture, will PTT invite outside fabricators to bid for this job? Or would PET allow PTT to do that?
Stamp
post Mar 24 2023, 03:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Mar 23 2023, 08:52 AM)
For kasawari 1, TEN was partner.
For Kasawari 2, TEN was competitor and won easily by MMHE. For Kasawari 2, PET allowed for foreign bidder (NPCC) but the schedule is not attractive as the platform transport takes between 30-60 days compared to a few days for local transport.
Im guessing the T&I cost killed the bid for TEN and NPCC.
Stamp
post Mar 24 2023, 02:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Mar 24 2023, 06:52 AM)
Theres viral post on twitter saying that some PET guys got a bonus of 7 months..
Anyone can verify? For average performance ?

Thatā€™s average performance. High flyers could get 12 months.
Stamp
post Mar 25 2023, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Mar 25 2023, 07:16 AM)
MMHE not invited for that Z LNG
Recently MMHE secured an EPCI job from CPOC; 5 wellhead platforms and 5 new pipelines. MMC is the engineering contractor.
Stamp
post Mar 26 2023, 06:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(CertifiedHomphobe @ Mar 25 2023, 09:30 PM)
Hi guys! Would like to ask opinions from the veterans in the OnG industry.

I'll keep it short and be slightly ambiguous to protect my identity. Fresh graduate here ,please ignore my stupid username , I thought it would be funny but I can't change the username now.

To start off ,Ā  I've interned in this industry previously , worked on the EPCIC of the kasawari and jerun projects with the PMT (Subcon) as a PE in the fabrication of CPP jackets. Fell in love with the industry , and had a really great experience during my short tenure. As for the field im in , Im a chemical engineering graduate , looking to get into any position of PD, PMT , or permittance / corporate (Also interested in the business aspect of the industry) .

My graduating CGPA isnt that great nor too bad which is 2nd upper class >3.0 , but I'm under the suspicion that this will hurt my chances in the industry severely if I wanna get into MNCs or GLCs as they're expecting really high pointers (saw one from Sapura , it was mind boggling to see them ask 3.5 aboveĀ  biggrin.gif ) . This is going to sound like an excuse , but my cgpa is the result of my own 'Min Maxing' , I was focusing on other things such as business and entrepreneurship , held managerial positions in supplying , manufacturing and FnB when studying (which I must admit was because I had the privilege to do so but an opportunity I wasn't going to waste) . Built an extensive network my 'extra curricular' business, but before I pull out that card and be called a nepo baby , I want to try this out with my own capabilities.

My question is , how much of a shot do I have in entering the upstream/downstream industry with the experience that I have (PMT and entrepreneurship) even with a mediocre cgpa without entering any protege or trainee programmes. I've basically done the most that I can to make myself stand out from the rest of the crop and I'm prepared to defend that statement as I personally believe i have great skillsets to back that up. How hard is it for a fresh graduate to go 'offshore' , there really isnt any 'guide' per say. Or is this some pipe dream that I have and I should just give up and continue what im doing now. Do companies even bother to look at my previous 'vast' experiences or are they solely filtering out CGPAs.

Basically im trying to get into 'premium' position for fresh graduates , career progression and pay means a lot to me to justify this change of wind.Ā  Would love to hear from you guys , sorry for the long post.
You knew already that to get the ā€œpremiumā€ job as a fresh graduate in oil&gas would require a candidate to have super high CGPA. Why donā€™t you be pragmatic and practical by aiming for a less ā€œpremiumā€ job as a start?

If you CGPA is between 3.0 to 3.5, thereā€™s still hope for you to join the consultants. Your prospects will be higher if you apply for oil&gas construction sector or oil&gas services sector.

Actually I laughed my heads off when I read of S looking for fresh graduates with a minimum CGPA of 3.50. I think its mgmt is delusional to think that for a company financially unstable now to have such high ambition to recruit the best fresh graduates in the market. I bet the freshies if they join S, will leave the company after a short stint in the company when they find out how the company is managed.

This post has been edited by Stamp: Mar 26 2023, 06:41 AM
Stamp
post Mar 28 2023, 05:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Mar 27 2023, 03:11 PM)
Technip did vss during covid first year. But survived.
Aker currently little project for engineering unit..
Their targer project is delayed... By bumiarmada
MMC is still surviving, recently awarded a DED by MMHE for a CPOC job.

Worley is stretched out. Itā€™s loaded with big projects.
Stamp
post Mar 29 2023, 08:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Mar 29 2023, 11:36 AM)
Lot of nationals from India as Lead principal engineers...
If you're from other consultant, their working way more structured than Worley or Rnz...

Mostly offshore projects
I wonder how those Indian expats got the Msian work permits as principal engineers.

How did the company manage to convince the govt agency which issues work permits to foreigners, that there were no locals for the said position.
Stamp
post Mar 29 2023, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(lock_82 @ Mar 29 2023, 09:11 PM)
Malaysia hardly regulate professional engineers works if you ask me. It was same even back like early 2000 for Shell as well.

Nevertheless Indians expat are all over global circuit esp middle east. It will be hard not to engage them.
The quality of Indian expats vary widely. The cream ones had gone to the US and Europe. The half past six expats lurk around in SEA region. They are no longer first choice expats in the ME. Qatargas which is aggressively recruiting now do not have many Indian expats from India. They learned their lessons hiring phony Indian expats in the past. They no longer trust the CVs of Indian expats from India.

This post has been edited by Stamp: Mar 30 2023, 12:05 AM

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0233sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:26 PM