Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SMK teaching in English or Malay for Sci and Maths

views

TSPenanglittlegal
post Nov 7 2022, 03:50 PM, updated 2y ago

34 posts

Dear all, may i know how to check SMK in Petaling Jaya is teaching in English or Malay for Science and Maths subject? Example SMK Damansara Jaya, SMK Taman Sea, SMK Damansara Utama... I understand that some school allocate some classes teaching in English.. Soms teaching Malay for all classes. Appreciate your advise.. Thank you.
iSean
post Nov 7 2022, 07:41 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(Penanglittlegal @ Nov 7 2022, 03:50 PM)
Dear all, may i know how to check SMK in Petaling Jaya is teaching in English or Malay for Science and Maths subject? Example SMK Damansara Jaya, SMK Taman Sea, SMK Damansara Utama... I understand that some school allocate some classes teaching in English.. Soms teaching Malay for all classes. Appreciate your advise.. Thank you.
blink.gif pretty sure STEM classes are conducted based on students'/headmaster's/teacher's preference.
I think those regions very "english" speaking. so I think STEM should be still taught in English

This post has been edited by iSean: Nov 7 2022, 07:42 PM
TSPenanglittlegal
post Nov 8 2022, 09:36 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Nov 7 2022, 07:41 PM)
blink.gif pretty sure STEM classes are conducted based on students'/headmaster's/teacher's preference.
I think those regions very "english" speaking. so I think STEM should be still taught in English
Thank you!!
MGM
post Nov 17 2022, 10:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,387 posts

best is to confirm with those schools.
Allmaths P
post Dec 6 2022, 03:52 PM

Probation
5 posts

Some schools have bilingual, which means the school only offer DLP for the first and second classes, and the rest of the classes are taught in BM. Best is to check with the school.
TSPenanglittlegal
post Dec 6 2022, 04:14 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(Allmaths @ Dec 6 2022, 03:52 PM)
Some schools have bilingual, which means the school only offer DLP for the first and second classes, and the rest of the classes are taught in BM. Best is to check with the school.
Problem is how can i check with the school for such info? I try to google, but could not find the info.
SUSNew Klang
post Dec 9 2022, 06:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

QUOTE(Penanglittlegal @ Dec 6 2022, 04:14 PM)
Problem is how can i check with the school for such info? I try to google, but could not find the info.
DJ and DU use English for Maths and Science
TSPenanglittlegal
post Dec 9 2022, 11:45 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(New Klang @ Dec 9 2022, 06:53 PM)
DJ and DU use English for Maths and Science
Thanks.. Every class teaching in English? Or only certain class?
romuluz777
post Dec 16 2022, 08:46 AM

Regular
1,447 posts

Here's a website with a list of DLP schools in Selangor.

https://schooladvisor.my/articles/dual-lang...ational-schools

Bear in mind only a few schools offer DLP in all classes, and most offer DLP for the top 2 classes only.

SUSNew Klang
post Jan 6 2023, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

QUOTE(Penanglittlegal @ Dec 9 2022, 11:45 PM)
Thanks.. Every class teaching in English? Or only certain class?
Officially it's English.

In lower secondary levels (below form3), teachers might use BM to explain to students who are not very fluent in English.

Form 4 and 5. All Maths and Sciences are taught in English.
nexus2238
post Jan 30 2023, 09:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,105 posts

https://www.data.gov.my/data/ms_MY/dataset/sekolah-dlp-kpm

full list of DLP (Dual Language Program) school in Malaysia

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:17 PM