Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan Almera Turbo 1.0 (N18) Ownership Experience, Sharing Thoughts / Experience / Issues

views

littlefire
post Oct 27 2022, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(kons @ Oct 27 2022, 12:16 PM)
accord 1.5 tcp still 10k km
Nop. Depending on board computer.
Civic 1.5T owners also feedback if always kaki berat or always stuck in traffic jam it will automatically cut short to around 6~7k oil change.
CRV 1.5T also same, as i knew 1 salesman driving it and complain of higher maintenance cost per year compare to his older ride. Even tho cheap road tax, but more time going in n out service center. In the end also contra back the cheap road tax benefits become none.

Unless you always drive highway at legal speed and light footed than maybe can reach 10k, but how many people got that discipline.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Oct 27 2022, 11:24 AM
littlefire
post Oct 27 2022, 11:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

Until today the only weakness i heard from new Almera Turbo is the engine mounting wont last too long and after sometime the vibration can be felt even worse. Do remember that the 1.0T engine is still 3-cylinder, so the design itself is not that balance or less vibration compare to like 4-cylinder engine. The only solution is to claim new engine mounting if within warranty, this is what i heard from a Nissan technician.
littlefire
post Oct 28 2022, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(aemon @ Oct 28 2022, 02:34 AM)
I nearly bought this car. And then I changed job and it didn't feel very stable and someone says to me: "If you lose your job in 2 years, you'll probably sell this car and still owns a bank for its low resale value."

So I went for a City. Don't get me wrong, I love the new Almera Turbo. There no full Level 2 autonomous and second hand value but is offset by its C-segment sound suppression.

Perhaps in the future I have cash to spend, I'll probably get this car.
If your loan is over 5 years, even 2 years you sell for Honda or Toyota also will loss money and need to pay back to bank.
FYI 1~3 years car at least 30% from original cost will lost once you put up the no. plate and move on the road, unless you sell it your own at a higher price tag or get it tender at online car website and see which willing buyer want to take it.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Oct 28 2022, 08:35 AM
littlefire
post Oct 31 2022, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(jibpek @ Oct 28 2022, 07:59 PM)
1.0 95K ++ no way
the 1.0 engine itself is turbo, compared to other competitors are just 1.5 N/A.
Besides that the safety features, accessories & design that Nissan offered nowadays really top of the range, so it still justified of the higher price range.
littlefire
post Mar 20 2023, 04:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(howszat @ Mar 15 2023, 09:03 PM)
I have owned a turbo car before. There are some precautions you need to take. But that was sometime ago.

Technology has improved. I don't believe what you are doing is necessary anymore.
Engine oil i can say improve a lot by using fully synthetic and lower viscosity for faster oil flow & protection

But regarding turbo cooling system might need to take note on that, if your turbo engine system does not got like modern continental which got additional oil or water cooler system (some use electric water pump to keep running) to cool down the turbo after it is off it is better to idle for a while like 10~15 seconds or fit a turbo timer with oil temperature or O2 sensor reading to help prolong the turbo life.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Mar 20 2023, 04:07 PM
littlefire
post Feb 21 2024, 09:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(pigduck @ Feb 19 2024, 11:10 PM)
how is the almera for the rear seat passengers? Is it soft and comfortable?
Go and try, different people might got different expectation.
For me Nissan seats are quite comfortable, more better than Honda personally.
They always market their seats as zero gravity.

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/INNOVATION...PIRED_CAR_SEAT/

This post has been edited by littlefire: Feb 21 2024, 09:58 AM
littlefire
post Feb 22 2024, 03:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Feb 21 2024, 01:16 PM)

May I ask if you have installed the Ultra Racing Stage 1 bars to your vehicle? Are there any other experiences you may want to share after owning the car for more than 2 years now? I got to know that TCEAS actually provides this Ultra Racing bar installation at all their service centres. Would like to know on the differences (if any) on handling of the vehicle if the UR bars are installed.

If you did not always drive in corners high-speed, the difference will not be too much. Besides that, ultra racing are mostly using mild steel which is hard if driving thru bad road condition might feel the car more jumpy. Personally i would recommend Cusco (Aluminum), light weight, softer material and does the job also but at a higher cost.
littlefire
post Feb 23 2024, 09:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Feb 22 2024, 08:01 PM)
all depend thickness spec rite
If thickness related usually that is for anti roll bar, for other bar depends on raw material, design and how many point to link it is very subjective, but ultra racing as per name is more suitable for racing purpose. A lot of my friends already move to Cusco or original tuners from car manufacturer, example like Nismo, Impul bars for normal road use cars as their products usually can struct a balance in term of driving comfort & performance.

In the past a lot of their normal road cars fitted with ultra racings bars and in the end most remove due to harsher ride and if involve in accident need even more time & money to remove & repair. Just imagine the bar still intact, but your chassis already bend. This is not good, as the bar did not help absorb the impact but transfer it to other link area. This hard material stuff if it is roll cage then no problem, but for normal bars that is not a good idea.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:23 AM