Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan Almera Turbo 1.0 (N18) Ownership Experience, Sharing Thoughts / Experience / Issues

views

TSkeithdx
post Oct 27 2022, 10:49 AM, updated 2y ago

6 posts

Nissan Almera 1.0 Turbo (VLT) R2 - Owner's Journal

Will be sharing my Ownership Experience / Costs / Thoughts / Issues. I am no expert in the matter nor do I have any knowledge in cars. Used to be driving my Dad's Nissan Almera (N17), purchased in 2013. It was the highest specification - VL if I am not mistaken. Was looking for a new car and was in a bit of a hurry. Called up Honda, Toyota, and Perodua; waiting time was about 4 months. Called up Nissan, waiting time was 1 month. Hence, I purchased the Nissan Almera Turbo 1.0 (N18). Purchased it from Edaran Tan Chong Motor (Tengah) Sdn Bhd, Seksyen 13, Petaling Jaya Branch. I purchased it from the Salesperson named Luqman Hakim, great guy and explained well. Only thing my concern was the 7,000KM Service Interval. But I still went with it.

Initial costing are as follows:

Booking Fee: RM 100.00

Registration Date: End September, 2022

Vehicle Selling Price: RM 95,668.00

Additional / Optional Accessories, Package - Tomei (VLT): RM 8,000.00 (EDIT: This was Free)

Year Road Tax: RM 20.00

Year Comprehensive / 3rd Party Insurance, (RHB / Insured RM 96,000.00): RM 2,626.59

Registration Fee: RM 150.00

Hire - Purchase Ownership Claim Fee: RM 50.00

It comes with 5 Years / 70,000KM* WITH 5 TIMES FREE MAINTENANCE SERVICE ON ALTERNATE INTERVAL FROM 7,000KM / 6TH MONTH*. PARTS & LABOUR INCLUDED. (*WHICHEVER COMES 1ST)

Vehicle Warranty: 5 Years Warranty With Unlimited Mileage

Free Gift: Road Tax Sticker

Free Gift: Umbrella

Please do take note that I had purchased my License Plate Number through the JPJ E-Bid prior to car purchase. With the E - Bid, you have 1 Year to register the vehicle with the number plate (might vary from time of posting). Hence, that is probably why there isn't any License Plate Fee.

Additionally, I will not be sharing my loan details / initial payment amount whatsoever as it varies with each individual.

This post has been edited by keithdx: Oct 27 2022, 12:41 PM
TSkeithdx
post Oct 27 2022, 11:42 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(Chisinlouz @ Oct 27 2022, 10:51 AM)
Since they dont charge u license plate, do they charge something else like plate number registration into car.... something to earn quick bucks?

Can u share process of registering bidding number to yr car pls. Tq
They did not charge anything extra, at least with my experience.

I will try to remember as much as I can with JPJ E - Bid, I can't remember in exact detail.
- So, JPJ released a few state Alphabets - there were 3 at that time.
- I pick let's for example RXX alphabet. Then I choose the number that I want to bid on - for example 1234.
- When I search for 1234, it will show the starting Bid amount, you would need to pay RM 10, to take part in the bidding and see the current Bid price.
- So let's say if you're interested in RXX 1234, when you place the Bid, you would need to pay it immediately. If you lose the Bid, it's refunded.
- Let's say if you already paid the RM 10 to see the live Bidding for RXX 1234, but you're not interested; you would need to pay another RM 10 to see another live Bidding Plate (example: RXX 2345).
- 30 Minutes before the Bidding closes, the price interval for each Bid increases. Plus the majority of the Bids happens closer to the time just before the price internal goes up (9:30PM if I'm not mistaken).

Hope this helps. I received the soft copy document that I am the owner of the plate on the E - Bid site / app or through email (can't remember) and that document was what I passed to the Sales Person. And he got it done.

That's as much I can remember actually.
TSkeithdx
post Oct 27 2022, 11:44 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(darkterror15 @ Oct 27 2022, 10:59 AM)
95k plus the body kit 8k is already 103k.

now b segment jap car all start to enter 100k range.
I've edited the initial posting, the Tomei Bodykit came in free (worth RM 8K).
TSkeithdx
post Oct 27 2022, 11:46 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Oct 27 2022, 11:03 AM)
you write so details, why never share how much discount your SA give you, or how much you over trade your car?

Tan Chong is famous to give very high discount for their cars.
No other discounts given other than the ones stated (if any). Maybe I'm not lucky enough
TSkeithdx
post Oct 27 2022, 01:12 PM

6 posts

Before I could share any more on the experience, there's already a few comments here and there.

Got the Almera in white, paint so far all good. Whether thin or not, I have no idea. But I do wash the car weekly.

I have no complains with the interior aside from the Beige wrap on the Dashboard and on the seats. Would rather have it in all black.

MY OVERALL DRIVING EXPERIENCE THUS FAR (FROM PURCHASE TO 1,000KM)

Just keep in mind that, I do not know much driving terms, just a regular person sharing so others may find it helpful.

- It's quiet. Everything is dampened quite well. For the doors, you may have to close it a little bit more harder haha. Nothing wrong with that. Quiet maybe because of the Continental UC6 that it comes with.

- If I'm not mistaken, Full Tank is about RM 65, I will fill it until I am able to see the petrol at the top of the hole. Have not gone entirely on the highway but so far it with a city highway + city, it's about 450 - 470KM per fill (my experience). The counting on the meter shows 13KM/L I think. Home to work is about 1.5KM. So not much long distance travel, all nearby and sometimes highway.

- Used the Cruise Control once, don't find it really useful unless it's Adaptive Cruise Control.

- The Side / Rear / 360 Cameras are great and pretty accurate. During my initial test drive, the Salesperson showed how accurate it was. So no complains there. I like it that when I put it in reverse and turn the steering wheel, the guides turn as well. Don't want to start any fires here but it's better than the cameras on the current Flagship X50.

- There was one time I was about to enter the Smart Tunnel and just before entering I think there was this Height Limit sign just above the road (stretched across). I was going at about 80KM/H I think and suddenly the emergency brake thingy kicked in and went off after about 1 second / half a second. Not sure why but maybe it detected a possible hit.

- I use an Android and there's no Android Auto. But it connects via Bluetooth automatically whenever I switch on the car, so that doesn't really bother me. I still prefer to use Waze on my phone. It has Apple CarPlay but it's not wireless though.

- Acceleration is alright. It does the job when I need it to. It can take curves at a pretty reasonable speed, tried it at 90KM/H+, I didn't feel much, was pretty planted and smooth. I think the seats (because it's pretty bolstered on the side) helped as well.

- The top of the Dashboard is flat so can place the Smart Tag Holder and etc easily.

- Aircond is cold. And I don't think rear air vents are needed. Even with the lowest speed, it's cold.

That's about all there is thus far. Just done my 1,000KM Service and will update soon!

Any questions, drop ahead

This post has been edited by keithdx: Oct 27 2022, 01:21 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:25 AM