Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan Almera Turbo 1.0 (N18) Ownership Experience, Sharing Thoughts / Experience / Issues

views

Virlution
post Oct 27 2022, 11:08 AM

Casual
343 posts

1.0 T engine is 3 cyc engine?

I looking at car with the 2.0T engine but I think replacement is 2.4T
bigger engine but almost same hp, cipet... considering buying 2nd hand like that
Virlution
post Oct 27 2022, 11:26 AM

Casual
343 posts

turbo dun skim on oil change... also remember to cool the turbo, last 1000-500m before your destination, drive slow let the oil cool the turbo and your car should last very long

never had any issue with my turbo car until written off in accident
Virlution
post Mar 15 2023, 09:11 AM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Mar 15 2023, 09:07 AM)
Which car has 2.4T ?
2.0T already can get nearly 250 hp, and almost 400 Nm.
I still keep mine at 10K.
new subbie la
Virlution
post Mar 15 2023, 01:46 PM

Casual
343 posts

no la.... subbie engine very reliable if you dun simply reflash or mod...

my previous turbo car also serbis every 10k mileage... dun care duration. car not heavily use so like 1 year serbis once

warm up before tekan and warm down properly... dun starve turbo of oil especially after vroom here and there. all meme are overboost and never warm up/down properly

na brz/86 can sebis 15k... even longer duration
Virlution
post Mar 16 2023, 07:18 AM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(howszat @ Mar 15 2023, 08:03 PM)
I have owned a turbo car before. There are some precautions you need to take. But that was sometime ago.

Technology has improved. I don't believe what you are doing is necessary anymore.
not necessary to do such....

start car, idle few seconds when you drive off, keep the RPM low ... when you idle at below 1k rpm vs driving off at 2k-3k rpm is nothing... just dont go high rev and spool the turbo at full speed before warmed up

for warm down, usually when I turn to my street or near house, driving in shopping parking/looking for parking just chill and cruise, low RPM oil will flow and cool down. after stop, idle alnother few seconds while turning off AC/Radio is good enough.

Some people like to vroom vroom announcing to everyone they arrived, then turn off the car, this will cause the turbo to heat up and starve of oil.

Frequent oil change also good if you drive like a maniac all the time, too much heat the oil break down faster.
Most car with stock low pressure turbos, not much additional precautions required.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:57 PM