Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Old desktop fan

views

TSboarulez
post Apr 1 2022, 03:33 PM, updated 2y ago

Casual
357 posts

Hi all sifu
So I just took my dad super old pc to my office to use for office purpose .
I realize that there is no fan at all at the casing
I wanted to add fan but I couldn’t find the socket for the fan

Picture below
Thanks all sifu for reading

This post has been edited by boarulez: Apr 1 2022, 03:48 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Wedchar2912
post Apr 1 2022, 03:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

you mean power socket or screw holes to attach a fan on the case?

old computer can get those fans that is powered by molex connector.
attaching fan to the case.... this one need mod... good luck.
wailam
post Apr 1 2022, 03:46 PM

Apa benda ini?
950 posts

user posted image
jaycee1
post Apr 1 2022, 03:48 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

For power you can just use the molex power connector. For fan of there is not enough space to put a standard fan (you can screw into the vent holes on top of the IO connectors) or you can buy fans that screws in to the PCIE slots at the back. They are not that efficient but works for extra ventilation

user posted image
andrekua2
post Apr 1 2022, 04:41 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Apr 1 2022, 03:48 PM)
For power you can just use the molex power connector. For fan of there is not enough space to put a standard fan (you can screw into the vent holes on top of the IO connectors) or you can buy fans that screws in to the PCIE slots at the back. They are not that efficient but works for extra ventilation

user posted image
OMG, this legendary fan from those days...
jaycee1
post Apr 1 2022, 06:21 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Apr 1 2022, 04:41 PM)
OMG, this legendary fan from those days...
Hahaha, unkle already mah. But still can find. Last time I used it was like 25 -30 years ago.....

Back then my matrox and 3dfx cards were passively cooled, I stuck this next to it for cooling

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Apr 1 2022, 06:26 PM
SUSTMA_Talks P
post May 3 2022, 09:25 PM

Probation
19 posts

The reason why there are no fans is because this desktop never intended to have fans in mind.
JonathanHanYT
post May 18 2022, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

Your desktop just for normal usage. It won't overheated coz the old processor won't generate so much heat as the modern processor. You can dismantle the heatsink with fan. For me, I will remove the fan out then wash the whole heatsink cleanly with water. Let it fully dry then install back the fan on top of the heatsink before apply thermal paste and install it back on top of the processor. It will give you best heat dispenser but if the fan's motor is not good and it give you slower fan. You can try look for the compatible fan to replace it or buy a new heatsink with fan that can mount up on your mobo.
SUSafretils P
post Oct 25 2023, 04:27 AM

Probation
32 posts

Can you provide the make and model of the PC or the motherboard? This information can help in identifying where you can add a fan.

Look inside the PC case and try to locate any open spots or connectors on the motherboard where you might attach a fan. You may also check for any fan headers on the motherboard, which are typically labeled as "SYS_FAN" or "CHA_FAN."

If you can't find any available fan headers, you might need to use a molex adapter. This allows you to connect the fan directly to the power supply, although it won't provide fan speed control through the motherboard.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:07 AM