Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Any monkey sightseeing place in Selangor?

views

lorkh
post Jan 15 2022, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(babyboby @ Jan 14 2022, 12:36 PM)
Thanks a lot bro for showing great details, that should make my venturing easier. Yes I've seen netizens shared photos of those macaques are usually taken along the bridge, since monkeys prefer riverine or watery areas as their habitat.

As for the fishes, I doubt people can go fishing ikan keli there, this is a great park with lots of meaningful activities can be done.
Yeah that's accurate, it's easy to find monkeys on the bridge. On the bridge during peak time you can find people feeding fish with bread and the monkeys will come for the bread. Fishing is prohibited.

This post has been edited by lorkh: Jan 15 2022, 07:17 PM
TSbabyboby
post Jan 15 2022, 09:36 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(lorkh @ Jan 15 2022, 07:13 PM)
Yeah they're quite numerous; they usually come out in the morning and in the evening AFAIK. I can't say if you can spot them every day coz I don't go there daily. I usually go on Sunday morning & sometimes run there on weekday evening. I don't spot them though every single time I'm there, can say half of the time. They can get aggressive when you have food in hand. Just throw them the food and they'll eat it and leave you alone. Still remember one time I went to a monkey hill in Penang and one wanted to attack us for no reason. My friend pretended to pick up a rock and it backed off.
Normal lah macaques, they think the whole world revolves around their asses. They assumed all tasty food must belonged to them! Lutong are better behaved, even they can be rude by snatching your food at least they don't show aggressive face or easily provoked.

TSbabyboby
post Jan 19 2022, 01:33 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(dreign @ Jan 15 2022, 01:57 PM)
Nope its a public road been there twice only. That was sometime ago lah unless the resident gate up the area.
Not sure what type of monkey. But sure are 2 type cos another group are much smaller body size.
Unfortunately no more monkey feeding place. That road was gated at both ends to prevent cars from driving through. But visitors still can park near the mosque and go in on foot. I think maybe the golf club complained about dirty feeding place and hence the road was closed.

I went there and I spotted a white gibbon and a big beruk walking alone. Then near the slope heading to the apartments uphill stumbled upon another troop of beruk. That area at least got 3 types of monkeys and perhaps more. Well those forests are connected to Titiwangsa Range afterall.

Foxngn
post Feb 22 2022, 09:58 PM

sup,nikka
1,111 posts

Few years back i saw some along the road at ampang, kelab Darul Ehsan

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 PM