4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best tyre for Myvi

views

6UE5T
post Dec 23 2021, 04:22 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Dec 23 2021, 02:23 PM)
Well, you look back up the owner just want good aquaplaning tires. So the test results can show which tire is the better 1. Just a lot of people here think Michelin must be superior is everything, even comfort & silent which they campion long time also loss to Nexen..  rolleyes.gif
As per cyapd feedback, Michelin now is like Apple going into branded category which sometime does not justify the high cost = high performance.
Well you started bashing Michelin using irrelevant examples too which were tests for Primacy 4 and PS4 which are not even available for TS size in 15'! So if you really want to go back to TS question, so what's your suggestion for TS size then?? Falken Ecorun? I suggest PS3 cuz I had used it before and I know how good it was in aquaplanning, beating all tires that I had used aside from maybe GY F1A3 and CSC5 which were not available too in 15'. Do you know if Ecorun is really better than PS3?

As for Nexen, it may beat Michelin in comfort in 1 or 2 tests but is it reliable enough? I've seen several times Nexen got bulging issues before. Does it excel in other criteria too, meaning overall well balanced performance across the board? How often a Nexen tires tops the ranking or within the top 5 in various tire tests by reputable reviewers?

I am not saying Michelin is the absolute best all the time too. To me I even think Goodyear now has better overall line up and value for money, but doesn't mean any other cheaper brands can also easily upstage Michelin in overall criteria across the board. Heck Continental and Pirelli are even often more expensive than Michelin yet often beaten too by Michelin or others.
littlefire
post Dec 23 2021, 04:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 23 2021, 05:22 PM)
As for Nexen, it may beat Michelin in comfort in 1 or 2 tests but is it reliable enough? I've seen several times Nexen got bulging issues before. Does it excel in other criteria too, meaning overall well balanced performance across the board? How often a Nexen tires tops the ranking or within the top 5 in various tire tests by reputable reviewers?

BTW, I used Nexen RU1 tires before, no bulging issues and lasted over 65k some more fitted on SUV & gone with some light off road with it.
I have seen Michelin Primacy tires buldging issue also, it all came down on luck and also how the owner/driver use it.

Personally in our SUV group most cases we seen buldging issue is due to wrong type of tires use for wrong purpose. like the Michelin Primacy case the owner fit not SUV rated tires and abuse it with heavy loading and went off road with it. Some nexen tires also same in early stage when they want to intro in our market they bring in those cheap budget range tires, some member also fitted cheap passenger tires on their SUV. doh.gif

If normal road using without abuse or hitting pot holes like nothing, i believe most budget tires also can survive.
But when go into more demanding mode, then it is wise to upgrade to suitable range.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Dec 23 2021, 04:40 PM
6UE5T
post Dec 23 2021, 04:46 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Dec 23 2021, 04:38 PM)
BTW, I used Nexen RU1 tires before, no bulging issues and lasted over 65k some more fitted on SUV & gone with some light off road with it.
I have seen Michelin Primacy tires buldging issue also, it all came down on luck and also how the owner/driver use it.

Personally in our SUV group most cases we seen buldging issue is due to wrong type of tires use for wrong purpose. like the Michelin Primacy case the owner fit not SUV rated tires and abuse it with heavy loading and went off road with it. Some nexen tires also same in early stage when they want to intro in our market they bring in those cheap budget range tires, some member also fitted cheap passenger tires on their SUV.  doh.gif

If normal road using without abuse or hitting pot holes like nothing, i believe most budget tires also can survive.
But when go into more demanding mode, then it is wise to upgrade to suitable range.
Then if wrong usage cannot blame the tires. The only real problem I see with Michelin is the chipping issue but that's not major. Nexen I've seen several times bulging despite proper usage. The bulging can be very slight almost not noticeable by eyes but when you touch the surface or drive it, then can feel it. So far only Hankook is really good for Korean brands, I personally wouldn't use those others like Kumho or Nexen.
littlefire
post Dec 23 2021, 04:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 23 2021, 05:46 PM)
Then if wrong usage cannot blame the tires. The only real problem I see with Michelin is the chipping issue but that's not major. Nexen I've seen several times bulging despite proper usage. The bulging can be very slight almost not noticeable by eyes but when you touch the surface or drive it, then can feel it. So far only Hankook is really good for Korean brands, I personally wouldn't use those others like Kumho or Nexen.
When i bought Nexen tires they do have tire warranty, if it did not hit pot holes or got any punctured it can be claim within 1 year from my last purchase.
Usually they will sent for investigation of the tires like checking for sidewall crack or really their own problem.

BTW, the side minor bulging issue if not serious and only 1 place it is usually knew as tire sidewall indentation and it is usually harmless.
If found few place bulging and after do balancing still vibrate then it is tire problem.
hustlerism
post Jan 3 2022, 10:21 PM

Devil In Disguise
1,591 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 23 2021, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE(littlefire @ Dec 23 2021, 04:59 PM)
When i bought Nexen tires they do have tire warranty, if it did not hit pot holes or got any punctured it can be claim within 1 year from my last purchase.
Usually they will sent for investigation of the tires like checking for sidewall crack or really their own problem.

BTW, the side minor bulging issue if not serious and only 1 place it is usually knew as tire sidewall indentation and it is usually harmless.
If found few place bulging and after do balancing still vibrate then it is tire problem.
What about Myvi with 14" rims? Which tyre would you guys recommend?
littlefire
post Jan 4 2022, 09:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(hustlerism @ Jan 3 2022, 11:21 PM)
What about Myvi with 14" rims? Which tyre would you guys recommend?
Depending on your budget. If money is not an issue, going to premium brand like Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Goodyear is safer bet.

If want middle range, Falken, Hankook, Yokohama, Toyo, Maxxis is also few good brands to consider.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Search/Size/175...4/Season/Summer

My personal recommendation, either Falken SN832 or Yokohama ES32 for the balance value + performance.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/2018-AD...-175-65-R14.htm

Falken SN832 score 1st for 175/65/R14 tyre category base on the review test link above.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Jan 4 2022, 09:10 AM
hustlerism
post Jan 24 2022, 02:42 AM

Devil In Disguise
1,591 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Jan 4 2022, 09:08 AM)
Depending on your budget. If money is not an issue, going to premium brand like Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Goodyear is safer bet.

If want middle range, Falken, Hankook, Yokohama, Toyo, Maxxis is also few good brands to consider.

My personal recommendation, either Falken SN832 or Yokohama ES32 for the balance value + performance.

Falken SN832 score 1st for 175/65/R14 tyre category base on the review test link above.
Whats the price of Falken SN832 and which tyre centre would you recommend?
littlefire
post Jan 24 2022, 08:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(hustlerism @ Jan 24 2022, 03:42 AM)
Whats the price of Falken SN832 and which tyre centre would you recommend?
Tyre price nowadays price up a lot and not accurate depending on areas

If you want to know direct ask stamford tyres as they are the main distributor of Falken tyres in Malaysia.

https://www.stamfordtyres.com.my/retail-workshop/
hustlerism
post Jan 24 2022, 04:43 PM

Devil In Disguise
1,591 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Jan 24 2022, 08:57 AM)
Tyre price nowadays price up a lot and not accurate depending on areas

If you want to know direct ask stamford tyres as they are the main distributor of Falken tyres in Malaysia.

https://www.stamfordtyres.com.my/retail-workshop/
Just asked them, 175/65/14 is RM140 each. Reasonable?

But it is Falken SN832i. Is it the same with SN832?

This post has been edited by hustlerism: Jan 24 2022, 04:44 PM
littlefire
post Jan 24 2022, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(hustlerism @ Jan 24 2022, 05:43 PM)
Just asked them, 175/65/14 is RM140 each. Reasonable?

But it is Falken SN832i. Is it the same with SN832?
Same bro.
RM140 consider cheap already.
zinniur
post Jan 29 2022, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Jan 4 2022, 09:08 AM)

been using ES32 for almost 20k mileage,the grip for wet is good...but seems the noise is higher than my previous dunlop j06.

is toyo CR1 is better than ES32 or same category?
littlefire
post Jan 31 2022, 08:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(zinniur @ Jan 29 2022, 01:45 PM)
been using ES32 for almost 20k mileage,the grip for wet is good...but seems the noise is higher than my previous dunlop j06.

is toyo CR1 is better than ES32 or same category?
CR1 is local design tires, while ES32 is design for international tires.
If you just want budget only, go for CR1 but dont expect better grip & performance as ES32.

If about noise, please check if your tires got a lot stone chips attach to is as ES32 tires got 1 weakness is due to softer rubber a lot of stones is easier to attach to the tyre tread groove. If you remove the stones the noise can reduce a bit.

Dunlop J06 when new is quiet, but after a while the material went harden and everything went to poor/normal for me. Personally i used before Dunlop but after 10k i changed due to poor braking performance as it went harden and my ride skidded far a lot during emergency braking. Thus i changed back to ES32 after considering all the factors.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Jan 31 2022, 10:57 AM
zinniur
post Jan 31 2022, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Jan 31 2022, 08:56 AM)
If you just want budget only, go for CR1 but dont expect better grip & performance as ES32.

If about noise, please check if your tires got a lot stone chips attach to is as ES32 tires got 1 weakness is due to softer rubber a lot of stones is easier to attach to the tyre tread groove. If you remove the stones the noise can reduce a bit. 

Dunlop J06 when new is quiet, but after a while the material went harden and everything went to poor/normal for me. Personally i used before Dunlop but after 10k i changed due to poor braking performance as it went harden and my ride skidded far a lot during emergency braking. Thus i changed back to ES32 after considering all the factors.
hmm u make sense regarding the stone chips attached to tyre,there's a lot of it,but its quite troublesome to remove everytime...well, any recommended tyre 1 tier above ES32?
LA773
post Feb 3 2022, 05:40 AM

Enthusiast
943 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Jan 31 2022, 08:56 AM)

Really dunlop j6 bad ?
I just changed to j6 last month, shit

So wat u did, can trade in the tyre after 10k?

littlefire
post Feb 4 2022, 09:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(LA773 @ Feb 3 2022, 06:40 AM)
Really dunlop j6 bad ?
I just changed to j6 last month, shit

So wat u did, can trade in the tyre after 10k?
Yes. I trade in for the ES32 with 50% of the original value from the Dunlop tires.
littlefire
post Feb 4 2022, 09:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(zinniur @ Jan 31 2022, 02:19 PM)
hmm u make sense regarding the stone chips attached to tyre,there's a lot of it,but its quite troublesome to remove everytime...well, any recommended tyre 1 tier above ES32?
If you want better tires is either the Falken or go up to Michelin/Bridgestone/Pirelli level.

jepakazoid_82
post Feb 15 2022, 05:44 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

Xm2+ what is the market price ya these days? Maybe try to find some shops in glenmarie for my myvi 15" wheels
StrikeQUAN
post Mar 2 2022, 12:59 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

Hi all Sifu ,

For performance use , which Michelin tire are recommend ?

Wanna install for 16" rims at myvi gen3
littlefire
post Mar 2 2022, 01:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(StrikeQUAN @ Mar 2 2022, 01:59 PM)
Hi all Sifu ,

Personally i dont recommend to go up to 16".
Usually 15" is more better as more performance tyre size & model is available compare to 16"
If want proper mode better opt for wider & lighter sport rim and go for 195/50/R15 tyre size. (Michelin if not mistaken only got PS3 for this size)
If die die need 16" you will need to up size to 205/45/R16 also only PS3 available.

6UE5T
post Mar 2 2022, 02:15 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(StrikeQUAN @ Mar 2 2022, 12:59 PM)
Hi all Sifu ,

QUOTE(littlefire @ Mar 2 2022, 01:28 PM)
Personally i dont recommend to go up to 16".
Usually 15" is more better as more performance tyre size & model is available compare to 16"
If want proper mode better opt for wider & lighter sport rim and go for 195/50/R15 tyre size. (Michelin if not mistaken only got PS3 for this size)
If die die need 16" you will need to up size to 205/45/R16 also only PS3 available.
Agree, stay 15 and use PS3 if want Michelin.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:04 AM