3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mi Box or Mi Stick?, help :D

views

TSbackwards
post May 16 2021, 06:27 PM, updated 7 months ago

17 posts

Hi,

If I just want to watch netflix, google movies & youtube, Mi Box or Mi Stick? Stick is cheaper by about rm100 but I saw somewhere it run a bit warm. Not sure how long can tahan. How about the box? Prefer something long lasting. Not planning to watch a lot, but some things become necessary in the modern world.

Also, Netflix rm17 account can use with this? Or must get the higher $$? Or have to watch on phone and cast to the TV via the box/stick? TV not that big so don't really care about quality coz DVD already looks good on it.

And can anyone recommend a good HDMI splitter to go with it? Cheaper is better, manual also ok.

Thanks biggrin.gif
liquidsny
post May 16 2021, 06:35 PM

On my way
589 posts

Have both mibox n mistik. I use mi stick on my projector and box on tv. Both runs fine with netflix
linkinstreet
post May 16 2021, 07:05 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(backwards @ May 16 2021, 06:27 PM)
Hi,

If I just want to watch netflix, google movies & youtube, Mi Box or Mi Stick? Stick is cheaper by about rm100 but I saw somewhere it run a bit warm. Not sure how long can tahan. How about the box? Prefer something long lasting. Not planning to watch a lot, but some things become necessary in the modern world.

Also, Netflix rm17 account can use with this? Or must get the higher $$? Or have to watch on phone and cast to the TV via the box/stick? TV not that big so don't really care about quality coz DVD already looks good on it.

And can anyone recommend a good HDMI splitter to go with it? Cheaper is better, manual also ok.

Thanks  biggrin.gif
I have both. I would recommend Mi Box because it's much more stable and the extra RAM helps for smoother day to day operation (I usually have to restart the Mi stick every few days, but I can leave my Mi Box turned on for days or months without any issues)
TSbackwards
post May 16 2021, 07:15 PM

17 posts

Thanks thanks biggrin.gif Anyone can answer the other questions?
waghyu
post May 16 2021, 07:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,389 posts

QUOTE(backwards @ May 16 2021, 06:27 PM)
Hi,

Thanks  biggrin.gif
Looking into this as well, which one should buy.
juzmafia
post May 17 2021, 01:09 AM

On my way
562 posts

For your first question, if this is your 1st box then better spend on newer box with newer hardware. Fyi, Mibox S is still using same hardware specs since 2016.
If u are into online streaming only there are newer alternative like Chromecast with Google TV or Mecool KM2.
Mecool KM2 will be suitable if you plan to use it for local playback.

On the second question, RM17/Month package is only for mobile & not able to cast to TV. You need to upgrade to other package.
Better subscribe to premium package & share with 4 people or join existing group.

Refer here for more details:-
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Rubypoyo
post May 17 2021, 11:00 AM

Casual
374 posts

Better go for Mi Box since it can support 4k content youtube and 4k netflix.
Mi Stick is only support 1080p res... if ur using full HD tv then better go for Mi Stick
waghyu
post May 17 2021, 11:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,389 posts

QUOTE(Rubypoyo @ May 17 2021, 11:00 AM)
Better go for Mi Box since it can support 4k content youtube and 4k netflix.
Mi Stick is only support 1080p res... if ur using full HD tv then better go for Mi Stick
Interface ok or laggy? Remote only or can use phone to control?
Rubypoyo
post May 17 2021, 11:18 AM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(waghyu @ May 17 2021, 11:04 AM)
Interface ok or laggy? Remote only or can use phone to control?
I got both Mi Box (living room) and Mi Stick (Bedroom),
From my experience, pretty much no much laggy ....can say ok i guess
Mi box and Stick provide bluetooth remote... and ur also can use android tv apps (download at playstore, setting is just straight forward) to control the box/stick using phone.
waghyu
post May 17 2021, 11:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,389 posts

QUOTE(Rubypoyo @ May 17 2021, 11:18 AM)
I got both Mi Box (living room) and Mi Stick (Bedroom),
From my experience, pretty much no much laggy ....can say ok i guess
Mi box and Stick provide bluetooth remote... and ur also can use android tv apps (download at playstore, setting is just straight forward) to control the box/stick using phone.
Great, awaiting my new upgraded VPN network configured, then get one of these guy.
TSbackwards
post May 17 2021, 02:54 PM

17 posts

Thanks for the help guys! I'm leaning on the Mi Stick because of price, and I'm not planning to watch a lot anyway, just some movies now and then from google store (Speedy RIP) and maybe some netflix but not planning to subscribe every month, only when I need. And not really care about 4k or even HD, since my TV is only like 28" or 32" can't really remember biggrin.gif

The only thing that make me think about the Mi Box now is that I need to use a HDMI splitter. TV only 1 port and using for the digital tv box already. So if its the stick, it will be sticking out of the splitter box and maybe cause it to lop-sided due to weight, coz I expect the splitter to be pretty light...
Rubypoyo
post May 17 2021, 04:30 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(backwards @ May 17 2021, 02:54 PM)
Thanks for the help guys! I'm leaning on the Mi Stick because of price, and I'm not planning to watch a lot anyway, just some movies now and then from google store (Speedy RIP) and maybe some netflix but not planning to subscribe every month, only when I need. And not really care about 4k or even HD, since my TV is only like 28" or 32" can't really remember biggrin.gif

The only thing that make me think about the Mi Box now is that I need to use a HDMI splitter. TV only 1 port and using for the digital tv box already. So if its the stick, it will be sticking out of the splitter box and maybe cause it to lop-sided due to weight, coz I expect the splitter to be pretty light...
U need HDMI Switch not HDMI Splitter, Splitter is use when ur want to display on two output (example 2 tv) from 1 main source tongue.gif
Anyway for HDMI switch any cheap HDMI switch will do just fine. Try to fine HDMI switch with integrated output HDMI male cable so no need to pening about long hdmi cable mess and also can easily conceal the switch behind the TV. example of product is like the link below
(https://shopee.com.my/HDMI-Switcher-3-port-4Kx2K-1080P-AUTO-Switch-adapter-converter-i.5009230.7116906324)
Please keep in mind if ur using old tv chances that the USB port on the TV (if got) is not powerful enough to power up the HDMI Stick....but then again the stick also include power adaptor in the box

This post has been edited by Rubypoyo: May 17 2021, 04:31 PM
TSbackwards
post May 17 2021, 06:10 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Rubypoyo @ May 17 2021, 04:30 PM)
U need HDMI Switch not HDMI Splitter, Splitter is use when ur want to display on two output (example 2 tv) from 1 main source  tongue.gif
Anyway for HDMI switch any cheap HDMI switch will do just fine. Try to fine HDMI switch with integrated output HDMI male cable so no need to pening about long hdmi cable mess and also can easily conceal the switch behind the TV.  example of product is like the link below
(https://shopee.com.my/HDMI-Switcher-3-port-4Kx2K-1080P-AUTO-Switch-adapter-converter-i.5009230.7116906324)
Please keep in mind if ur using old tv chances that the USB port on the TV (if got) is not powerful enough to power up the HDMI Stick....but then again the stick also include power adaptor in the box
Haha right!! I always search HDMI switch on lazada but when I type here it come out wrong. Been looking at something similar, so many sellers have a similar looking switch. Thanks for that, I never realized the integrated cable will save some headache compared to the box type.

The port on the TV is pretty accessible, so I'm now considering trying without the switch. I can plug/unplug according to need until I feel I really need it, especially since I don't seem to see any seller for Mi Stick also selling the switch so I have to order separately anyway. Is there any danger I should know about plug/unplug HDMI? Too much will damage the port?

One last question, I did notice more than one online review for the Mi Stick mentioned the micro usb port there is for "charging". Its for power right? I'm pretty sure something like that don't have space for a battery, nor is it needed...
Rubypoyo
post May 17 2021, 08:20 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(backwards @ May 17 2021, 06:10 PM)
Haha right!! I always search HDMI switch on lazada but when I type here it come out wrong. Been looking at something similar, so many sellers have a similar looking switch. Thanks for that, I never realized the integrated cable will save some headache compared to the box type.

The port on the TV is pretty accessible, so I'm now considering trying without the switch. I can plug/unplug according to need until I feel I really need it, especially since I don't seem to see any seller for Mi Stick also selling the switch so I have to order separately anyway. Is there any danger I should know about plug/unplug HDMI? Too much will damage the port?

One last question, I did notice more than one online review for the Mi Stick mentioned the micro usb port there is for "charging". Its for power right? I'm pretty sure something like that don't have space for a battery, nor is it needed...
no issue regarding unplug/plugin back hdmi, cuma hassle only... just be mindful when unplug/plugin to avoid damage on the hdmi tv port...
The stick can only be powered using adapter or power usb port connected to the stick micro usb...
..oh ya need to mention to transfer data like example apk file, u need to use app like "file commander" (can be download in playstore)...to transfer data via network

skeith
post Jun 5 2021, 01:21 PM

Casual
339 posts

i'm using Mi Stick since someday of 2020.

need to do some trick to make it smooth, like disable some beautiful function, some multitasking background shit, and cooling.

now its my ultimate entertainment machine for 1080p quality, yes, its 2021 and im still using 40" 1080p.

with cooling upgrade, it can run Astro Go, Disney+, Netflix, and gaming emulator (arcade type gaming) fluently without any problem.

but cant play 4K thou. tried that, but audio/video is off align and laggy.
choonsern
post Jun 5 2021, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

wanna ask about Mi Box. if suddenly it cannot be turned on and i wanna send to service centre, will they accept it for repair?
TSbackwards
post Jun 9 2021, 05:43 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(skeith @ Jun 5 2021, 01:21 PM)
i'm using Mi Stick since someday of 2020.

need to do some trick to make it smooth, like disable some beautiful function, some multitasking background shit, and cooling.

now its my ultimate entertainment machine for 1080p quality, yes, its 2021 and im still using 40" 1080p.

with cooling upgrade, it can run Astro Go, Disney+, Netflix, and gaming emulator (arcade type gaming) fluently without any problem.

but cant play 4K thou. tried that, but audio/video is off align and laggy.
Teach me the tricks biggrin.gif

I'm using so far didn't really feel any problem. Just switch on, watch one show, switch off lol. Netflix take a short time to start but not a big problem for me. Insert DVD also take that much time.

Not much left I'm interested to watch, maybe after Rurouni kenshin movies can stop and move to Disney+ but the other thread I saw people complaining of problems.
sadaniel
post May 3 2022, 11:13 AM

On my way
520 posts

My mi tv stick can turn on without usb power. How? Is it safe to proceed or better use usb power.

This post has been edited by sadaniel: May 3 2022, 11:15 AM
jmtstan
post Jun 9 2022, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(sadaniel @ May 3 2022, 11:13 AM)
My mi tv stick can turn on without usb power. How? Is it safe to proceed or better use usb power.
better use usb adapter. i try before mi tv stick on samsung ledtv, it won't load up.

but now Mi TV Stick got 2GB ram version. too bad no USB slot.

I recommend use Realme 4K TV Stick. so far so good, comes preloaded with Google TV OS.

I myself use Mi Box S also. u can basically format external Hard disk in ExFat,
can read and playback from external hard disk.
lightning69
post Aug 8 2022, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,290 posts

I won’t recommend the Mi stick or box, they are old underpower box. If you are only into streaming, then get the Google Chromcast with Android TV, or if you want streaming and playing some files from your HDD, then get the Mecool KM2. The mecool KM2 is a fully Google certified tv box with wide vine L1 so you can watch Netflix ans all others including YouTube in 4k

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:35 PM