Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Scicom (MSC) Sdn Bhd, Anyone worked there?

views

JimbeamofNRT
post Jul 20 2016, 01:26 AM

the Original Lanji@_ Chicken Rice Shop Since 2002
1,453 posts

QUOTE(declogger @ Jun 12 2011, 04:07 AM)
Hi people,

I've read every single thread and I have to say I agree with all of the negatives because believe it or not i was hired and offered a permanent job, signed contracts and apply for company a/c no and everything. So training began.

First of all, i came to accompany my friend and not to work but i ended up getting the job which annoyed me, but since i was looking for additional income, why not.

Yeah so training began IMMEDIATELY. Mostly indians, a few malays and chinese and even fewer foreigners (esp. africans/iran), we were all put into the same room, everyone was nervous and mostly unemployed people, the interview was with James and another lady. If you don't know who's James, it's the tall black dude who talks from his nose. Serious, i don't even know what he's doing in this company he better work as a bouncer some where! And the manager is a lady (who'll know her when you see her) with badly done blonde hair.

Interview goes like this:

State ur name and experience, what's ur background, what's ur education (unnecessary cos it's a dead end job, nuthin rocket science), why you apply, where did u hear it from, when they see u nervous they kinda press u even furture (don't be alarm bcos it's their litmus test for working under pressure, they basically need people who can handle pressure and alot of it on a daily basis), and lastly before you leave they will ask u what is ur most proudest moment when u handle a customer complain, (plainly this is another test to ur future job, u have to answer this way) 1. Identify self and repeat the problem to customer 2. follow sop 3. if stuck, hand to floor supervisor 4. if customer being difficult should be under no circumstances be rude or hang up cos u'll get terminated.

Then James will say ok you'll be hearing from us. Don't sweat it, really guys. You'll get the call 100% cos people resign ALL THE TIME from this company. They have high employee turnover and they are losing money on training for those people who drop out early.

For foreigners u'll need to have a letter of "successfully completed", "that ur a student from that uni", "passport 2 copies", "resume stating 3 years exp" and the usual transcript or confirmed results. And u won't be able to start immediately cos they will have to process ur working permit first before u even start training which will take 1 month or more. So if ur visa is close to expiring pls don't bother find work elsewhere and companies will appreciate u. And foreigners get only 15 days off in 365days! Mostly they won't give holidays cos as u know by now the drop out rate is very high.

Coming back to topic, so i blabbed a lot, it's totally necessary cos i wanna save as much ppl as i can from making the biggest mistake of their life.

Working immediately introduced you to ur classroom, ur trainer mine was John btw, and the call centre floor. As soon as u enter u noticed people talk in hushed tones but as soon as u go into the training room John will talk almost yelling as apparently this is how u need to be clear and loud with the customer which is a total apposite to the first impression.

Training basically will have everyone ROLEPLAYING. Yes, everybody. Useful things you'll learn would be how to be confident and handle high pressure job other than that, problem solving skills none. Everybody will have computer in front of them with customer infos and basically learn about value added system, customer service hotspot, low signal and it's problems, bill enquiry, everything about simcards which could get really boring, you get my drift...

then after 2 weeks they'll bring u up to 25th floor to sign the offer letter which states that ur salary would be up to rm2000 for locals and rm2500 for foreigners, non negotiable. Doesn't say anything about bonus which was what attracted me to join along the first time, so overtime no bonus people. I shouldn't have signed the offer letter. I regret it till now. They post a mean letter to me saying that i owe them money when i quit during "training"... 1 month into the job. Okay so i wasn't accepted yet, i was still under offer and i have to pay ? I quit because the contract and what they say is not the same. About salary. Im suppose to be rm2000 a month but once u sign the contract they come up with weird terms like, from the first 0-90 days i get 1500, 90-120 days i get rm1800 and only after 6 months (officially permanent) do i get my rm2000. WTF.

So I quit.

I felt so liberated!

No Overtime, No bonus, everything about getting terminated if u don't pick up a call, missed a call, hang up a call is true, limited coffee breaks is also true, off days or mc have to take up with supervisor, and ur dreaming if u want to get promoted (they will make u think u will get promotion when ur in training, sugar coat everything) until u sit in the pantry room sipping free milo and having lunch and everywher u look is INDIANs... who gets promoted? Indians. Who gets good graces from trainers and managers? Indians. So if you are any other race pls back out now.

You'll be working at a dead end job for quit sometime until they fire ur ass.

People who can strive in telemarketers, anything that has to do with picking up phone calls for a living are indians cos they bullshit their way out of anything and they will succeed in an indian oriented environment.

Enough racist talk. Moving on.

So not only the classroom reeks of indian odors but you will get preferential treatment as well, unless u are dark and googly eyed forget getting good treatment. smile.gif They don't like u. smile.gif

The contract is not standard. It chokes u.

Do u know that if ur a foreigner u won't get "terminated" under any reason and u can f*** up as many time as u want and still work? This is because they don't want the hassle to terminated and cancel ur visa and miss out on the opportunity to claim "worker ran away" insurance from the government. So they will get money if u ran away. Or simply fly back. smile.gif

Commuting to work is pretty easy but they don't provide travel allowance on top of the poor pay.

I see people break down everyday working there so if u want a true heathy mental state don't even approach this company.

Only if ur truly insane would u work under this company.

Yeah u know, the glamour of working in klcc area, wearing a tie and getting entry level job is exciting, but i suggest u do courses or sign up for master, would be better use of ur time.

One good thing i have to say about this company. Shamala. U'll see her around. She's nice. She listens to everyone and god bless her for giving people opportunity to work. But others are mostly a**hole.

Im running out of words... Yeah reply me i'd love to listen to ur response.

Added on June 30, 2011, 7:13 pmHi all...

There are too many call center turnover due to job dissatisfaction. No employment benefits and paid below a foreigner is just humiliating. It's just rm500 difference. Perhaps if they would have made it the same, they would experience less turnover.

Anyway they are losing money and human capital (their core business). They don't have enough skilled management, IT, Project management people to stabilize the middle management. Too many upper and lower deck employees.

One hint, perhaps if they promote people instead of treating them like dirt maybe they would not be facing this problem.

Promote those bachelor/Master/Phd holders and not those SPM/Diploma people. Seriously. This is what happen if the HRM is indian and have 90% indian working in HRM and have the most Indian spm/diploma/certificate holders holding jobs that are too big for them. They have less business objective and more bias objective, to indianize the organisation.

People holding AM to Senior Management positions are paid below... perhaps average salary levels depends on who you ask. But in my opinion it's below market level.

Enough of training for lower deck employees and have more training for middle management; train them not to use threats for losing a job/fear of losing a job/ fear of going to the little girls room without taking too much out of their payroll... INSTEAD reward/reward/reward/reward/reward. I can't say it enough.

Reward bachelor/master/phd holders by promoting them and training them (mostly are foreigners but they are the only ones available)

Reward benefits such as transportation money/prepaid touch 'n go or watever!

Reward Free breakfast and lunch for the cafeteria

Reward free parking so that people would actually LIKE going to work

Reward with other than monetary terms such as an option to do courses/get certificates
prepaid by the company to increase skill levels/retain human capital - HRM don't you already know this? If you in a the business of providing service by human capital you need to stimulate their minds/their interest in the company/ their dependability in positive ways rather than monetary and fear of going out of a JOB!

DON'T YOU KNOW MCDONALD'S WORKERS OR CAFE WORKERS GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY WITH LESS STRESS, LESS FEAR, LESS OF THE WORD TERMINATION. Think before you think you are some sort of the best in the field there are other jobs out there with similar pay and better CONDITIONS!
I was searching for this scicom and came across your posting. lol.

this co still alive meh?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0109sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:28 PM