Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[2020]iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max Discussion Thread | V1, It’s a leap year.

views

soitsuagain
post Oct 10 2020, 11:39 AM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Oct 10 2020, 08:55 AM)
Apple has a lot of fans like you which is why they make so much money bro laugh.gif

Staying up for the launch?
If I am awake in the middle of the night I could just check out what happened. If not it will be the first thing I see in the morning.

The full load of rumors for iPhone 13 will begin in 4 days laugh.gif
soitsuagain
post Oct 12 2020, 12:51 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Oct 12 2020, 11:00 AM)
no need innovation. every year apple will just need to make one significant change to make people buy their iphones.

this year has one very strong reason to. which is the redesign.
same like iphone 6/6 plus time.

having something on hand that people can immediately tell that you are using a new iphone 12. it is already the greatest selling point this year. haha.
Too bad. You still need a transparent casing for that. Otherwise it will just look like an iphone 11 pro based on leaks. I just hope they would change the way the camera looks too.
soitsuagain
post Oct 12 2020, 12:53 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Oct 12 2020, 11:28 AM)
We shall know in 48 hours or less smile.gif
An exciting Wednesday morning for sure.
soitsuagain
post Oct 13 2020, 04:36 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Oct 13 2020, 02:13 PM)
To be fair the 5 squarish design is quite popular, lots of people like it.

The charger question will be answered tonight but I suspect it's probably true that the phone comes without the adaptor on the pretext that it's more environmentally friendly.
Yes. I still remember the queue for 4/4S and 5 so long even when we were getting two months later than US.

Queue vanish for the 6 onwards.
soitsuagain
post Oct 13 2020, 09:24 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Oct 13 2020, 06:36 PM)
The innovation has been coming from Samsung, Huawei and the likes from the East side of the world for the longest time.
Apple just had a lot of hardcore fans and America protecting the brand. If you put Android into the Apple Phones, they would have lost the competition a long long time ago.

Whether or not Apple gives 120hz screen on their latest phones doesn't matter, for as long as I could remember, hardware wise other manufacturers have always been miles ahead. *shrug* So even if they put in 120hz now, so many other parts of its hardware are still lacking behind. Their only strength is to keep and safeguard the software (ios) close to their hearts so that nobody can mess with it and adjust to their own wills whereas Android is open source. free for all to test and use and customise.
While we are all Asian but most of us don't have such Asian bias like you laugh.gif

To be honest, screw the 120Hz screen. It is not pure innovation. It is a have or a without is fine. IMO the true innovation in phones in the past few years really just boils down to two. Google Pixel's night sight and Apple's FaceID. The rest is meh just downright lame.

For the hardware innovation, mobile manufacturers have none and all credit really belong to TSMC. There I proved it I am not anti Asian. Ok? brows.gif biggrin.gif
soitsuagain
post Oct 14 2020, 07:48 AM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Oct 14 2020, 03:00 AM)
think so, A2407 model is 12 Pro, but Malaysia never got iPhone preorder, in that case possibly launch and start sell on 23rd Oct hmm.gif

the band dont have mmWave but below stated support mmWave hmm.gif
[attachmentid=10631339]
Yup, our preorders are more like register for interest with telco and those who register will get it on the day itself. I don't think we get preferential it is just that Tim Cook tried to have 2 waves of launch that's how we got 11 so soon.

Just glad we are not the isolated countries with their own released dates.
soitsuagain
post Oct 14 2020, 08:57 AM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Oct 14 2020, 08:44 AM)
Cut the lower carbon emission bullshit. All these tactics are here to make consumers pay more to purchase their chargers separately and also their earpods.  If you purchase the earpods and charger separately, these items would have to be packed in different plastic and cardboard boxes packaging and wouldn't that be contributing to more carbon emission and deforestation?

You should be glad though that Apple is not charging for the box the phone comes in though.  lol.gif
The leak you posted was spot on bro. I would agree on the carbon emission. I still have chargers from 10 years ago working. And I am using one of them for my led desk lamp. rclxm9.gif

However I think Apple should not go cheapskate on the fast charger and provide that for 12pro since it is only given for 11pro version for the first time.But you know what, it is obvious they want to sell their magsafe charger.
soitsuagain
post Oct 14 2020, 03:34 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Oct 14 2020, 03:26 PM)
It was very useful for me when I travelled overseas, e-sim with my Malaysia line and the physical sim slot to use with the local line (mostly for data).

Now that its CMCO/MCO and can't travel, no use hahahaha
You're opposite from me haha. I used sim for local line and e-sim for overseas much more convenient. icon_rolleyes.gif
soitsuagain
post Oct 14 2020, 04:10 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Oct 14 2020, 03:48 PM)
Can get esim for prepaid card when in foreign country?
Yes. So damn convenient. No need to tape around ur SIM card. I was telling this to uncle Benny since the launch of esim on iPhone XS which benefit travellers but everyone goes on and rant about wanting a dual sim card.
soitsuagain
post Oct 14 2020, 04:36 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Oct 14 2020, 03:45 PM)
Flagship Android phones prices getting higher because they make profit via the hardware with excuses like Qualcomm 5G modem expensive etc. Apple is now getting more revenue from Services, hence they no longer sell iphone at such high margin. Makes sense for Apple to get more people into their eco system so that they earn from Services revenue.

I thought I will get iphone and make the painful switch from Android to Apple. Apple software much more stable than Android and the support cycle much longer. But the 120Hz screen... I need faster refresh rate because I read a lot from phones... my eyes getting painful...

120Hz does help reading?
No 120Hz doesn't help in reading. It only supports smoother scrolling and app switching animation. Most essential for gaming.

So if you are on a webpages and trying to read while scrolling with a much more fluid animation it might probably[I] reduces eye strain like trying to read as soon as the scrolling animation stops. But then that is under the assumption that your phone has not used up the RAM and CPU not high utilized.

If you a reading a page and the page is not moving it is essentially useless.
soitsuagain
post Oct 14 2020, 07:50 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

I think Apple just do not want to go backward on a technology when they have incorporated a FaceID in it. With this development I am gonna say under screen touchID would not even happen for the iPhone.
soitsuagain
post Oct 15 2020, 09:32 AM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Oct 15 2020, 08:40 AM)
Hahaha...Malaysia being on the first tier launch says a lot about ready stocks no? tongue.gif

Anyway as a true blue ifag, it is your call of duty to help Apple stay afloat. You have to buy not one but a few units bro.... to help Apple keep up its market share and profits. nod.gif  tongue.gif
I think is 30/10 no? I am not sure about ready stocks bro because Pro Max will only be available next month even for the US.
soitsuagain
post Oct 15 2020, 03:10 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Oct 15 2020, 01:46 PM)
So, it's possible to purchase the eSIM and just use it once landed? Definitely a huge plus to eSIM for the convenience.

I am still doing the old school way by going to the airport kiosk upon landing.

Are you able to have dual eSIM standby on your current iPhone?
You can even purchase the esim for your destination country before you even landed. Esim is a boon to travellers really.
soitsuagain
post Oct 15 2020, 03:19 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Oct 15 2020, 02:08 PM)
Hahaha, no bro, I just own a charger and a pair of AirPods Pro laugh.gif
Would you be buying the magsafe charger?I’m thinking of getting one myself.
soitsuagain
post Oct 15 2020, 03:31 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(moniqee @ Oct 15 2020, 03:22 PM)
Plus RM99 for a 20W charger.
soitsuagain
post Oct 15 2020, 11:20 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(Seng_Kiat @ Oct 15 2020, 08:17 PM)
guys,

since 12 is coming soon to our market, I believe many user want to let go their 11 pro max. I am thinking to grab those new/used 11 pro max and it could save me about RM2k from getting 12 pro max. I dont see any much improvement on the 12 pro max. settling for 11 pro max probably a good idea and value for money.

Im using Xs Max now. The only thing I miss is the wide view camera. If only it has wide view, I wouldnt consider the upgrade now.

what do you think guys?
Bro, don't get 11 pro max. You will be losing out nightmode for the ultrawide, telephoto and selfie lens plus 5G. Not now but will future proof ur phone.
soitsuagain
post Oct 16 2020, 05:13 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Oct 16 2020, 05:02 PM)
certainly not for bolehland. when apple stores online is preparing for new products etc. they are down for the whole world no matter it is relevant to a country.
Bolehland is Oct 30 from their newsroom...
soitsuagain
post Oct 16 2020, 05:19 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(Pat89 @ Oct 16 2020, 05:14 PM)
Where did you obtained the info?
Attached Image
soitsuagain
post Oct 16 2020, 09:08 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(Pat89 @ Oct 16 2020, 06:03 PM)
Yeah, you got that piece of information right mate!

Perhaps, I should put my order for magsafe clear case and wallet  rclxms.gif
We may not even be in that tier lol. India listed on that tier already shows availability date. Is like last year when we know our released date on launch. The good news is we know the pricing! iPhone XS at this time we are still in the dark about pricing so it is a huge improvement rclxm9.gif
soitsuagain
post Oct 17 2020, 08:25 AM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(dattebayo @ Oct 17 2020, 01:12 AM)
various factor as in contribution to sales, and the GDP, GDP per capital etc

Korea wise is because their market dominated by homegrown brand LG, Samsung, very little space available for Apple

Meanwhile for Japan, more and more people shifted from traditional clamshell 4G phone into smartphone, despite they have their Sony brand but looks like young people there prefer iPhone more

probably we will get it after Koreans got theirs, around the same timing as Thais
We will be ahead of Thais this year as of last year.

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2014sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:04 PM