Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[OCT 2020] terminating Maxis Fiber, why now need wait to return hardware ?

views

TSTina91
post Oct 4 2020, 04:05 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
132 posts

update as of 23 OCT 2020 :
confirm subscription with maxis is now no more, and my relationship i now officially end with them.
but still get a last bill dated at 21 OCT 2020 = RM62.95 bill... maxis i will remember you for this.

update as of 12/10/2020:
thanks to Maxis blue tick , my account is finally status "suspended" , and some one called to setup a date and place to pick up their loan equipment.

for termination , may i know if there is any changes in the hardware (router, modem and phone) returning procedure/policy ?

called maxis call service and verify that termination can be done , and was even told to bring all the hardware for return purpose.

then after a week , when i went to Maxis service center @ the garden.
after the counter person check my account and IC , they say ok termination can be done , please wait for some one to call you for collecting the hardware.

i ask cant you people just take it and get this over? all the hardware loan by maxis is just in front of you and right beside me , like, right now, and these are advice by your call center to bring it over for return.

they say NO , now the new policy is these will be collect once they contact you via call, someone will come and collect.

is this so called "change of policy" is for real ?
i don't mind the change in policy even if that is happen just recently , but i see no logic in this "wait someone to call and come collect the hardware" part.

imagine some one go back to another state or oversea, how the F can people wait for your call????
also, what if any delay happen at maxis side ? will i be charge for monthly fee since the hardware is not yet return?
i do no wish to get charged in the bill later , and when i ask just to get excuses such as "not yet return hardware".

bloody maxis.

This post has been edited by Tina91: Oct 23 2020, 10:14 PM
overmars
post Oct 5 2020, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(Tina91 @ Oct 4 2020, 04:05 PM)
for termination , may i know if there is any changes in the hardware (router, modem and phone) returning procedure/policy ?

called maxis call service and verify that termination can be done , and was even told to bring all the hardware for return purpose.

then after a week , when i went to Maxis service center @ the garden.
after the counter person check my account and IC , they say ok termination can be done , please wait for some one to call you for collecting the hardware.

i ask cant you people just take it and get this over? all the hardware loan by maxis is just in front of you and right beside me , like, right now, and these are advice by your call center to bring it over for return.

they say NO , now the new policy is these will be collect once they contact you via call, someone will come and collect.

is this so called "change of policy" is for real ?
i don't mind the change in policy even if that is happen just recently , but i see no logic in this "wait someone to call and come collect the hardware" part.

imagine some one go back to another state or oversea, how the F can people wait for your call????
also, what if any delay happen at maxis side ? will i be charge for monthly fee since the hardware is not yet return?
i do no wish to get charged in the bill later , and when i ask just to get excuses such as "not yet return hardware". 

bloody maxis.
Dammm really??!!! I'm also planning to terminate the maxis fibre of my hometown house once the contract is up next week. Been reading the contract TnC and their website FAQ, they only mention on bringing the ONU to their service centre for termination. What's with this new policy?????!!! Damm if it's real, maybe we should group up and complain to MCMC.

overmars
post Oct 5 2020, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

Just realised that there's a bluetick Maxis account in this forum.

We will be awaiting for your comment Maxis
TSTina91
post Oct 7 2020, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(overmars @ Oct 5 2020, 04:40 PM)
Dammm really??!!! I'm also planning to terminate the maxis fibre of my hometown house once the contract is up next week. Been reading the contract TnC and their website FAQ, they only mention on bringing the ONU to their service centre for termination. What's with this new policy?????!!! Damm if it's real, maybe we should group up and complain to MCMC.
QUOTE(overmars @ Oct 5 2020, 05:02 PM)
Just realised that there's a bluetick Maxis account in this forum.

We will be awaiting for your comment Maxis
hi overmars , can you feedback here and see if you get the same info as i do when you go terminate?

cuz what ever they told me at maxis center at the garden not just sounds no logic at all, but also , up until today:
- no one from maxis or there agent or onsite people call or contacted me , nil, nada , f this bs.
- checking at maxis.com.my still show my subscription is in status "active". this smells like bs as well if you ask me.

I'm so gonna visit the maxis service center if no action from their side by this week.
not gonna let them charge me for another month, since i wasted two months and pay for nothing , just to wait for terminate once the contract reach two years.

Maxis can you come here and verify if this "change of policy" for returning your shitty hardware is real, or just pure bs from tat personal at your maxis center , just so that you people can drag and charge me another month of payment ?

This post has been edited by Tina91: Oct 7 2020, 11:02 AM
Maxis
post Oct 7 2020, 02:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(Tina91 @ Oct 7 2020, 11:01 AM)
hi overmars , can you feedback here and see if you get the same info as i do when you go terminate?

cuz what ever they told me at maxis center at the garden not just sounds no logic at all, but also , up until today:
- no one from maxis or there agent or onsite people call or contacted me , nil, nada , f this bs.
- checking at maxis.com.my still show my subscription is in status "active". this smells like bs as well if you ask me.
I'm so gonna visit the maxis service center if no action from their side by this week.
not gonna let them charge me for another month, since i wasted two months and pay for nothing , just to wait for terminate once the contract reach two years. 
Maxis can you come here and verify if this "change of policy" for returning your shitty hardware is real, or just pure bs from tat personal at your maxis center , just so that you people can drag and charge me another month of payment ?
Hi There,

Kindly PM us your details for further checking.

-Maxis-
YoungMan
post Oct 7 2020, 08:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(Tina91 @ Oct 7 2020, 12:01 PM)

Try KLCC Maxis center. Heard that is their HQ.
trix
post Oct 8 2020, 10:44 AM

Enthusiast
798 posts

Changed from Maxis Fiber to Unifi back in July, router+4g dongle still with me
No extra charge whatsoever in my Maxis phone bill until now other than the RM500 penalty for early termination
indran1412
post Oct 8 2020, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

From my personal experience, no one from maxis is gonna collect the equipment. So feel free to do your own thing instead of waiting for them to call you. Just hold on to the item for at least 6 months then you can sell it or throw it away. I threw away mine. It's been 2 years since I terminated maxis fibre and no one contacted me and I did not get charged at all. I even resubscribed to maxis fibre without any penalty.
TSTina91
post Oct 10 2020, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(Maxis @ Oct 7 2020, 02:15 PM)
Hi There,

Kindly PM us your details for further checking.

-Maxis-
done pm and reply received, thank you blue tick

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Oct 7 2020, 08:03 PM)
Try KLCC Maxis center. Heard that is their HQ.
thank you. if nothing happen to my account and still show active by next week then will pay them a visit over there

QUOTE(trix @ Oct 8 2020, 10:44 AM)
Changed from Maxis Fiber to Unifi back in July, router+4g dongle still with me
No extra charge whatsoever in my Maxis phone bill until now other than the RM500 penalty for early termination
ok thats good news, my only concern is why status still show active despite i request for temination.

QUOTE(indran1412 @ Oct 8 2020, 11:08 AM)
From my personal experience, no one from maxis is gonna collect the equipment. So feel free to do your own thing instead of waiting for them to call you. Just hold on to the item for at least 6 months then you can sell it or throw it away. I threw away mine. It's been 2 years since I terminated maxis fibre and no one contacted me and I did not get charged at all. I even resubscribed to maxis fibre without any penalty.
thats why i wanna confirm b4 i gonna throw all these. their equipment is terrible quality anyway, especially the router given. im getting conflicted info from their call center vs their counter, thats what make me very worried when notice no one called. will keep these for the moment and hopefully will end up same like your scenario.
peri peri
post Oct 12 2020, 01:12 AM

10k nonsense talkative club
All Stars
11,940 posts

Dont be happy keeping those modem and router without returning to maxis. my experience on terminating a dongle, eventually 4 years later they still send me a bill charging the dongle equipment which i have returned. luckily i still keeping the evidence. maxshet always gives surprise.
ya, i terminated mine at alamanda. equipment all return on the spot. and last bill just received and account disappeared.
overmars
post Oct 12 2020, 07:45 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(Tina91 @ Oct 7 2020, 11:01 AM)

I just called their customer service.

I have asked the CS to suspend my account while i wait on the termination. The CS said they will take about 12 working days to collect the ONU.

Im actually relocating from penang to KL for a year. My new house has coverage for Maxis fiber but they are so rigid on restarting the contract lock-in period upon relocation (24 months) - think it will be best to just terminate my current contract. Since they are so rigid on their relocation terms (bollocks for trying to reset my contract even though i've been with them for more than 4 years), they gonna lose a customer. Not that they care anyway. haha.

This post has been edited by overmars: Oct 12 2020, 07:46 PM
TSTina91
post Oct 13 2020, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(peri peri @ Oct 12 2020, 01:12 AM)
Dont be happy keeping those modem and router without returning to maxis. my experience on terminating a dongle, eventually 4 years later they still send me a bill charging the dongle equipment which i have returned. luckily i still keeping the evidence. maxshet always gives surprise.
ya, i terminated mine at alamanda. equipment all return on the spot. and last bill just received and account disappeared.
thats why i totally dont get it. why can't i just return on the spot.
asking user to go back and wait for call and some one will come and collect your equipment is pure stupid.

QUOTE(overmars @ Oct 12 2020, 07:45 PM)
I just called their customer service.

I have asked the CS to suspend my account while i wait on the termination. The CS said they will take about 12 working days to collect the ONU.

Im actually relocating from penang to KL for a year. My new house has coverage for Maxis fiber but they are so rigid on restarting the contract lock-in period upon relocation (24 months) - think it will be best to just terminate my current contract. Since they are so rigid on their relocation terms (bollocks for trying to reset my contract even though i've been with them for more than 4 years), they gonna lose a customer. Not that they care anyway. haha.
LOL ? seriously ?
i can understand if you decide to change plan , but why relocation need reset contract ? that make no sense.
im done with Maxis, 2 years is already too much.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.06    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:27 AM