Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guide buying guitar from oversea., Buying guitar from japan.

views

TSangkolbani P
post Aug 11 2020, 08:12 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
9 posts

Hi,

I'm new to buying from oversea. I just bought guitar from ishibashi japan and now the item is in custom. What do I need to prepare or expect when I get to custom to release/get my guitar?
I've read somewhere that you need to open the box infront of the custom. Is it right? I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.
+3kk!
post Aug 11 2020, 09:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

the shipping company will normally let you know about how much the taxes are (+10% on shipping and value)

i think ichibashi uses ems, never order from them before, but iirc post malaysia takes over from here
TSangkolbani P
post Aug 14 2020, 04:01 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Aug 11 2020, 09:43 PM)
the shipping company will normally let you know about how much the taxes are (+10% on shipping and value)

i think ichibashi uses ems, never order from them before, but iirc post malaysia takes over from here
I see. Is there a difference between ems shipping and other shipping method?

The guitar already arrive in Malaysia, but I'm from east Malaysia. Usually how long does it takes for the custom to complete their inspection and continue shipping to east malaysia?
It arrives on the 11th of August for reference.
+3kk!
post Aug 14 2020, 04:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(angkolbani @ Aug 14 2020, 04:01 PM)
I see. Is there a difference between ems shipping and other shipping method?

The guitar already arrive in Malaysia, but I'm from east Malaysia. Usually how long does it takes for the custom to complete their inspection and continue shipping to east malaysia?
It arrives on the 11th of August for reference.
Normally the local post takes over for EMS iirc, i never used it so i dont really know, its a lot cheaper tho.

Other ones like Fedex/DHL do end to end, basically they pickup, bring down, sort out all the customs issue for you and deliver to your doorstep. is often faster but much more expensive.

Customs can be tricky especially this period, i got something pushed back early this year and left on the sea for 2 months before it came in. But in my past experience with Fedex, about 1-2 days.

TSangkolbani P
post Aug 14 2020, 05:30 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Aug 14 2020, 04:09 PM)
Normally the local post takes over for EMS iirc, i never used it so i dont really know, its a lot cheaper tho.

Other ones like Fedex/DHL do end to end, basically they pickup, bring down, sort out all the customs issue for you and deliver to your doorstep. is often faster but much more expensive.

Customs can be tricky especially this period, i got something pushed back early this year and left on the sea for 2 months before it came in. But in my past experience with Fedex, about 1-2 days.
Thank you for sharing the information. Maybe it got delay because of the worst situation we are in now and maybe there is a bulk load of other imported goods that they need to inspect too. Hopefully everything is good though.

Can I ask you if don't mind? Did you buy guitar from oversea too? If yes, how do they deal with the tax duty. Do they use refer the invoice that come with the imported goods or they rather use the documents/printed invoice/receipt that we bring?

quarantined
post Aug 14 2020, 05:33 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

in my case usually they (PosM) will contact me and see if i want to have them help settle the custom tax and send to my address, or want to self collect.

the tax is based on the documents already attached to the item.
+3kk!
post Aug 14 2020, 06:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(angkolbani @ Aug 14 2020, 05:30 PM)
Thank you for sharing the information. Maybe it got delay because of the worst situation we are in now and maybe there is a bulk load of other imported goods that they need to inspect too. Hopefully everything is good though.

Can I ask you if don't mind? Did you buy guitar from oversea too? If yes, how do they deal with the tax duty. Do they use refer the invoice that come with the imported goods or they rather use the documents/printed invoice/receipt that we bring?
yea bought a few before,

its incoming invoice + shipping cost

say you buy a guitar at 1000, shipping is 400, then sales tax is 10% , so its 1400 x 10% = 140

some cases they will ask you to go go klia to clear it, but that has never happened to me before
TSangkolbani P
post Aug 16 2020, 12:10 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Aug 14 2020, 06:35 PM)
yea bought a few before,

its incoming invoice + shipping cost

say you buy a guitar at 1000, shipping is 400, then sales tax is 10% , so its 1400 x 10% = 140

some cases they will ask you to go go klia to clear it, but that has never happened to me before
Noted.Thank you for sharing. Appreciate it.
TSangkolbani P
post Aug 16 2020, 12:11 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Aug 14 2020, 05:33 PM)
in my case usually they (PosM) will contact me and see if i want to have them help settle the custom tax and send to my address, or want to self collect.

the tax is based on the documents already attached to the item.
Yeah, I just contact my local PosM and they say the same thing. Thank you for sharing your experience. Appreciate it.
quarantined
post Aug 17 2020, 12:19 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

what are you buying? cant help.. curious mind.. haha
TSangkolbani P
post Aug 23 2020, 04:51 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Aug 17 2020, 12:19 PM)
what are you buying? cant help.. curious mind.. haha
Sorry late reply. I bought an Ibanez Prestige RG2550ZA.

Sadly, my guitar still didn't move from last update on 11th Aug.
quarantined
post Aug 24 2020, 09:57 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

QUOTE(angkolbani @ Aug 23 2020, 04:51 PM)

nice guitar.. Call and try chase them a bit..

This post has been edited by quarantined: Aug 24 2020, 09:58 AM
+3kk!
post Aug 24 2020, 12:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(angkolbani @ Aug 23 2020, 04:51 PM)

so its in kl?

shipping between EM and WM has been an ass these days, the place i work, some things got delayed since march, and some things kinda keep getting interrupted. just last week one shipment got delayed a week and it was a small parcel
TSangkolbani P
post Aug 24 2020, 02:50 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Aug 24 2020, 09:57 AM)
nice guitar.. Call and try chase them a bit..
I'm thinking of calling but don't know who to call, custom or pos malaysia?
TSangkolbani P
post Aug 24 2020, 02:51 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Aug 24 2020, 12:16 PM)
so its in kl?

shipping between EM and WM has been an ass these days, the place i work, some things got delayed since march, and some things kinda keep getting interrupted. just last week one shipment got delayed a week and it was a small parcel
Yes its still in kl. almost 2 weeks now in custom inspection.
TSangkolbani P
post Aug 24 2020, 03:22 PM

Probation
9 posts

Hmmm.. After calling on my local PosM, they said that they the item is in the wrong country. Already make an official report. Hope they take action fast.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:42 PM