Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Home buy recommendation, Porpertt recommendation

views

TSbsc1280 P
post Jul 13 2020, 09:41 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
9 posts

Hi All,

I am an MM2H holder and plan to move to KL with mu family. My wife and 3 kids aged 14,9,5 would live in KL while I would work abroad and would fly in every weekend (or every other weekend).

I need your help to please help narrow down my search for Home/Condos that I could consider. I would tell you my budget and requirement below:

1. Size: 250 sdft
2. 4 Bed Room+
3. Condos (duplex better) or townhouse or terrace house or villa
4. In Expat friendly areas
5. security of the development is very important
6. facilities would be appreciated

7. Budget: around 1.5M-2M RM. I can stretch it upto 2.5M but that would impact my monthly budget.
8. Freehold property preferred
9. Landed property preferred
10. New or recent development.

Proximity to schools is important. I prefer IB school and budget is around 50K-60K RM per year per child. I have shortlisted Cempaka International school in damansara heights or Fairview International school ( Subang Jaya or Wanga Maju). I hope these schools will have buses from other areas of city too.

I looked at website and Mont Kiara seems to be expat friendly but its high rise and looks a bit conjested. I liked Bangsar and Damansara Heights areas but not many Landed preoprties in my budget.
How is desa park city area? I really liked KLGCC Alya but it seems to be way out of my budget :-(.
Geo Lake Sunway looks OK but its also not close to city centre. Pavillion Hill Since my wife would be living alone during weekdays with kids so security and prximity to malls, tutions centres, kids stuff is important.

Please help make some recommendation of project that meet most of my criteria. I would really appreciate your help.

thanks a lot!
SUSbronkos
post Jul 13 2020, 09:46 PM

Regular
1,159 posts

best advice from fellow mm2h hongkongers is dont rush to buy, rent first.

This post has been edited by bronkos: Jul 13 2020, 09:48 PM
TSbsc1280 P
post Jul 13 2020, 10:24 PM

Probation
9 posts

I am also from Hong Kong ( originally from sixth Asia )
I just wanted to plan better and look at potential choices and plan my budget
I would not buy before I move
Any recommendations based on my criteria ?
ycant P
post Jul 13 2020, 10:27 PM

Probation
24 posts

model answer: desa park city
A.B.D.
post Jul 13 2020, 10:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,316 posts

points 1-3 are just the physical description of a property. actually your top criteria for location are points 4-6. i think desa parkcity is the best for you. your house will be inside a secured area that is within a larger secured area. it is safer to jog, cycle, walk in the park than the public roads of Mont Kiara or KLCC or Damansara Heights or Bangsar. facilities are considered excellent. there are numerous IB schools around KL, so transport to school shouldn't be a problem.
TSbsc1280 P
post Jul 13 2020, 11:22 PM

Probation
9 posts

Thanks guys
I saw ads of klgcc alya and my heart just swayed for it
What’s the cheapest town house/villa there ? Am I idealizing it too much ? Is there anything similar closer to city ?

How is the commute from desa park city to damansara height and to wangsa maju ? Is it considered too long for a school commute ?

Also Sunway Geolake ? The Villa as look good but it’s a bit away from city. How is the ara considered ?

Please keep the recommendations coming
Thanks !
jasonchaw
post Jul 14 2020, 12:23 AM

On my way
659 posts

QUOTE(bsc1280 @ Jul 13 2020, 11:22 PM)
Thanks guys
I saw ads of klgcc alya and my heart just swayed for it
What’s the cheapest town house/villa there ? Am I idealizing it too much ? Is there anything similar closer to city ?

How is the commute from desa park city to damansara height and to wangsa maju ? Is it considered too long for a school commute ?

Also Sunway Geolake ? The Villa as look good but it’s a bit away from city. How is the ara considered ?

Please keep the recommendations coming
Thanks !
sunway area is 100% no issue.
everything are within radius, just the price.

mont kiara / desa park can say is expat top choice area.
behold the price ~ haha

currently still waiting for the official memo from the Selangor state government about the foreigner purchase limit reduce to 1.5mil.
then you may consider affiniti residences, that near bukit jalil. there is new pavillion in bukit jalil too. quite near to this project.
nearest international school is kingsgate https://www.kingsgate.edu.my/

but it not the whole township planning like desa park city, just a small project for houses.

anyway, if you ok with farther distance from KL city center, you may consider project from Eco world.
like eco granduer, eco sanctuary
Gen-Z
post Jul 14 2020, 02:06 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

For safety nothing beats Desa park city. It’s also accessible to wangsa maju through MRR2 Highway, not too near but it bypasses the city
Kakacaucau
post Jul 14 2020, 03:59 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

9 bukit utama
icemanfx
post Jul 14 2020, 04:09 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,779 posts

Suggest to rent first and buy later.
AFZAARTING
post Jul 14 2020, 04:41 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(bsc1280 @ Jul 13 2020, 09:41 PM)
Hi All,

I am an MM2H holder and plan to move to KL with mu family. My wife and 3 kids aged 14,9,5 would live in KL while I would work abroad and would fly in every weekend (or every other weekend).

I need your help to please help narrow down my search for Home/Condos that I could consider. I would tell you my budget and requirement below:

1. Size: 250 sdft
2. 4 Bed Room+
3. Condos (duplex better) or townhouse or terrace house or villa
4. In Expat friendly areas
5. security of the development is very important
6. facilities would be appreciated

7. Budget: around 1.5M-2M RM. I can stretch it upto 2.5M but that would impact my monthly budget.
8. Freehold property preferred
9. Landed property preferred
10. New or recent development.

Proximity to schools is important. I prefer IB school and budget is around 50K-60K RM per year per child. I have shortlisted Cempaka International school in damansara heights or Fairview International school ( Subang Jaya or Wanga Maju). I hope these schools will have buses from other areas of city too.

I looked at website and Mont Kiara seems to be expat friendly but its high rise and looks a bit conjested. I liked Bangsar and Damansara Heights areas but not many Landed preoprties in my budget.
How is desa park city area? I really liked KLGCC Alya but it seems to be way out of my budget :-(.
Geo Lake Sunway looks OK but its also not close to city centre. Pavillion Hill Since my wife would be living alone during weekdays with kids so security and prximity to malls, tutions centres, kids stuff is important. 

Please help make some recommendation of project that meet most of my criteria. I would really appreciate your help.

thanks a lot!
QUOTE(bsc1280 @ Jul 13 2020, 10:24 PM)
I am also from Hong Kong ( originally from sixth Asia )
I just wanted to plan better and look at potential choices and plan my budget
I would not buy before I move
Any recommendations based on my criteria ?
Mutiara Damansara - Double Story House (2/2.5 storeys, Freehold, 1-2mil)

Damansara Perdana- Semi-D House The Rafflesia (Leasehold, 1.5-2.5mil)

Kota Damansara - Lots of choice.

TTDI - Double Story House.

This area are the best for expats. Great neighborhood.

This post has been edited by AFZAARTING: Jul 14 2020, 04:44 AM
SUSLiamness
post Jul 14 2020, 09:37 AM

Casual
445 posts

have you considered Tropicana & Bandar Utama? I would say these areas are also good for your requirements. The kids can take a private chartered school bus too. So your wife won't be a full-time driver all of the time.

TSbsc1280 P
post Jul 14 2020, 11:06 PM

Probation
9 posts

Thanks I will check Tropicana and Bandar Utama

For desa park city are there any landed properties that have been newly constructed available ?

This forum has been very helpful
Please keep the good suggestions coming !
luckystar8888
post Jul 14 2020, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Sunway Serene, Residensi Hijauan The Greens Subang West, Ara damansara kota damansara area also a lot
TSbsc1280 P
post Jul 14 2020, 11:26 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(luckystar8888 @ Jul 14 2020, 11:16 PM)
Sunway Serene, Residensi Hijauan The Greens Subang West, Ara damansara kota damansara area also a lot
Thanks
These area seem to further away from the city compared to desa park city , is my understanding correct
In terms of kids entertainment options , god do these area fare ?
Thanks
mag9
post Jul 15 2020, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

Why you need to choose area near to city center ? As you travel frequently shouldnt you select places that near to airport ?

Airport is quite far from city center, at least an hour drive
deedeee
post Jul 15 2020, 12:40 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

I would go with somewhere that is more accessible to the airport though, as you would be flying in and out presumably on a weekly basis. Places within easy reach of the ERL / KL Sentral might be better then.
TSbsc1280 P
post Jul 15 2020, 08:36 AM

Probation
9 posts

Thanks guys
Yes I will be flying in and out almost every weekend
My thoughts were:
1. Area should be expat friendly
2. Closer to city centre where there are eateries , entertainment options , Tution Centre’s for my wife and kids who will be living there full time
3. IB Schools ( Cempaka damansara heights , Fairview etc.) budget around 50k-60k a month
4. If I chose an area closer to airport, we will be limited to that area and not the real action in the city centre

Btw I have a family friend living in adamansaea heights abd have visited KL 3-4 times in past few years

Am I thinking it all wrong ? Is there an area which meets the above criteria and also more accessible from airport ( I would be taking grab mostly I think )

Thanks !

kemowoc P
post Jul 15 2020, 09:42 AM

Probation
23 posts

Suasana Sentral Loft, KL Sentral
1.35mill - 3+1 bedroom

6min walk to KL Sentral > KLIA express > Airport
10min walk to Havil International schools
plenty of shopping mall around for your wife
doggmeister
post Jul 15 2020, 09:51 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(kemowoc @ Jul 15 2020, 09:42 AM)
Suasana Sentral Loft, KL Sentral
1.35mill - 3+1 bedroom

6min walk to KL Sentral > KLIA express > Airport
10min walk to Havil International schools
plenty of shopping mall around for your wife
can also consider sentral residence 3bed unit 2m, direct access to kl sentral and current prices are below developers price so lots of future capital growth

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.80    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:20 PM