3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is it worth getting Huawei phones now?, Like the Huawei P40 series

views

TSneverest8
post May 18 2020, 05:43 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
57 posts

Hi tech enthusiasts. I was shopping around for a new phone because my Huawei P10 is almost out of commission. Just wondering if it is worth getting the latest one as I know there is no Google support for the phone. Been a loyal Huawei phone user and just wondering if there is any difference. Thanks in advance! laugh.gif
abu.shofwan
post May 18 2020, 05:55 PM

Regular
1,455 posts

Depends on what you use, I think.

Like if you use apps that absolutely must have GMS, then it's no go.

I use Gmail and Waze, so I don't think I can replace my p20 pro with the latest from Huawei. Iinm, the last p series that has gms was the p30 series? So only one generation upgrade for me, while I normally go for at least 2 generations.

But for you, it may still be worth it to go from p10 to p30 series.
TSneverest8
post May 18 2020, 06:09 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Appreciate the tips.

This is why I am worried as Android support is no longer available. Even if I do get the the P30, how long will they release updates? And if there is no more support, how easy/hard it is to root Huawei to get the latest version of Android.

Also, I am using Gmail and Waze too so I can't imagine using the phone without it.

PS. I saw that they are re-releasing the P30 series and I am mulling over it.
ehwee
post May 20 2020, 03:12 AM

Value Our Living Spaces!
786 posts

QUOTE(neverest8 @ May 18 2020, 06:09 PM)
Appreciate the tips.

This is why I am worried as Android support is no longer available. Even if I do get the the P30, how long will they release updates? And if there is no more support, how easy/hard it is to root Huawei to get the latest version of Android.

Also, I am using Gmail and Waze too so I can't imagine using the phone without it.

PS. I saw that they are re-releasing the P30 series and I am mulling over it.
Can use Edison mail to replace Gmail, here wego for waze.

If you are mate book or honor magic book owner, it's convenient to have latest Huawei phone for their instant file sharing feature.
WiLeKiyO
post May 20 2020, 02:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,144 posts

QUOTE(neverest8 @ May 18 2020, 05:43 PM)
Hi tech enthusiasts. I was shopping around for a new phone because my Huawei P10 is almost out of commission. Just wondering if it is worth getting the latest one as I know there is no Google support for the phone. Been a loyal Huawei phone user and just wondering if there is any difference. Thanks in advance!  laugh.gif
Personally I cannot live without GMS.

Would never buy a phone without GMS.
nonexno
post May 20 2020, 10:50 PM

On my way
563 posts

Used p30 quite cheap now. I'm on mate 30. Think after this oppo or OnePlus. Xiaomi is just v bad
boarulez
post May 21 2020, 03:50 PM

Casual
357 posts

I also need suggestion , my wife wana jump from iphoneX to p40
Do you guys recommend ? Usually fb, whatsapp,insta, Waze .
TSneverest8
post May 22 2020, 03:24 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(ehwee @ May 20 2020, 03:12 AM)

If you are mate book or honor magic book owner, it's convenient to have latest Huawei phone for their instant file sharing feature.
Thanks for all the suggestions. At least I know what apps to look for if I ever make the jump to purchase it. laugh.gif

I don't have mate book or honor magic, sadly, as I am using a Dell laptop.

Also, I read that it is impossibly difficult to root and flash Huawei device now, which is a bummer.

Maybe I can try Xiaomi seeing how they are shaping up to be the new Huawei.
Deathz P
post May 22 2020, 05:05 PM

Probation
31 posts

cant live without GMS
Theoutspokenguy
post May 24 2020, 02:26 PM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

QUOTE(ehwee @ May 20 2020, 03:12 AM)

dont you think just avoid hua wei solve all the problems. Alternative are never as good as original. Sharing features not necessary must get hua wei. Been using cloud is quick too but to sacrifice all the apps just for an instant sharing features are not worth. It also will affect 2nd hand value too people will avoid it.

This post has been edited by Theoutspokenguy: May 24 2020, 02:31 PM
Theoutspokenguy
post May 24 2020, 02:29 PM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

QUOTE(nonexno @ May 20 2020, 10:50 PM)
Used p30 quite cheap now. I'm on mate 30. Think after this oppo or OnePlus. Xiaomi is just v bad
been using many xiao mi and bought many for my family and friends. Till today not much problems and just bought two redmi note 9s

user posted image

user posted image

Brand that usually i avoid are oppo and vivo because you are paying for the ads not the value of the phone.
heihei
post May 24 2020, 02:33 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

dont buy phone without GMS
u will regret sooner than later , some games bind with google account, some apps bind with google only and many apps cant work without it such as grab
nonexno
post May 24 2020, 03:00 PM

On my way
563 posts

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ May 24 2020, 02:29 PM)
been using many xiao mi and bought many for my family and friends. Till today not much problems and  just bought two redmi note 9s

user posted image

user posted image

Brand that usually i avoid are oppo and vivo because you are paying for the ads not the value of the phone.
I would disagree. Tried xiaomi phones. A bit like Samsung. Lag and the camera sounds good on paper but really trash. For budget redmi is ok
lordgamer3
post May 24 2020, 03:05 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(neverest8 @ May 18 2020, 05:43 PM)
Hi tech enthusiasts. I was shopping around for a new phone because my Huawei P10 is almost out of commission. Just wondering if it is worth getting the latest one as I know there is no Google support for the phone. Been a loyal Huawei phone user and just wondering if there is any difference. Thanks in advance!  laugh.gif
Not doubting the phone quality the slightest bit. Without google services can be quite annoying but that is very secondary.

Primary concern will be with regards to security as there is a law in China that makes it mandatory for Chinese state own telco companies to provide the gomen with data.Which is ok if u not anti CCP and there are other potential security loopholes.

That aside in terms of hardware camera and the phone itself is freaking amazing but the question you need to ask is how secure are you.
Vrese
post May 24 2020, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

I thought they say it's trash?
lordgamer3
post May 24 2020, 03:19 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(Vrese @ May 24 2020, 03:07 PM)
I thought they say it's trash?
Quite tough. Soon some CCP troll will come and say everything China make is superior and the imperialist is garbage.

Vrese
post May 24 2020, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(lordgamer3 @ May 24 2020, 03:19 PM)
Quite tough. Soon some CCP troll will come and say everything China make is superior and the imperialist is garbage.

I mean without the Google service in it..
lordgamer3
post May 24 2020, 03:29 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(Vrese @ May 24 2020, 03:27 PM)
I mean without the Google service in it..
To me that one not big problem la but the device itself if got backdoor that one is very worrying besides backdoor got security experts who found flaws in their OS last time and huawei never take action. So can put two and two together i will be bit sceptical. As a device on its own value for money but without GMS and security concerns no matter how good also i rather not touch.
Theoutspokenguy
post May 24 2020, 04:02 PM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

QUOTE(nonexno @ May 24 2020, 03:00 PM)
I would disagree. Tried xiaomi phones. A bit like Samsung. Lag and the camera sounds good on paper but really trash. For budget redmi is ok
if you comparing with high end phones then you are over expecting.

I got many samsung phones so u said lag its more a user problem. Buy mid range expect perform like high end.

xiao mi phones lag? you must be buying a 2gb ram with 16gb version with mediatek. Buy phones must know do your research spec.

My friend oppo and vivo everyday complaint lag and bad camera too they design the phone looks like high end but pack with low end hardware.
lordgamer3
post May 24 2020, 04:04 PM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ May 24 2020, 04:02 PM)
if you comparing with high end phones then you are over expecting.

I got many samsung phones so u said lag its more a user problem.  Buy mid range expect perform like high end.

xiao mi phones lag? you must be buying a 2gb ram with 16gb version with mediatek. Buy phones must know do your research spec.

My friend oppo and vivo everyday complaint lag and bad camera too they design the phone looks like high end but pack with low end hardware.
Oppo Xiaomi all under the BBK umbrella the high end phones quite good value for money but again my only concern is i dont know what the security level is.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th April 2024 - 01:51 PM