Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Secretlab chair owner, how’s your chair holding up, Secretlab chair experience after 1 year

views

lolzcalvin
post Apr 29 2020, 07:08 PM

shibe in predicament
1,519 posts

QUOTE(sunami @ Apr 29 2020, 06:59 PM)
if it peels off..
that is not a genuine leather..
most probably pu or pvc..
how much is the chair?
secretlab edy advertised as PU leather..TS also mentioned PU leather in the post..just that secretlab has advertised their PU leather's durability to be 'vigorously tested through 200,000 flexing and abrasion resistance test cycles'..

unfortunately, vigorous testing can't beat real world usage, PU leather is polymer leatherette after all
lolzcalvin
post Apr 30 2020, 03:04 PM

shibe in predicament
1,519 posts

im also eyeing on the fabric version..pretty much the same applied to headsets. all my previous earcups with leatherette got torn asf, threw them away and now I settled myself with steelseries arctis which comes with airweave fabric earcups.
lolzcalvin
post Sep 15 2020, 11:04 AM

shibe in predicament
1,519 posts

QUOTE(eric84cool @ Sep 6 2020, 09:18 PM)
Is there any local retailer that selling secretlab?

any deal from lazada/shopee?
no retailer, secretlab directly selling in malaysia.
lolzcalvin
post Aug 10 2021, 02:05 PM

shibe in predicament
1,519 posts

after using secretlab omega 2020 soft weave version for almost a year now, i think it's time to give my opinion and verdict on the chair. the chair:

user posted image

basically, do not buy "gaming-shaped chair", including secretlab. secretlab is just a more expensive "gaming-shaped chair". i'm not aiming towards things like the PU leather peels too easily, how to clean your softweave fabric or what not, i'm talking about its overall comfort quality and ergonomics.

secretlab omega 2020 soft weave: the pros
- it looks nice and the softweave is very breathable so you can go long without sweating like those with PU leather.
- features like reclining etc.

secretlab omega 2020 soft weave: the cons
- all of these gaming chairs are THE SAME, including this omega 2020, other than some functionalities and features, and apart from the logo.
- they're the same stiff not-really-ergo chair, with 2 flaps on the side (upper and lower) pushing your shoulder into bad posture as well as not giving enough room for your thighs, and then alongside with a lip at the edge the seat that pressures and makes your lower legs sore due to poor circulation.
- their "cold cure foam mix" is basically just stiff, tough, firm cushion and doesn't really feel "oh-so-good" like what they've advertised. even my dining chair's cushion feels more comfortable.
- due to its stiff cushion, sitting on it any longer will make you actually want to stand up due to leg fatigue as the cushion is pressing against your thighs.
- if you actually have sat on a real deal office ergo chair before, you'll know you cannot find such comfort on omega 2020, or titan 2020, or any gaming chair.

do yourself a favor, get an actual office ergo chair. don't go for secretlab because of its looks and prettiness, because all these gaming chairs really are the same. let's be honest everyone, the reason we all want a gaming chair is because of its trends and looks. and after purchasing, many fell into the placebo thinking they offer comfort when they do not cuz they spent way too much money on a not-so-good product.

any "gaming-shaped chair" with flaps on both side that constricts your thighs and shoulders, i recommend to not buy. same goes to secretlab's latest 2022 evo. it will be nothing better. this is regardless of its branding/size, titan or not, XL size or not.

i don't plan to use my omega 2020 soft weave any longer as i learned the lesson...i'm planning to, again, fork out an addditional 1k - 2k for an actual ergonomic chair with good quality. no money for herman miller though.

This post has been edited by lolzcalvin: Aug 10 2021, 02:43 PM
lolzcalvin
post Aug 11 2021, 02:21 PM

shibe in predicament
1,519 posts

QUOTE(IAmLejen @ Aug 11 2021, 10:00 AM)
I think the statement of do not get ANY gaming chair statement is a bit too overexaggerating. I have both ergochair 2.0 and secretlab titan 2020 and I do prefer the titan over the ergochair 2.0.
Omega indeed is a typical gaming chair with wings and the suckish lumbar pillow. But the Titan 2020 and the evo 2022 have adjustable lumbar supports and broad wings and base so you wont feel confined and it is very very comfortable.

Regarding the cushion, it has to be firm to provide support, if its soft like a sofa or like you say your dining chair, it will not provide enough muscle support for proper ergonomics, but yeah this is very subjective whether you can accept the firm cushion or not.

everyone is subjective on what kind of chair is most comfortable for them, just want to point out that you saying all gaming chairs are the same is just not fair as omega is not a good chair to begin with.
I did have a look at titan evo 2022 - just like titan 2020 the flaps are still present on seat and back rest, broad or not, still confining shoulders and thighs movement when it comes to small and mid size of that brand. even the comment before yours mentioned that omega 2020 has been discontinued when secretlab is still selling it on their official site -- whereas on the new 2022 evo lineup, secretlab just removes the throne and omega branding into one titan with different sizings.

I think there's a reason why ergo chairs never have this kind of flaps, on chairs like Herman Miller, Ergohuman and even IKEA Markus, that's because they weren't designed as "racing style" they are actuall for ergonomics as their names already suggested. the gaming chairs are styled as "racing styled chair" which locks u into 1 position during racing event for max stability and legs are actually raised upwards on the pedals. in office/gaming environment, your legs are on the ground instead of elevated. these ergo chairs on the other hand have had years of ergonomics researches, vs the gaming styled chairs marketed for teens and trends.

the statement of mine saying to not buy gaming chairs are surely subjective -- as a subject myself after using omega 2020 I'm just sharing my opinion about these racing styled chairs being not suitable for long office/gaming sitting usage as it causes bum pain and may reduce blood circulation and in the end causing blood clots, this not only apply to omega but throne 2020 and previous iterations as well. thus I recommended anyone else who came across my piece of verdict to think twice about buying gaming chairs.

though, my opinion is not unique at all, it's safe to say it's pretty common...plenty of ppl even in this forum and other places are asking people to stay away from these chairs and get a "real ergo chair". I tot it was surely subjective as well until I got secretlab omega and used it for a year. is it only secretlab omega which is a bad chair and titan is surely miles better than omega when both share the same design, and just that the latter is larger and with lumbar support? omega has good reviews on secretlab, 4.9/5, same goes to titan. "very comfortable" they said. my company's office ergo chair costs around 1.5k around the price of omega or titan 2022 "regular size", and it's the most comfortable chair I've ever sat on, so came my verdict. hope you'll understand where I came from.

This post has been edited by lolzcalvin: Aug 11 2021, 02:26 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.51    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:36 PM