Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Secretlab chair owner, how’s your chair holding up, Secretlab chair experience after 1 year

views

danadasung
post Aug 21 2021, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(iamloco @ Aug 20 2021, 11:30 PM)
Really don't understand all the hype about gaming chair. Just get an ergonomic office chair and you'll be happy for the rest of your life lol
Exactly. I tried my friend's Secretlab and it was more uncomfortable than my office chair that I use.
Swag213 P
post Sep 8 2021, 12:19 PM

Probation
2 posts

Anyone here has a referral code which can be used for Secretlab?

Swag213 P
post Sep 29 2021, 07:00 PM

Probation
2 posts

I have some referral codes available for a Secretlab chair if anyone is looking for one.
joedpa82
post Sep 29 2021, 11:55 PM

On my way
573 posts

Here's an idea. Get it reupholstered with genuine leather. Also dont forget to clean and remoisturized those leathers.
khaiandrew
post Nov 8 2021, 12:07 PM

Fuji <3
1,268 posts

I've got some referral codes if anyone needs!
SpikeTwo
post Nov 8 2021, 01:06 PM

無敵 PC Elitist
5,464 posts

QUOTE(Swag213 @ Sep 29 2021, 07:00 PM)
I have some referral codes available for a Secretlab chair if anyone is looking for one.
any refereal codes
SUSlife5tyle
post Nov 9 2021, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

Pure leather and PU coated is totally different level. Even pure leather also will suffer facial wear-off is you don't know how to take care of it. Still back to your usage level.

PU leather designs generally last between 3~5 years. Also depend on the manufacturing of the PU leather. 3~5 years is calculated from the manufacturing date of it.

PU coasted or Hybrid Leatherette is about $500~600.

NAPA leather or pure leather is costing $1200~$1400.

By the price, you know what you bought.
yeeseong82
post Nov 10 2021, 11:20 PM

2 posts

Any referral code?
Hexlord
post Nov 17 2021, 09:29 AM

Enthusiast
943 posts

QUOTE(lolzcalvin @ Aug 10 2021, 02:05 PM)
after using secretlab omega 2020 soft weave version for almost a year now, i think it's time to give my opinion and verdict on the chair. the chair:

user posted image

basically, do not buy "gaming-shaped chair", including secretlab. secretlab is just a more expensive "gaming-shaped chair". i'm not aiming towards things like the PU leather peels too easily, how to clean your softweave fabric or what not, i'm talking about its overall comfort quality and ergonomics.

secretlab omega 2020 soft weave: the pros
- it looks nice and the softweave is very breathable so you can go long without sweating like those with PU leather.
- features like reclining etc.

secretlab omega 2020 soft weave: the cons
- all of these gaming chairs are THE SAME, including this omega 2020, other than some functionalities and features, and apart from the logo.
- they're the same stiff not-really-ergo chair, with 2 flaps on the side (upper and lower) pushing your shoulder into bad posture as well as not giving enough room for your thighs, and then alongside with a lip at the edge the seat that pressures and makes your lower legs sore due to poor circulation.
- their "cold cure foam mix" is basically just stiff, tough, firm cushion and doesn't really feel "oh-so-good" like what they've advertised. even my dining chair's cushion feels more comfortable.
- due to its stiff cushion, sitting on it any longer will make you actually want to stand up due to leg fatigue as the cushion is pressing against your thighs.
- if you actually have sat on a real deal office ergo chair before, you'll know you cannot find such comfort on omega 2020, or titan 2020, or any gaming chair.

do yourself a favor, get an actual office ergo chair. don't go for secretlab because of its looks and prettiness, because all these gaming chairs really are the same. let's be honest everyone, the reason we all want a gaming chair is because of its trends and looks. and after purchasing, many fell into the placebo thinking they offer comfort when they do not cuz they spent way too much money on a not-so-good product.

any "gaming-shaped chair" with flaps on both side that constricts your thighs and shoulders, i recommend to not buy. same goes to secretlab's latest 2022 evo. it will be nothing better. this is regardless of its branding/size, titan or not, XL size or not.

i don't plan to use my omega 2020 soft weave any longer as i learned the lesson...i'm planning to, again, fork out an addditional 1k - 2k for an actual ergonomic chair with good quality. no money for herman miller though.
Thanks for the review~ I agree with the placebo effect haha.
Zot
post Nov 17 2021, 09:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

The name secretlab comes from secretly refurbished old chair in lab laugh.gif
SpikeTwo
post Nov 17 2021, 11:08 AM

無敵 PC Elitist
5,464 posts

cant wait for my SL titan evo 2022
iZuDeeN
post Nov 18 2021, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

to those who are used to 'office chair'.. yes you would feel uncomfortable sitting on secretlab..

i had the same problem too..

but after a few days to a week... you definitely will enjoy it.. in actual fact it is better for your back with its sitting posture.. (based on their independent lab report result)

ChaosXP
post Nov 18 2021, 11:27 PM

Casual
421 posts

Anyone bought Herman Miller gaming chairs and used it for a while ? How is the wear and tear for their gaming series

Edit : No i dont own any secret lab chairs , yet or not.

Tried secret lab before, but not much diff for me. I'll stick to my aged Markus for now

This post has been edited by ChaosXP: Nov 21 2021, 03:54 PM
novblaze
post Jul 30 2022, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

QUOTE(novblaze @ Aug 11 2020, 08:24 AM)
Is quite big actually. But probably can enter your back seat with the help of their staff.

The size of the box is also attached.

Luckily I haven't throw away the box. Haha. Fill up my room
I got my tomaz gaming chair on 8/2020

Now almost 2 years.

All still nice a good.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Those white white are dust

At 599 tomaz > secret lab
tadashi987
post Aug 31 2022, 11:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,085 posts

wont this 'leather' chair make ur thight sweat consider the weather in Malaysia?
SpikeTwo
post Sep 15 2022, 03:28 PM

無敵 PC Elitist
5,464 posts

love my titan 2022 softweave. super comfy and the firmness is perfect. no more sweaty nuts.

17 Pages « < 15 16 17Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:50 AM