Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Keyboards/Piano Finally I bought my piano...yay!

views

everettsyj
post Apr 28 2020, 03:51 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

I am having this FP30 as well. I think it's good enough for budget keyboard, the heavy key imitating the real piano keys isnt it? haha. The speaker is okay, but its much better when you plug in to speaker or headphone as the sound will be much nicer(their sound engine)
Vincy8925
post Apr 28 2020, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(pipedream @ Apr 28 2020, 03:28 AM)
its an entry level roland lol, don't expect wonders, but if u are coming from a midi keyboard to weighted keys there will some getting used to

still, the supernatural engine on roland should sound good exporting through a good pair of headphone, try that

in my opinion

sound - roland
touch - casio
worth for money - casio

stay away from yamaha digitals, they sucked bad, unless u talking about the high end clavinovas or the stage pianos costing around 10k

so for my digital i got a casio privia midi out to an imac running pianoteq with a pair of old home theater speaker i hooked up to an amplifier to. huge set up but sounds good.

but real acoustic piano > all, nothing can replicate the touch of an acoustic
Which casio would you recommend? What do you think about the P125? Im actually considering getting one to start off my self taught piano lessons.

Really considering P125 because of the iOS piano support and free piano pieces like flowkey and smart pianist.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_ins...p-125/apps.html
TStenuk_cyber
post Apr 28 2020, 05:53 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(pipedream @ Apr 28 2020, 12:28 PM)
ahaha, there are cheap used uprights too around 4-5k

long term investment i think, i really developed bad habits starting on digitals as it is much more forgiving eg tonal decay is much shorter on a digital than real acoustic, hence u can sustain longer and it will still sounds okay, try that on a real acoustic u get incredibly muddy sound
I live in condo, so thats why i chose digital. I am quite old so i no longer concern about bad habit and also not going to pursue the exam

QUOTE(bumfart @ Apr 28 2020, 03:38 PM)
now i am asking if musicbliss will deliver during MCO??
Any item you purchase from lazada/shopee/whatever online item they will deliver one
TStenuk_cyber
post Apr 28 2020, 05:58 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(everettsyj @ Apr 28 2020, 03:51 PM)
I am having this FP30 as well. I think it's good enough for budget keyboard, the heavy key imitating the real piano keys isnt it? haha. The speaker is okay, but its much better when you plug in to speaker or headphone as the sound will be much nicer(their sound engine)
True, the key is quite heavy, but i like it. I dont think Yamaha P125 have this weighted key?

QUOTE(Vincy8925 @ Apr 28 2020, 04:53 PM)
Which casio would you recommend? What do you think about the P125? Im actually considering getting one to start off my self taught piano lessons.

Really considering P125 because of the iOS piano support and free piano pieces like flowkey and smart pianist.

Flowkey does not support user from Malaysia

https://www.flowkey.com/en/yamaha

But if you really want to buy digital piano, i advised u to test first. Don't be like me biggrin.gif
pipedream
post Apr 28 2020, 06:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(Vincy8925 @ Apr 28 2020, 05:53 PM)

didnt really research on digitals for sometime now, but if i recall correctly the privia lines had the same keys across all boards and they only differ in their sound and aesthetic, so buy one that suits your budget as long its the privia line

ios piano support is just a fancy way of saying midi supported which most if not all of the latest digitals and keyboards in the markets does nowadays

i never tried the p125 before but my school have a dgx 660 in their music club which i tried before, both has similar spec so they probably are the same

the keys in my opinion is too soft and plastically, didn't really like them, the sound is tiny coming out from the build in speakers (but of course it may be subjective because students frequently abuses any instruments there in the school)

overall, i felt like playing a keyboard instead of a digital piano, but i could be bias because i am used to privia and my upright more heavier touch

i self taught myself too, and while i wouldn't say i am good at playing but imo u can get by through youtube tutorials and googling, because for the most u just need to learn how to read sheet music, the hard part is probably keeping the tempo and the occasional odd time signatures and triplets passages, in these cases u can use a metronome to help u with, but constant long time practice is still needed, but as i said earlier, learning on a digital without guidance will probably get u into some bad habits, but they are nothing that u can't unlearn from

good luck
everettsyj
post Apr 28 2020, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

[quote=tenuk_cyber,Apr 28 2020, 05:58 PM]
True, the key is quite heavy, but i like it. I dont think Yamaha P125 have this weighted key?

Yamaha P125 has weighted keys as well. Both model more or less the same, just preferences.
George441
post May 12 2020, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

Congrats!!!! thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif icon_idea.gif thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:27 AM