Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do you print photo portfolio?, Suggest pro printing shop.

views

TSEvilc
post Jan 18 2020, 12:21 AM, updated 5y ago

5 posts

Do you guys print out your photos for your portfolio? Where do you guys usually do the printing & how do you make sure your photo is color accurate in the hardcopy?

I am looking to print a booklet portfolio... not for my photographs (although you can assume them to be). I have my 3d visuals work that I have compiled into a book and ready to print as a portfolio. For now, just assume my works are similar to any of the paid photographs.

My first test print didn't turn up as what I am hoping for... there is huge color shift (towards yellow-greenish, and lack of red). The printer guy said this is common for digital printing. Since I am not printing hundred of books for selling, offset printing is out of question.

And Yes, my monitor is calibrated... in my experience, photo printing 4R-5R using the fujifilm printing machine is rather accurate and I am happy with those.. But those are individual photos. And what I am working on now is a book.

I may end up spending a lot more, but I really want to get the result I am hoping for that I am proud to present it to my client. May I know if there is any printing solution pro photographers can recommend? I have tried photobook.com, I feel like they are still cater for average consumer, and the quality and detail isn't good enough for professional work.

For those who commonly print photo album for your clients (wedding etc), can please share some advice? notworthy.gif Thanks.
JimmyX
post Jan 18 2020, 06:35 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Normal people won't notice any difference in printing quality. Distance of viewing the photo album too.

I think photobook is fair enough.

Grajindo
post Jan 18 2020, 08:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(Evilc @ Jan 18 2020, 12:21 AM)
Do you guys print out your photos for your portfolio? Where do you guys usually do the printing & how do you make sure your photo is color accurate in the hardcopy?

I am looking to print a booklet portfolio... not for my photographs (although you can assume them to be). I have my 3d visuals work that I have compiled into a book and ready to print as a portfolio. For now, just assume my works are similar to any of the paid photographs.

My first test print didn't turn up as what I am hoping for... there is huge color shift (towards yellow-greenish, and lack of red). The printer guy said this is common for digital printing. Since I am not printing hundred of books for selling, offset printing is out of question.

And Yes, my monitor is calibrated... in my experience, photo printing 4R-5R using the fujifilm printing machine is rather accurate and I am happy with those.. But those are individual photos. And what I am working on now is a book.

I may end up spending a lot more, but I really want to get the result I am hoping for that I am proud to present it to my client. May I know if there is any printing solution pro photographers can recommend? I have tried photobook.com, I feel like they are still cater for average consumer, and the quality and detail isn't good enough for professional work.

For those who commonly print photo album for your clients (wedding etc), can please share some advice? notworthy.gif  Thanks.
try gicleart sdn bhd / ilford galerie MY. Ilford master printer Wesley can get 99% colour accuracy.. i have done quite some prints at his and everytime the result is just spot on..

TSEvilc
post Jan 18 2020, 10:50 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(JimmyX @ Jan 18 2020, 06:35 PM)
Normal people won't notice any difference in printing quality. Distance of viewing the photo album too.

I think photobook is fair enough.
Thanks. But I am not dealing with normal people. My clients are architects and designers, who are rather fussy in nature.
TSEvilc
post Jan 18 2020, 10:50 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(Grajindo @ Jan 18 2020, 08:02 PM)
try gicleart sdn bhd / ilford galerie MY. Ilford master printer Wesley can get 99% colour accuracy.. i have done quite some prints at his and everytime the result is just spot on..
Thank you ! I will try to check it out

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0109sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:31 AM