Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cycling V37: Road bikes - Recreational/Racing, Average speed 30km/h is so 1786

views

ahpingko
post Jun 17 2020, 05:02 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 17 2020, 03:56 PM)
Or maybe hard cycling style...  flex.gif  Maybe la...  biggrin.gif  lol.gif  grin.gif
average on 30 km/h max 45/50 km/h not yet max out rear cassette using 50/34 compact with 9 speed sora shifter. notworthy.gif
user posted image
Same groupset rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif thumbup.gif
ahpingko
post Jun 17 2020, 05:41 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 17 2020, 05:34 PM)
Good groupset ma...  rclxm9.gif  notworthy.gif
murah lagi.. i still on my first bike with sora.. despite some upgrade to the bikes..good thing is i never try other bike b4.. rclxs0.gif rclxms.gif
ahpingko
post Jun 17 2020, 06:43 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 17 2020, 06:39 PM)
Yeah, but there are so many cyclists who are doing 30 - 40km using using 52/36 with 11 speed Ultegra / Dura-Ace shifters with ceramic bearings and oversized pulleys.  sweat.gif  notworthy.gif

I usually overhear them comparing specs when meeting at Bahulu Classiq / Nam Wah or at Malay kopitiam nearby.  drool.gif  brows.gif
Meanwhile i still with my 9 speed Sora and 50T compact Prowheel Ounce crankset saja.. rclxub.gif
DuraAce and CeramicSpeed stuff really cost a fortune.. shocking.gif shocking.gif
ahpingko
post Jun 17 2020, 08:38 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Jun 17 2020, 07:06 PM)
Yes. But if itchy, save money bit by bit until can afford. Once u get to use what u been wanting for so long, forever itchiness cured. Thats my exprience la
Nowadays spend more on training part only.. like training tools (trainer/pm/zwift/trainingpeaks/etc)...

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 17 2020, 07:09 PM)
Yalo. Dura-Ace, CeramicSpeed, ROTOR, and all those goodies are expensive.
But... there are more expensive bike parts out there such as ....

hhhnnnggghhh...
BTW, the Storck crankset is also in carbon fibre.
seriously too overprice already.. rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

QUOTE(rads78 @ Jun 17 2020, 07:18 PM)
Dulu masa I muda muda, we were saying tak menang race takpe, asal menang gaya. So, haven’t started the race also podium already. That time muda muda la, now I insaf already.
Aku pun ada spend one 1 super flashy wheelset.. and then struggling to improve myself to power up that wheelset.. tongue.gif tongue.gif lepas tu cannot afford to buy new frame.. hahaha
ahpingko
post Jun 18 2020, 01:32 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(UncleTinsel @ Jun 18 2020, 12:37 PM)
Hi Folks. New to the cycling scene in Malaysia. Started with a foldie and now looking at a road bike.

Does anyone have a good carrying solution for a 2-3 bike carrier for Perodua Aruz?

If you know of a shop that might have a solution, it's good too. Thanks!
I started with super cheap foldie too and then moved to MTB and lastly a roadbike till now.. no regret getting into roadbike path..

aruz still can fit 2 road bike (detach wheels) inside i think? some rear carrier will block the number plate then u will have issue if got JPJ/Police..
ahpingko
post Jun 18 2020, 02:03 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(UncleTinsel @ Jun 18 2020, 01:55 PM)
Excellent point on the number plate/JPJ observation. Thank you so much! Roof carrier it is, then!

You not JPJ/PDRM are you?  blink.gif
I am not JPJ/PDRM laugh.gif
Because I also bought the rear carrier and in fact, installed onto my car and carried my bike on it. Some of my friend say that that is illegal to cover the number plate so I went back and ask the shop, he also admit that and tell me to just return the carrier back if I am not comfortable. And i returned it..

I only got 1 bike just i just lower my rear seats and shove my entire bike in only.. tongue.gif faster than ikat onto the carrier...
ahpingko
post Jun 18 2020, 03:50 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(UncleTinsel @ Jun 18 2020, 03:16 PM)
Wow! Good info. Thanks for schooling this noob on the subject.

So it's pretty clear for me. Foldies or roof rails!

Also...if anyone has good tips on getting your better half addicted to this drug, tips welcomed!
it is not easy, and also quite troublesome.. tongue.gif especially if your other half is puteri lilin..

best maybe just get indoor trainer, let her ride indoor according to her sweet time..

unless, she also got the heart to improve together.. then it will be very fun to both of u..can draft each other and get maximum improvement of the time spent..
else u will end up in this situation after sometime.. u kena slow down for her everytime u bring her out.. cannot join fast peloton.. brows.gif
ahpingko
post Jun 18 2020, 04:03 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Jun 18 2020, 03:55 PM)
this guy gets it
may i add, men usually tend to dive into the details and become bike geeks. if u think the other half doing some is not right n u try to correct her. hmm... good luck
wimmenz always right
this yeah.. they dont care about numbers one.. hahaha.. they only care what time need to stop, why so far and why ride till so late...and why wake up so early rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Jun 18 2020, 03:55 PM)
yeah...
always ride solo
no riding partner
i ride solo most of the time.. just do it like time trial je la.. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif if feel strong, attempt to get new PR on strava.. if feel sluggish, slow slow ride in Zone 2 only rclxm9.gif
ahpingko
post Jun 18 2020, 10:50 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

Wanna ask about ceramic pulley... my current Sora pulley is plasticky one..

user posted image

Very big difference when use this kind of pulley below?

https://shopee.com.my/CEMA-CERAMIC-PULLEY-1...3331.2300679560
ahpingko
post Jun 29 2020, 03:57 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(benbeaninc @ Jun 28 2020, 12:53 PM)
Yes wor... My Tire just burst mid ride T. T

Heart pain lu now...
Dura ace shifter scratched.
Too high pressure ah? how come tire will kaboom one? shocking.gif just curious only..
ahpingko
post Jul 1 2020, 02:12 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Jul 1 2020, 01:26 PM)
guys need cadangan. i'm shopping for new set of tyres. please review my candidates and comment. if u have other suggestions, please do so. i ride long distance 100-200km solo if i can.

cadangan Vittoria Rubino Pro, anything Continental, akan ditolak awal2.

1. Panaracer Gravelking
2. Panaracer Race A
3. Schwalbe One
Schwalbe One, i am using this also.. so far so good..used for 10months already

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Jul 1 2020, 02:02 PM)
eh by the way guys, i want to know, whenever you are out riding and stop for breaks or makan/minum/verakincin, i understand you guys will lean your bikes on just any wall/trees you can find.

how about open spaces like field, or empty land with just stones/gravel/sand or roadside with just a longkang, wont your heart feel pain letting your bike lie down on the ground just like that? what do you use to prop it up or stand it? or what do you put as the buffer between your bike and ground?

i had intention to pasang a kickstand for convenient sake but my friend all screaming at me lol.

now i am thinking of those flippable crank stand
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

or a stick like this

I also saw this Topeak stand macam cantik.. https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/d...tand%C2%AE-slim
ahpingko
post Jul 1 2020, 05:20 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Jul 1 2020, 02:12 PM)
mileage?
around 3-4k if not mistaken.. seldom ride in wet situation.. only few occurrence.. didn't feel any slippery or what.. thumbup.gif
ahpingko
post Jul 7 2020, 09:13 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(FreedomDream @ Jul 2 2020, 09:04 PM)
Hi guys, new to bicycle. Was thinking to cycle to loose weight and fitness. Any introductory bicycle recommended to buy? Budget friendly
QUOTE(FreedomDream @ Jul 2 2020, 09:23 PM)
I wonder is it possible around RM1k? Never bought bicycle since my school days.
QUOTE(skylinegtr34 @ Jul 6 2020, 09:12 PM)
Guys... need advice ;-)

Looking for a new hybrid bike. Budget around 1000-2000..

Any recommendation? Klang valley area
For this 1-2k budget, macam only dapat Camp bike..

Attached Image

Try pm Gan Cycle - Camp Bike...decent enough to just start cycling.. if got more budget can get decent bike at 3-5k Merida or sewaktu dengannya..

This post has been edited by ahpingko: Jul 7 2020, 09:14 PM
ahpingko
post Jul 8 2020, 10:28 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(chickunburrito @ Jul 8 2020, 01:08 PM)
hi. i want to get into cycling for fitness purposes. i havent cycle in years though lol. need recommendation to choose an ok bicycle for beginner.. budget is rm2k below, lower better. right now im eyeing at Megamo jasper 700.. is this good enough?
Megamo Jasper quite decent to start also..same like Camp Neon in terms of spec..i think that shop that sell Megamo also got carry Camp.. u can go check out.. if height around 170-175.. can try size 48..
i using size 52 Camp but wrong size for me with height of 170.. so kena try properly la..
ahpingko
post Jul 9 2020, 09:48 AM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(OptimusStar @ Jul 9 2020, 09:42 AM)
Hi Guys,
Im interested in cycling but i been informed by a nutritionist in a well known medical establishment in Bangsar South that this activity is bad for sperm.

Any truth in that?
Alot daddy cyclist here also.. no issue la.. don think too much.. bad as in what? cripple the sperm? laugh.gif
ahpingko
post Jul 9 2020, 11:00 AM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(OptimusStar @ Jul 9 2020, 10:35 AM)
Lower sperm count it seems
This is good to know
Not exactly a food nutritionist, this is from a well known fertility center.
No ask to reduce weight , then say want to cycle, thats when the nutrionist ask to change to a different exercise quoting cycling is not so good for sperm production
You should just start cycling if you like.. unless u are spending many hours on bike, else less likely you got any such effect from cycling.. 1-2 hours on weekend wont have much impact on that aspect..
ahpingko
post Jul 13 2020, 02:12 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 13 2020, 12:12 PM)
I tend to believe he's quite a capable cyclist as he stated it himself.  thumbsup.gif
He's just being humble.
Thread: How many of you si gemuk don't know how to ride, a bicycle ?
wah.. i just saw this fella posted in kopitiam.. no wonder u all keep mentioning him.. shocking.gif shocking.gif what is happening to him? so hate cyclists one.. hmm.gif
ahpingko
post Jul 13 2020, 02:27 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 13 2020, 02:10 PM)
Actually, your sunburn not too bad.  thumbsup.gif
Hope you don't kena sunburn on your head too!  sweat.gif  cry.gif

For that scar on your right knee, that one tapau from your Versys?  hmm.gif
Wah.. head will kena like that? luckily i always got wear cap under my helmet.. to absorb the sweat.. else sweat will drip into eyes..
user posted image

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 13 2020, 02:14 PM)
I oso dunno... but he's also cyclist wor...  confused.gif
But I think he is good cyclist type one. He just dun wan to show his pawer onli...  thumbup.gif
he macam alot of cyclist thread open to gaduh with cyclist one wor.. mega_shok.gif

This post has been edited by ahpingko: Jul 13 2020, 02:28 PM
ahpingko
post Jul 13 2020, 06:56 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Jul 13 2020, 05:55 PM)
that one very unlikely lah, me not so competitive wana count wattage and all.

i cycle to makan angin only.
4-series i gotta dig biger hole. let's hope that santa comes early for me
for this scenario, then you can just get either Bryton One or 420 or the XOSS also can.. if wanna invest slightly more then can see Garmin Edge 130 also..
ahpingko
post Jul 13 2020, 10:10 PM

Live.Ride.Run
2,810 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Jul 13 2020, 08:40 PM)
if only smartwatch can connect with cadence meter, then no need for bike comp too, hampalang kautim in one watch
bryton ONE dont have barometer for altitude sensing. XOSS had some issues with memory management and incorrect GPS tracking (based on what i googled la)

so only left with Rider420 which cost almost rm480.00. but i also found a rider410 at rm490.00 (both on shopee)

garmin more exp for less features compared to brytons. looks like i am leaning more to Bryton liao
Garmin watch like FR935 can do all those in a single device..beside from tracking your ride, it can also record your sleep/heart rate 24x7/run/switch/stress/etc..
u can even use bike mount to mount the watch like a bike comp..
is really all in one device.. just not so good on the navigation portion..too tiny to see the map..

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0269sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2020 - 11:18 AM