Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fark it, I'm gonna carry a girl's purse instead

views

TSidoblu
post Dec 6 2019, 08:33 AM, updated 5y ago

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

So I've been carrying a regular Fendi men's billfold with 8 card slots for about 4 years now.
The problem I am facing is that all my cards breaks into two even when I put it in my front pocket.
The other problem is, it gets really dusty inside after a day or two from the lint or whatnots inside my jeans pocket.
And the corner tips of the wallet gets folded in and the whole wallet gets bend all out of shape.
The size is also another problem. Its not oversized or anything but I would prefer smaller due to insufficient pocket space where I have to share with big phones nowadays

I'm thinking of getting a LV zippy coin purse as a replacement. I know it's a girl's purse but I think it can solve all my problems above.
First, its small size and it has a zipper which keeps the wallet/purse from dust.
Second, it doesnt have card slots but you practically put your whole stack of cards into it.
Well it does have 3 separate compartments which you can separate all your cards nicely.
The advantage is that cards stacked together will not bend or break easily. It fits more than 10 cards and some RM notes which is enough for my usage.
No more bend wallets with donkey ears corners

Your thoughts on this?

This post has been edited by idoblu: Dec 30 2019, 08:16 AM
boyz
post Dec 6 2019, 08:39 AM

Your Humble Vaudevillian
1,519 posts

Alternatively remove all cards into a card holder. And save you some money getting a new wallet. Btw sissy or not is not for us to judge. You know for yourself. Cheers.
g3n0c1d3
post Dec 6 2019, 09:41 AM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,493 posts

honestly i never have any problems of card breaking in half even when im using the cheap ol' pasar malam short wallet.

even used LV short wallet with loads of card still ok till i lost it (still bitter till today)
nowdays im using a long wallet and always at the back of my pocket and not a single one of my card breaks.

unless ure shoving everything inside ur wallet i dont see the card will break easily.

just do some cleaning once a while and throw away any of the receipt that u keep inside the wallet or keep some unused card some where else.

TSidoblu
post Dec 6 2019, 09:47 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Dec 6 2019, 09:41 AM)
honestly i never have any problems of card breaking in half even when im using the cheap ol' pasar malam short wallet.

even used LV short wallet with loads of card still ok till i lost it (still bitter till today)
nowdays im using a long wallet and always at the back of my pocket and not a single one of my card breaks.

unless ure shoving everything inside ur wallet i dont see the card will break easily.

just do some cleaning once a while and throw away any of the receipt that u keep inside the wallet or keep some unused card some where else.
I dun stuff lots of things into my wallet. Mostly bank cards and some cash. I try to make my wallet as thin as possible
Cards are in their respective slots. So far 4 of my cc cards are breaking into half. My one atm card is holding. And they all break right at the top or bottom of the numbers where the weakest links are

This post has been edited by idoblu: Dec 6 2019, 09:47 AM
g3n0c1d3
post Dec 6 2019, 11:23 AM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,493 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 6 2019, 09:47 AM)
I dun stuff lots of things into my wallet. Mostly bank cards and some cash. I try to make my wallet as thin as possible
Cards are in their respective slots. So far 4 of my cc cards are breaking into half. My one atm card is holding. And they all break right at the top or bottom of the numbers where the weakest links are
honestly its weird, i got my id card, licences 3-4 atm cards, discount cards and misc. card and name cards mostly in my wallet and my card slot put it in my back pocket summore... but never once (touch wood) of them breaking. but the slot are quite deep so maybe its one of the reason.

kl920930
post Dec 6 2019, 12:52 PM

mr. minibosskl
1,221 posts

if you love it = buy it

there is no right or wrong.. what matters most is you love it that's why you buy

to me I feel that chanel design or even just the brand recognition is leaning more towards the feminine side therefore more suitable for female users but like you said "Fark it, I'm gonna carry a girl's purse instead" so why bother right? laugh.gif
piccologist
post Dec 6 2019, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Dec 6 2019, 12:52 PM)
if you love it = buy it

there is no right or wrong.. what matters most is you love it that's why you buy

to me I feel that chanel design or even just the brand recognition is leaning more towards the feminine side therefore more suitable for female users but like you said "Fark it, I'm gonna carry a girl's purse instead" so why bother right?  laugh.gif
Agree, if you love it = buy it.

Thus, it solves all your problems.
yehlai
post Dec 6 2019, 03:23 PM

tree lover
4,492 posts

Put cards in card holder. Solved
niakulah
post Dec 6 2019, 03:32 PM

Senior Artisan
1,264 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 6 2019, 08:33 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

So I've been carrying a regular Fendi men's billfold with 8 card slots for about 4 years now. See photo above
The problem I am facing is that all my cards breaks into two even when I put it in my front pocket.
The other problem is, it gets really dusty inside after a day or two from the lint or whatnots inside my jeans pocket.
And the corner tips of the wallet gets folded in and the whole wallet gets bend all out of shape.
The size is also another problem. Its not oversized or anything but I would prefer smaller due to insufficient pocket space where I have to share with big phones nowadays

I'm thinking of getting a Chanel zip coin purse as a replacement. I know it's a girl's purse but I think it can solve all my problems above.
First, its small size and it has a zipper which keeps the wallet/purse from dust.
Second, it doesnt have card slots but you practically put your whole stack of cards into it.
Well it does have 3 separate compartments which you can separate all your cards nicely.
The advantage is that cards stacked together will not bend or break easily. It fits more than 10 cards and some RM notes which is enough for my usage.
No more bend wallets with donkey ears corners

Here is how it looks like -
Dimensions - 7.5 x 10.5 x 2 cm
[attachmentid=10369290]

Sissy or not? blush.gif
Please comment your thoughts on this.
I had this problem. Cards would break in my wallet in the back pocket because of the pressure at the small overlap between cards. Initially solved this by using a card holder carried in my front pocket.

Now I have a wallet that has 2 big pockets which can fit about 4 cards each. They are all stacked together and are aligned when the wallet is folded. Nothing else in the wallet like coins that can create a pressure point to break the cards.
Everdying
post Dec 6 2019, 04:00 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

there are wallets where u can stack cards into 1 compartment...so no chance of them bending etc...of cos that also just makes the wallet thicker.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:07 AM