Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Crystal and Diamond

views

TSkokwei1125
post Nov 12 2019, 10:20 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
73 posts

I went into Swarovski and notice that their rings are quite nice too with a very affordable price..

Basically i googled there's differences between crystal and diamond..

but may i know how to differentiate visually?
kambingkoh
post Nov 12 2019, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(kokwei1125 @ Nov 12 2019, 10:20 AM)
I went into Swarovski and notice that their rings are quite nice too with a very affordable price..

Both have different refractive index. Diamonds have higher refractive index and when light, which consists of 7 rainbow colours, passes through it, it can slow down the rainbow colours more efficiently and thus we will see different coloured sparkles easier. In other words, you will see that diamonds will be more fiery and lively when exposed to light.

I think even cubic zirconia (diamond simulant) has better refractive index than Swarovski crystal. Try Google it.

I think that's all I can share if you want the visual appearance differences.
skolkovmmmm999 P
post Nov 20 2019, 06:27 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kokwei1125 @ Nov 12 2019, 10:20 AM)

The certificate provided by GIA is the most important, because of how it authenticates all details pertaining to the diamond you’re about to buy. GIA is the reigning authority in America pertaining to the authentication of diamonds and providing documentation, which is necessary for further diamond deals.

While inadequate knowledge according to the 4 Cs can be held responsible here as well, the lack of proper knowledge of blemishes and inclusions can be costly for you.
Diamonds with poor clarity ratings are often sold at high rates by retailers, just because they look good.
Now, you would only be able to spot minor blemishes and inclusions by looking at the diamond from a microscope. See all details with clarity and then make your decision.

You need to understand that bigger diamondis not always better and cannot mean better quality and sparkling range.For sure big and little colorless diamond will cost differently and sometimes it is not important to buy big diamond with the same quality as little diamond should be, having privileges with sparkle and bright shine.

However, always remind, that diamond will always be the piece of art and should comply with her individuality and express in full her personality, being the cornerstone in the process of choosing a diamond, its colorless and quality.
There is option of gift card in GS Diamonds, please check it out!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:13 PM